Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Thanks,

Agree on 1713..

Regarding speaker combinations, any suggestions on moviestar ms100 vs. Diamond 10.1? Any specific pros and cons of one over another? Will Diamond 10.1 suffice the basic requirement for now (won't add anything apart from 9.cs center for another year at least)? Also, will diamond 9.1 will be fine for rear/surrounds later?

Any inputs on speakers and specifically on cominations stated above will be great help..

Rgds
Anshum

You can not compare moviestar ms100 vs. Diamond 10.1 because MS100 is a satellite subwoofer speaker package and Diamond 10.1 is bookshelves.
Wharfeldale MS 100 is a complete HT speaker solution whereas Diamond are specially meant for Music reproduction. You can go for Diamond 10.1 but you have to add Centre channel + Rear surrounds and Subwoofer. The cost will be higher.

The choice depends on your listening preference. First you should sort out your priorities. If you are a serious music listener the you should be considering a separate stereo AMP for Diamond. That will bring out the best in them. You can buy 1713 and MS 100 for movies. Otherwise if you want a good movie set up then you should go for MS 100 which are also quiet good for music which I have reviewed.

Last edited:
Thanks Rupam..

The primary usage is going to be music, however, Denon AVR is pretty good to my ears for music also. That's why I am ruling out a separate amp and will settle for an AVR, due to obvious cost constraints.

I have read your review, pretty nice, that's why posted my query specifically on this thread. However, I am not able to audition mv100. As to additional cost for diamond setup, am well aware of that as well :(... That's why my question was pretty precise in that regards.

If I settle for 10.1 bookshelves right now along with 9.cs center piece- this is same cost as 5.1 ht package of mv100; then is this better than opting for mv100. Again, below are specific concerns.

1. Will 10.1 + 9.cs combination serve my purpose of good music for at least an year?
2. Can I use 10.1 as rear speakers later? Intend to upgrade to 10.5/6 later for front speakers.

I understand i will need to scrap mv100 if I opts for diamond series later, that's why if I am getting comparable performance with 10.1+9.cs option I will prefer that.

Obviously I am no expert like you and these questions might sound a lil silly, but will help me a lot..

Thanks
Anshum

regarding your questions
1. Will 10.1 + 9.cs combination serve my purpose of good music for at least an year?
2. Can I use 10.1 as rear speakers later? Intend to upgrade to 10.5/6 later for front speakers.

1. Yes, they are very good speakers for music.

2. Ofcourse you can use 10.1 as rears later.

would suggest the following if u are not particular about wharefdale.

jamo HCS 426 5 speaker with towers in front 21000 in reliance but 25-26000 with dealers. jamo sub 200 16-17000. 426 was auditioned by me with various denon avrs and I found music to be good. actually I better liked jamo 506 floorstanders built solidly and very good for music but that costs 29000 per pair.
pl ignore if u are fixed on wharefdale.

Thanks Rupam..

The primary usage is going to be music, however, Denon AVR is pretty good to my ears for music also. That's why I am ruling out a separate amp and will settle for an AVR, due to obvious cost constraints.

I have read your review, pretty nice, that's why posted my query specifically on this thread. However, I am not able to audition mv100. As to additional cost for diamond setup, am well aware of that as well :(... That's why my question was pretty precise in that regards.

If I settle for 10.1 bookshelves right now along with 9.cs center piece- this is same cost as 5.1 ht package of mv100; then is this better than opting for mv100. Again, below are specific concerns.

I understand i will need to scrap mv100 if I opts for diamond series later, that's why if I am getting comparable performance with 10.1+9.cs option I will prefer that.

Obviously I am no expert like you and these questions might sound a lil silly, but will help me a lot..

Thanks
Anshum

Thanks Rupam..

Thanks RP.. more or less fixed, prefer the warmer tone of wharfs.. though will still check Jamo once as suggested.. shall keep posted...

Cheers, Anshum

Hi Guys,

Getting around 10-15% discount on AVR+ speakers, is that good? More than that my concern is whether I will be able to get proper service if I buy from any dealer?

1. I read ProFx is authorized distributor of Denon in Mumbai and they don't service anything not brought from them, is that correct? Getting better prices at "The Shop" and "Beats99"- both of them are good renowned dealers in Mumbai.

2. Similarly for wharfedale speakers, getting better prices at Beats99, however I don't think they are authorized dealers.

Was planning my purchase from Beats99 as it is closer to my place and also the overall discount there works out to be 15%, 32k for Denon 1713 And 34k for wharfedale 10.2+ 10.cs. Any suggestions considering above service considerations if I should go ahead with Beats99 at these prices? Any inputs on your experience with Beats99 will also help.

Rgds
Anshum

Hi Anshum,

Can you summarise the deals that you are getting from the the 2-3 dealers you spoke with?

Hi Guys,

Getting around 10-15% discount on AVR+ speakers, is that good? More than that my concern is whether I will be able to get proper service if I buy from any dealer?

1. I read ProFx is authorized distributor of Denon in Mumbai and they don't service anything not brought from them, is that correct? Getting better prices at "The Shop" and "Beats99"- both of them are good renowned dealers in Mumbai.

2. Similarly for wharfedale speakers, getting better prices at Beats99, however I don't think they are authorized dealers.

Was planning my purchase from Beats99 as it is closer to my place and also the overall discount there works out to be 15%, 32k for Denon 1713 And 34k for wharfedale 10.2+ 10.cs. Any suggestions considering above service considerations if I should go ahead with Beats99 at these prices? Any inputs on your experience with Beats99 will also help.

Rgds
Anshum
Have you contacted "Designer Audio" ? They had given very nice offer to me..

Hi Umapati any plans to get a Bluray player?

Not planned yet..Coz I just added "WD Live" to my set up..Got it from USA.Its awesome..So, may be on later stage I might plan to add it.And this time we will surely do R&D together..But if you still need any specific model demo here in Mumbai, I will surely help you..:)

Hi Anshum,

Can you summarise the deals that you are getting from the the 2-3 dealers you spoke with?

The Shop @ Andheri- 10% discount on AV + speaker package. Free installation.
Beats99 @ Rcity Ghatkopar- 15% discount on AV + speaker package.Free installation.
Profx @ Marketcity Kurla- 10% discount on AV. 1000 rs for installation since speaker package is not purchased from them.

AV: Denon 1713
Speaker: Wharfedale 10.2 + 10.cs.

Guys, any suggestions on my queries above to buy from Beats99? Will they be able to provide service for AV and package? or should I settle with authorized distributor only?

Another challenge with Denon authorized distributor is that they won't provide Wharfedale speakers, not even Jamo. They are pitching Polk audio which is not to my taste- have already auditioned.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Anshum

Negotiate with The Shop. They are highly competitive guys & I'm sure they will match the best offers you are getting from Beats. They are authorized dealers as well to the best of my knowledge so that takes care of you're warranty & servicing.

Negotiate with The Shop. They are highly competitive guys & I'm sure they will match the best offers you are getting from Beats. They are authorized dealers as well to the best of my knowledge so that takes care of you're warranty & servicing.

They aren't willing to negotiate any further. Also, in my understanding proFX is the only authorized dealer for Denon so Shop will be more or less in same position as Beats99. Will I be able to get AVR service support if I buy from either shop or beats?? I guess speakers seldom need service is that a fair assumption?

Cheers

As far as I know Kripa electronics Mumbai are the official importers for Denon products because their name was printed on the box itself.. They have customer care no- 022-26051781.. You can confirm with them..Their technician has guided me when I was in need of for the set up.

The Shop and Alliance 4 seemingly are the only 2 retailers who are authorized retailers for Denon and Wharfedale.

Denon 1713, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 + 10.cs

The Shop: 68k, not willing to negotiate any further.

Alliance 4: Quote awaited. Any feedback on the dealer? Is after sales service good?

Beats 99: 65k, willing to negotiate further. Should be able to close around 63-64k. Any suggestions if they will be able to offer after sales service? Trying to check with Kripa electronics as suggested by Umapati, shall share any feedback..

Cheers
Anshum

The Shop and Alliance 4 seemingly are the only 2 retailers who are authorized retailers for Denon and Wharfedale.

Denon 1713, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 + 10.cs

The Shop: 68k, not willing to negotiate any further.

Alliance 4: Quote awaited. Any feedback on the dealer? Is after sales service good?

Beats 99: 65k, willing to negotiate further. Should be able to close around 63-64k. Any suggestions if they will be able to offer after sales service? Trying to check with Kripa electronics as suggested by Umapati, shall share any feedback..

Cheers
Anshum

Correction: I meant The Shop and Alliance 4 seemingly are the only 2 retailers who are authorized retailers for BOTH Denon and Wharfedale.

:: > Welcome to Kripa India <::
Designer Audio - Sole Distributor for India of world-renowned brands such as Wharfedale, Quad, Phil Jones, DAC, Byford Audio, Vanguard, Vueguard, Vuemax in Mumbai, India.

Cheers
Anshum

Both are good dealers.I had got some stuffs from Alliance 4 & they gave me good service every time.
Beats99 is not bad too.I went there with some FM & gave good co-operation when AVR went bad.

Both are good dealers.I had got some stuffs from Alliance 4 & they gave me good service every time.
Beats99 is not bad too.I went there with some FM & gave good co-operation when AVR went bad.

Thanks... ProFx doesn't deals in wharfedale...

You suggest I could go ahead with beats99 and they will be able to get Denon as well as wharfedale serviced? Kindly suggest and If yes, then I will close with them.

Alliance 4 quoted 70k, designer audio quoted 68k. So it's either beats99 if the feedback is good for after sales service, else the shop it is...

Cheers, Anshum

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back