Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Thanks Rupam...
Before finalisation I will give one more thought on ms70?...
Which would be suitable blueray player with Yamaha 375

Rupam Thanks for the MS-100 post, I am planning to zero it down on this based on your review. But before I do it have one question.
I have Denon 1911, can I pair this speakers with Denon 1911.

Hello,

I just checked the price of the Denon X1000 (same as old 1713) +Wharfedale MS100 Combination

The Shop
X1000- 39,000
MS-100 - 44,000
Package: 74,000

The Designer Audio
MS-100 - 44,000

I have a query:
Does the MS100 come with brackets to install on the wall?

hey guys.. need your help to finalised my HT
I had almost finalised the Wharfy MS 100 with Yahmana 375 but then got a chance to listen JAMO 102 & 200, both are good but 200 is out of beget ( Max 60K).

so now confuse with MS 100 & jamo 102.
i got good demo of jamo 102 n i like it at beats 99 but not listen MS 100 with complete setup.
recently Soundtrack has open new shop in Viwana, thane but they suggest only high end system (they made me listen J200). but i would like to buy from them as they are next to my residence.

some says Jamo 102 is not enough for 12X18" living room with big window on highway side (loud trafic noice)...

what would be best choice among these two keeping service/beget/sound quality/over all life consideration & what would be best retailer to buy from in Mumbai...

Rupam and all, as you may know I have a separate thread requesting input for my maiden HTS setup. I went yesterday to the Home Theater Solutions on Bazullah road TNagar, nice swanky showroom. I wanted to demo the Boston Acoustics XS 5.1, but he did not have it in stock, hence he demoed the Magnat 5.1 package with the VSX 822, seemed nice, but the entire package cost goes above my budget.

I like the pioneer VSX 822 for its features, I plan to pair it with the BA XS 5.1, when I chanced upon this thread, I will try and demo the Wharfedale MS100, but am inclined towards the Xs5.1, cause they are 14k cheaper, and also one question I have is, do you think these speaker set will suffice for a 300 sq feet room?

transgressing a little..

Doe sit make nay difference if the DX1 or even the MS100 is UK made or made in China? as far as I understand, Wharfedale has its factory in China, so shouldn't make any difference.

But, experts please comment in case I have the wrong info.

transgressing a little..

Doe sit make nay difference if the DX1 or even the MS100 is UK made or made in China? as far as I understand, Wharfedale has its factory in China, so shouldn't make any difference.

But, experts please comment in case I have the wrong info.

No difference. Wharfedale does not compromise on quality.

MS 100 is better than Jamo 102.. more powerful.. Jamo is a Danish brand which is musical in nature & sounds best when paired with Marantz amplifier. I have checked lot of Jamos.. Its an expensive brand but I never felt like watching movies on it.. Very musical even when paired with Denon/Sherwood. You can go for MS 100 + latest Denon X500/1000 as front HDMI port in it is a bliss else Yamaha 373/75 is also good.

MS 100 is better than Jamo 102.. more powerful.. Jamo is a Danish brand which is musical in nature & sounds best when paired with Marantz amplifier. I have checked lot of Jamos.. Its an expensive brand but I never felt like watching movies on it.. Very musical even when paired with Denon/Sherwood. You can go for MS 100 + latest Denon X500/1000 as front HDMI port in it is a bliss else Yamaha 373/75 is also good.

thanks Sukhil...
unfortunatly i yet not got a good demo of MS100 so couldn't make my mind.
whary MS 70+ i hear n it was very good...but slighly bulky...
so search is going on....your inputs are always appreciable...
thanks one again

Thanks again for your reply. Now I'm more towards the DX-1 + VSX-822k. I'll grab them tomorrow and update you guys my thought of it. Perhaps I'll ask the salesman to show a demo first before purchasing them.

Anyway, what's with the "8ohms av recevier can't support 4ohms speaker impedance" thingy? I really can't brain that.

I was also hving similar doubts so here is ans:

Impedance ohms and their relevance to speakers and AV amplifiers | AVForums.com - UK Online

hope this helps...

Rupam and all, as you may know I have a separate thread requesting input for my maiden HTS setup. I went yesterday to the Home Theater Solutions on Bazullah road TNagar, nice swanky showroom. I wanted to demo the Boston Acoustics XS 5.1, but he did not have it in stock, hence he demoed the Magnat 5.1 package with the VSX 822, seemed nice, but the entire package cost goes above my budget.

I like the pioneer VSX 822 for its features, I plan to pair it with the BA XS 5.1, when I chanced upon this thread, I will try and demo the Wharfedale MS100, but am inclined towards the Xs5.1, cause they are 14k cheaper, and also one question I have is, do you think these speaker set will suffice for a 300 sq feet room?

Rupam and FMs, please help with these questions. Again you help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@GBS - Did you audition the Soundware XS 5.1 too? I checked out the RM6750 and the TL1600, found the former slightly better thought it had better bass, not sure if there is any difference between the 2, I was told the TL1600 has a down firing sub. The only issue with these sysetems is lack of bass for songs, some of my punjabi songs I played seem to sound better on my Z2300, again I am complete newbie to the world of HTS, so this is my personal opinion.

I am unable to audition the BA XS5.1 and the Wharfy MS series, the dealer has the DX1, and that is out of budget, leaning towards the Xs 5.1 + VSX 822, what about you guys?

Having auditioned all these, nothing beats the Magnat 5.1 series I auditioned, but then I guess its unfair to compare FS with these mini satelites.

Last edited:
Rupam and FMs, please help with these questions. Again you help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@GBS - Did you audition the Soundware XS 5.1 too? I checked out the RM6750 and the TL1600, found the former slightly better thought it had better bass, not sure if there is any difference between the 2, I was told the TL1600 has a down firing sub. The only issue with these sysetems is lack of bass for songs, some of my punjabi songs I played seem to sound better on my Z2300, again I am complete newbie to the world of HTS, so this is my personal opinion.

I am unable to audition the BA XS5.1 and the Wharfy MS series, the dealer has the DX1, and that is out of budget, leaning towards the Xs 5.1 + VSX 822, what about you guys?

Having auditioned all these, nothing beats the Magnat 5.1 series I auditioned, but then I guess its unfair to compare FS with these mini satelites.

I also felt that bass is not the strong point of Polk 5.1 speakers. Their subwoofer is no that good.
Boston Acoustics XS is good but if you can get Energy Micro RC , audition it.
Energy RC has better bass. But before taking decision do take audition of Wharfedale MS 100 HCP. It has amazing bass. But you need keep the subwoofer volume +4 db and subwoofer volume knob at 2 o'clock position.
I would advice you to go for Wharfedale MS 100 if Energy Micro RC is not available.

I also felt that bass is not the strong point of Polk 5.1 speakers. Their subwoofer is no that good.
Boston Acoustics XS is good but if you can get Energy Micro RC , audition it.
Energy RC has better bass. But before taking decision do take audition of Wharfedale MS 100 HCP. It has amazing bass. But you need keep the subwoofer volume +4 db and subwoofer volume knob at 2 o'clock position.
I would advice you to go for Wharfedale MS 100 if Energy Micro RC is not available.

Thanks for responding Rupam, the only issue with the MS 100 is that it is 14k more than the XS 5.1, is it really worth the extra 14k is the question?

Also, going tomorrow to check out the Onkyo S3500 and S5500, 7.1 in about 58k is tempting.

Guys,

I have finalised and settled for the DX1, though black finish (its too much of white in the living room of my home) and the Denon X1000 with it.

I have confirmed this to Alliance4 and the deal price is 85k. i was offered a 15% discount on both and further reduction of 1500 to settle at 85k.

For the Dx1 alone they are quoting 55k without installation & 58k with it.

Swapnil Shah one of our members and I were scouting high and low for a good deal, even thought and explored options to import from UK, which is very cheap but uncertainty if customs etc left us confused.

I am happy that its decided now and am waiting till end of next week for delivery of Dx1 with them.

Lets see..

Guys,

I have finalised and settled for the DX1, though black finish (its too much of white in the living room of my home) and the Denon X1000 with it.

I have confirmed this to Alliance4 and the deal price is 85k. i was offered a 15% discount on both and further reduction of 1500 to settle at 85k.

For the Dx1 alone they are quoting 55k without installation & 58k with it.

Swapnil Shah one of our members and I were scouting high and low for a good deal, even thought and explored options to import from UK, which is very cheap but uncertainty if customs etc left us confused.

I am happy that its decided now and am waiting till end of next week for delivery of Dx1 with them.

Lets see..

Congrats Ash on your purchase, can you share a few details on what speakers you auditioned and how you found em? I am particularly interested in the MS 100 / XS 5.1 / DX1 or any other that deserve a mention in similar range.

Congrats Ash on your purchase, can you share a few details on what speakers you auditioned and how you found em? I am particularly interested in the MS 100 / XS 5.1 / DX1 or any other that deserve a mention in similar range.

I auditioned the Tannoy HTS 101 and the Paradigm CT100. I like the Tannoy.

But when I heard the DX1 I found it better..

I asked for a lot of help and advise on the forum and people like @Rupam @Just4Kix and many others helped...

I haven't heard the MS100, But @Rupam has them and he is gaga about them, so you can safely say that they are good.

IMHO, The Dx1 sounds very good with the Denon, so finalised this pair.

I auditioned the Tannoy HTS 101 and the Paradigm CT100. I like the Tannoy.

But when I heard the DX1 I found it better..

I asked for a lot of help and advise on the forum and people like @Rupam @Just4Kix and many others helped...

I haven't heard the MS100, But @Rupam has them and he is gaga about them, so you can safely say that they are good.

IMHO, The Dx1 sounds very good with the Denon, so finalised this pair.

Thanks for the quick response, which system had the best bass amongst the ones you auditioned?

Rupam, your post makes me want to buy the same setup but it is pushing up my budget. My main requirement is :
I would use it to watch movies and cable TV mainly. Music / FM 10%. I would even be happy with HTIB but am not sure what to look for. I have a 20x11 L shaped room, TV wall 6 ft wide and 46" TV. I generally watch English movies (drama) with lot of focus on dialogues and am told this always comes from the center speaker. Since the distance from center speaker to seating area is quite a bit (about 17ft), I need something which will give me the required effect. One dealer suggested 7.1 system but another said 5.1 is good enough for this size but the sub should be around 250 watts if placed near Tv else place it near sitting area. Wiring is already done so I can't change that but is he right? So will the wharf 100 work for me if sub is placed that far?
I really need some good advice as I can not figure out what will work as i am not a gizmo freak or tech savvy and auditions don't give a real case scenario. And also don't want to end up spending a bomb and not have what i need.
Also what is a good place to buy from in Mumbai.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back