Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Hi

Sorry I am not aware about Bangalore dealers. I stay in Pune and I bought this system from Designer Audio Mumbai which is distributor of Wharfedale in India. He shipped it to Pune at no extra cost

My Denon AVR is also 6 - 8 Ohms. No Problem, but if you are using such a good receiver, then why not go for floorstanders ? Build you system slowly adding first two good floorstanders (Polk, Wharfedale, Boston) and a Centre channel.

Thanks Mr.Rupam
Can you suggest some good floor standers ,center in these 3 brands.budget for the 3 speakers is 30k

hi Rupam

what are the ideal settings. I can see below settings done by the YPAO
front left - 0.0 db
fromt right - -1.0 db
center - -2.0 db
surround left - -2.5 db
surround right - -2.5 db
subwoofer - i changed it manually to +5db as per your earlier recommendation.
I hv also set the crossover to max and volume to 3 o clock position.

please help.

hi Rupam

what are the ideal settings. I can see below settings done by the YPAO
front left - 0.0 db
fromt right - -1.0 db
center - -2.0 db
surround left - -2.5 db
surround right - -2.5 db
subwoofer - i changed it manually to +5db as per your earlier recommendation.
I hv also set the crossover to max and volume to 3 o clock position.

please help.

YPAO is nothing but a tool, it provides a good starting point. The results depends on the skills of personal tweaking. did you use multi-listening positions? You can set 3 angles and it gives a listing of different room setups to choose.After calibrating, you need to here and tune it to your own ears. I think you may need to turn up the centre by atleast 2 db. But it differs from speaker to speaker. I have adjusted it manually, I'm completely satisfied.

Ok If i want to go for a best FS,then what will your sugggestion within 50 K price range

There's lots of option. When choosing speakers you need to keep in mind which AVR you are going to pair with them. Because they must complement each other. I suggest you open a thread in speaker section. Here are some options > Floorstanding

But I suggest you to demo and pick the model names of the ones you like, then come back to this forum and give us a list. We can give better suggestion.

Here's some review > Tech2 : Speakers Speakers Reviews, News, Prices, Features and Specifications, Speakers INDIA

Hi Rupam,

Even I have bought these Wharfedales MS-100 although only the 5.0 setup. I am going to get a separate subwoofer. The MS-100 are 4 ohms. Do you have any problems in driving these speakers on high volume?

Also which receiver and subwoofer do you suggest to go with it? I have a budget of around 25-35K for the receiver and 25-30K for the subwoofer. For 4 ohms I am being told that I need a powerful receiver or the receiver would get damaged.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Hello Rupam,

Exactly this is what has been perplexing me for a while. Pairing 4 ohm speakers to a 6/8 ohm AVR would kill the AVR eventually AFAIK. And for this is reason, I am contemplating BA XS 5.1s over MS-100. Any advice from you will be highly appreciated.

I have been using a 8/8 ohm AVR for last 1.5 years with these speakers, I use 70% of my AVR volume. There should not be any problems as these are satellite speakers, even at 4 ohm they comsume less power than floorstander speaker.

Thanks Rupam. I have finally cornered down to two options- Wharfdale ms-100 or BA XS 5.1. Considering the lucrative deals on BA XS (23.5K @ HiFi Mart), which one would be a best pick in terms of SQ and VFM?

Hi Rupam,

I see you very active on hifivision.com. Also I see lot of people getting benefitted by your expert advice. I have seen several posts suggesting speakers. Some of those were in 2011 and 2012.

I have seen from your posts that you bought wharfedale MS 100. Had you not bought that, what would you have preferred now in 2014.

I have decided to buy
Yamaha 477 (since 475 is not available now)
Pioneer bdp 450

Speakers is what I am not able to decide. The following are some among which I am not able to decide
1. Wharfedale dx-1 - (price has increased to 67, otherwise this was my first choice.
But my budget Max 40k for speakers)
2. Wharfedale ms 100
3. Polk 6750 - I have auditioned it with Yamaha 477 and liked it as well
4. Boston s 5.1 - did not audition it yet.

I am not able to decide. Can you pls. help me in deciding. If we wait for some time is there any chance of dx-1 price to reduce.

Also, can you pls. let me comment on my decision on Yamaha 477 and pioneer bdp 450.

Thanks

Dear Sai, I would definitely recommend you Polk 6750 among those speakers. But whats the price ?
Wharfedale dx-1 is excellent but I don't see the point of their exorbitant pricing.
Polk 6750 with Denon AVR X500 combo is offered by profx at 61500/- which can be bargained. Here is the link Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

There is another option by Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS Home Theater Speaker Package which costs Rs. 38,900.00/- http://www.hifimart.com/boston-acoustics-a-2310hts-home-theater-speaker-package-269

But audition first with your choice of Bluray Disks and then take a decision.

Dear Rupam, I have been offered Yamaha 477 + polk 6750 for 69000 (AVR - 40000, speakers - 29000). What do you have to say about this.

I have auditioned this and liked as well. But after reading your several posts reg wharfedale I was thinking about audition that as well ( at least ms 100).

Similarly I am planning to audition Boston as well. BA A 2310 How is different from the famous BA xs 5.1 or BA s 5.1

Btw, what is your suggestion on Yamaha 477 and Pioneer bdp 450

Dear Sai, I would definitely recommend you Polk 6750 among those speakers. But whats the price ?

Would you like to recommend polk 6750 over wharfedale ms-100. At the time of your purchase you mentioned that you did not audition polk audio. More recently did you get a chance to audition polk 6750? Any reason why you are now preferring polk 6750 over your own wharfedale ms-100?

Would you like to recommend polk 6750 over wharfedale ms-100. At the time of your purchase you mentioned that you did not audition polk audio. More recently did you get a chance to audition polk 6750? Any reason why you are now preferring polk 6750 over your own wharfedale ms-100?

It's cool if you liked the combo of Polk + Yamaha. In my opinion since yamaha is little bright pairing a warm sounding speakers would be a get bet ( like wharfedale). Polks are considered to be bright sounding speakers but again it all depends on you only.You can even think of energy take classic 5.1 which are rated very high on performance. In BA HTS 2310 and energy you would probably get the natural crystal clear sound. one of the FM is really happy with HTS 2310 + Yamaha AVR.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back