Denon 1513 or 1713 with Wharfedale MS100

shaunik

Hello Memeber,

This is my first post and i am a newbie , planning to purchase my first HT at the end of the month that's when my bonus comes :)

I have shortlisted my options :

1) Denon 1513/1713+Wharfedale MS100
2) 1513/1713+ Wharfedale Moviestar 70+
3) 1513/1713 + Boston Acoustics soundware xs 5.1

I have demoed both the system with the MS 100 i didn't like the vocals otherwise the sound was great except the vocal there wasn't the clarity which i was expecting.

The moviestar 70+ i know this is an EOL product but still sounded sweet with the right vocal's however the looks turned me off .

This is for a bedroom so i dont know how to acoustics work there , I am leaning more towards the MS 100 since the demo was in a large room that's why probably it dint have the vocal effect which i was looking for.

I have also demoed the BA XS 5.1 system but that was in a very small room and the sound was effective but i am afraid if i put them in the bedroom they might not sound right + concerning the BA has the same design for center channel as well as satellite's.

Which would be the best purchase ? MS 100 , MS 70+ or BA XS 5.1?

Now for the AVR , i am leaning towards the 1713 considering it supports Audessey as well as ARC (Audio return channel) My setup is : Media Server (Plex) streaming to my LG 3D Smart TV (42LM7600) so i think ARC i would need since i can send the sound to the AVR with the HDMI rather than hooking up the TV and AVR with Optical.

Network features i am not to keen since the only major advantage is of Airplay considering i am into network it still sounds sweet and my house is completely wired with Cat6 , My TV is also connected with ethernet since i need to stream FULL HD from my plex so wifi was not a good option.

1513 price point other than that it is a very basic box.

Also can someone suggest me some prices as well as dealer's . I have gone to Bass n Treble at Mehrauli , thats the only one i know.

Thanks in advance ...:)

Regards,
Shaunik Wadhawan

I have Wharfedale MS 100 and vocal sound very clear to me. The Vocal is the main strong point in Wharfedale speakers. The main point is that you need to turn up the centre channel volume by +3 db on the receiver. What source are you using for Demo? Use only original Disks.

Here is my review > http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/35407-denon-1513-wharfedale-ms-100-speaker.html

Since you are going to need network feature, buy Denon 1713. 1513 is a bare basic model.

The satellites with the biggest mid-woofers should be the best in my opinion. Speakers are of 'listening' and 'sound quality' more, than just looks!

I am in the same dilemma..what price did he offered you??have you listned dx1also.if yes how does it sound compared to 70+. In terms of sq .

Go with the network feature..it's superb... I am enjoying it to the fullest on my AVR Yamaha RXV473.. you can control it from your android/ios device and can airplay the music.

You can also stream music from your NAS and no deterioration in SQ.

If you want looks + performance then go for DX-1. You can even take a look at Jamo S426 which has got fronts as FS. It's great on performance too.

Guys any thoughts about Boston Acoustics A2310 HTS? There is a very good discount on these and the specs look better than MS 100.

Thank you,
Rikhi

Don't remember but few days back someone paired it with Yamaha RXV-373 and he rated the combo higher than Denon+wharfe or Yamaha+wharfe combo.

What is the price of A2310 HTS after disc?

I have Wharfedale MS 100 and vocal sound very clear to me. The Vocal is the main strong point in Wharfedale speakers. The main point is that you need to turn up the centre channel volume by +3 db on the receiver. What source are you using for Demo? Use only original Disks.

Here is my review > http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/35407-denon-1513-wharfedale-ms-100-speaker.html

Since you are going to need network feature, buy Denon 1713. 1513 is a bare basic model.

Hi , I did see that post a few days back . I see that you didn't audition BA XS 5.1 since no one stocks them. I have heard them and they do sound good.

I am leaning more towards the Wharfedale but just wanted to know about the vocals. They demoed the 1713+Wharfedales +Transformers blu-ray (desert scene)

Are the wharfedale's good for a bedroom?

He is offering me about 60k with the 1713 which i think is a bit expensive. I am scheduled for a demo of DX-1 this month probably next week. If they blow me completely then i will have to increase my budget :( which is really tough.

Do you know any other dealer who has them?

The satellites with the biggest mid-woofers should be the best in my opinion. Speakers are of 'listening' and 'sound quality' more, than just looks!

Totally agree but the MS 70+ they had were in wood finish which were not good to look at also performance wise they were not exceptionally great...

Can someone shed on how boston acoustics XS 5.1 compete with the Wharfedale's MS 100? Also which would be a better combo ?

I had paid 39k for my DX1 in Feb this year & recently saw a post in the forum where someone paid 28k for the 1713. But these are in Mumbai.
Hifimart (online buy) itself sells the set for 69k & with the MS 100 for 59k.

Demo all & buy what sounds best to you.

boston acoustics XS 5.1 has lots of good reviews. But personally I found that the subwoofer of boston acoustics XS 5.1 is not better than Wharfedale MS 100 HCP, Wharfedale Subwoofer goes lower than Boston. also the wharfedale is much more musical than Boston. I would always choose MS 100. But if you want to get something more powerful then go for Tannoy HTS 101.

Don't remember but few days back someone paired it with Yamaha RXV-373 and he rated the combo higher than Denon+wharfe or Yamaha+wharfe combo.

What is the price of A2310 HTS after disc?

MRP - 49K
Discounted price - 38k

These are surely better than XS 5.1

I had paid 39k for my DX1 in Feb this year & recently saw a post in the forum where someone paid 28k for the 1713. But these are in Mumbai.
Hifimart (online buy) itself sells the set for 69k & with the MS 100 for 59k.

Demo all & buy what sounds best to you.

They are still offering around that price only , but the DX-1 with 1713 falls out of my budget . I can still think of DX-1 + 1513. But i would not want to compromise on the AVR...

boston acoustics XS 5.1 has lots of good reviews. But personally I found that the subwoofer of boston acoustics XS 5.1 is not better than Wharfedale MS 100 HCP, Wharfedale Subwoofer goes lower than Boston. also the wharfedale is much more musical than Boston. I would always choose MS 100. But if you want to get something more powerful then go for Tannoy HTS 101.

Ill demo the DX-1 and see how they perform , then i can narrow it down further. Howz your experience with MS-100 + 1513/1713 till date?

Also the 1713 has more watts/channel would that make any difference?

Howz your experience with MS-100 + 1513/1713 till date?

I'm completely satisfied with Wharfedale MS 100 HCP. BTW, this is not my first HT system. I had a Sony DAV SB 100 for last 6 years.

+/- 10 watt does not make any difference in Hifi equipment. The sound quality will be same in Denon 1513 and 1713 but the differential factor will be Audyssey setup. Its better to buy Denon 1713 because Audyssey will improve sound no doubt.

So I demoed the dx1 and they were great but working out the pricing it falls out of my budget
More or less fixed on the ms70+ and 1713 will pick it up next week . Does anyone else own ms70+ they can shed light whether its a good choice and how do the speakers perform . I would be installing it in a bedroom which is of medium size.

i hav listened dx1 and moviestar 70 + too as per my listning ..dx1 was nt that great whn compared the pruce diff between two

Back