Denon 1513 +Soundbar + PC

My pc configuration

Lg 27 inch 4k monitor

Sapphire R390 graphic card

Asus B450 e motherboard

Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar ( which has only hdmi arc port and spdif)

Since my xonar dx card is dead and new card is not in market, I planned to get this Denon 1513 receiver.. How do I connect all these instruments now? Will it support the soundbar?

Option 1: connect monitor with HDMI from GPU and optical out from mobo to Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar .
Option 2: connect monitor with HDMI from GPU and HDMI out from mobo to Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar .
If you get denon 1513 then its an all in one solution. HDMI from GPU to 1513 and HDMI out from 1513 to monitor. but you have to invest extra on speakers if you're not already having. hope you're not willing to connect polk magnifi to 1513.
This is what i understood from your question, correct me if i skipped anything.

Option 1: connect monitor with HDMI from GPU and optical out from mobo to Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar .
Option 2: connect monitor with HDMI from GPU and HDMI out from mobo to Polk Magnifi Mini Soundbar .
If you get denon 1513 then its an all in one solution. HDMI from GPU to 1513 and HDMI out from 1513 to monitor. but you have to invest extra on speakers if you're not already having. hope you're not willing to connect polk magnifi to 1513.
This is what i understood from your question, correct me if i skipped anything.

Thanks for immediate response..
Actually i had a xonar DX card with unixonar modded drivers, my Polk soundbar played with excellent sound quality through spdif port.
For some reason my xonar dx got damaged and now it is not available in Indian Market... So i decided to get a receiver and connect it to my soundbar , as the onboard motherboard does not decode dolby or dts and the volume is also very very low and unclear....

Thanks for immediate response..
Actually i had a xonar DX card with unixonar modded drivers, my Polk soundbar played with excellent sound quality through spdif port.
For some reason my xonar dx got damaged and now it is not available in Indian Market... So i decided to get a receiver and connect it to my soundbar , as the onboard motherboard does not decode dolby or dts and the volume is also very very low and unclear....
have you tried connecting mobo to polk through optical cable? Bitstream dolby/dts from pc and let Polk decode it.

If you're going to avr route, you hv to dump your polk magnifi. I think there can be some audio settings issue with ur pc otherwise optical connection from pc to polk should work fine.
But onboard audio is pathetic and the sound is very vry low.. It cannot encode ddl as well...
I think my only option is sound card, but it is not available in market anymore...

But onboard audio is pathetic and the sound is very vry low.. It cannot encode ddl as well...
I think my only option is sound card, but it is not available in market anymore...
If you bitstream audio from pc to polk via toslink or hdmi, onboard audio has nothing to do with it. All the decoding job will be done by polk magnifi.

If you bitstream audio from pc to polk via toslink or hdmi, onboard audio has nothing to do with it. All the decoding job will be done by polk magnifi.
Polk has got only one Hdmi Arc port.. And my motherboard has only Hdmi port..
And I am already connected the both through spdif.. But again the sound quality is disaster.. Tooo low even at full volume, tried all equalizers...

Polk has got only one Hdmi Arc port.. And my motherboard has only Hdmi port..
And I am already connected the both through spdif.. But again the sound quality is disaster.. Tooo low even at full volume, tried all equalizers...
Assuming use case for movies/music
Connect graphic card hdmi to monitor and mobo opt out to polk
Use kodi player for dd / dd+ video. Set audio passthrough for audio preferably with wasapi driver for opt port.
Use musicbee player for music with player as wasapi exclusive mode / ASIO drivers for opt out port.
This will completely bypass the onboard audio and the quality should b good.

Assuming use case for movies/music
Connect graphic card hdmi to monitor and mobo opt out to polk
Use kodi player for dd / dd+ video. Set audio passthrough for audio preferably with wasapi driver for opt port.
Use musicbee player for music with player as wasapi exclusive mode / ASIO drivers for opt out port.
This will completely bypass the onboard audio and the quality should b good.
Will it change audio quality on my youtube or other apps as well??

Will it change audio quality on my youtube or other apps as well??
For overall pc sound quality bypassing onboard audio, u need to install VB cable which creates virtual sound driver and combine with ASIO V2 and select it as default sound setup in audio

How do I connect it...
Let's say i get this device..
Where should the connections go?

I see you have mentioned you got Sapphire R390 graphic card on your PC, this has AMD TrueAudio Technology which mean the HDMI out on R390 should be carrying audio information along with video out. Can be easily tested by connecting video terminal with speaker i.e. LCD/LED.

Now if you decide to buy OREI HDA-925, you could connect R390 HDMI out ---> OREI HDMI in ---> OREI HDMI (ARC) --> Computer Monitor & HDMI (audio out) / Optical ---> Polk soundbar. So in this setup i don't see the need for Denon 1513.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back