Denon 1610 or 1910 with MA RS6 and Dali Ikon 6

Miany

Primary use will be music only. I am least bothered about 7.1 channel support and video upscaling options that 1910 provides over 1610. The only thing that worries me is the power rating though.

1910 - 125W x 7 channel (6 ohms)
1610 - 110 W X 5 channel (6 ohms)

MA RS6
Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 91dB
Nominal Impedance (Ohms) - 6
Power Handling RMS (W) - 120
Recommended amplifier requirements (R.M.S) Watts - 40-120

Dali Ikon 6
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]: 91,5
Nominal impedance [ohms]: 6
Power Handling RMS (W) - ???? (Not given)
Recommended amplifier power [W]: 25 - 150

Will i be able run these 2 speakers using 1610?? or do i need 1910?? i seriously dont want to spend money on the features of the receiver, which i am not going to use.

Please advice.

Hi:

So, you haven't bought anything as of now?

Both speakers are fine, but if you want only 'music', then why the AVR, why not integrated ?

:)

I am planning to upgrade to a decent Home theater setup in future. Thats why i need a decent 5.1 receiver with HDMI support.

so, what do u guys suggest? will my 1610 be able to driver both these speakers or do i need 1910??

Right, but its always better to have high watts on Amp than spk.
Both spk have max ratting as 150/120w. 1610 can drive them too,but 1910 will do it with ease & with better Dynamics.@ higher vol, sound will not distort with 1910.
1910 sounds marginally better than 1610(I heard both)

Miany, if you are serious about music and want to give Ht a second level., you should skip the Denons, Onkyos, etc. Look for 5.1 receivers from the likes of CA, NAD etc. They work on the basis of 'music first', and would give you the advantage of excellent music and very good sound for movies.

Cheers

Is there any AV receiver from marantz that i could check out?? Similar in 1610 price range - but with slightly more power?? i need HDMI inputs + 1080p passthrough.

Spirovious, the amp that u have mentioned is 50watts * 7. i dont think that is good enough for the mentioned speakers.

do u really think i cant live without 1610?? i will check out the CA and NAD options.

What r the models from CA and NAD that i can try out? I need 5.1 and HDMI inputs. Are there any models in the 1610 price range that i can check out? what about Marantz???

Or how about going for 1910 + Wharfedale 9.6. i really cant go for 1910 + RS6 or Ikon 6, since it will be way over my budget.

Or how about going for 1910 + Wharfedale 9.6. i really cant go for 1910 + RS6 or Ikon 6, since it will be way over my budget.

Dont worry abt Marantz rating as its 50w/ 8ohm, it is actually bigger than similarly rated Den,Yam or Onkyo.
It can be around 70w @ 6omh which can match with spk.
1910 goes good with Wharf.

Checked with Arn systems now - MA RS6 is no longer there:(. the new model is RX6 which is priced at 98K. This is way over my budget. So only option left is Dali Ikon 6 (which again is around 74K :( ).

i think i might go for Denon 1910 + Wharf 9.6. Any other speaker suggestions??

Checked with Arn systems now - MA RS6 is no longer there:(. the new model is RX6 which is priced at 98K. This is way over my budget. So only option left is Dali Ikon 6 (which again is around 74K :( ).

i think i might go for Denon 1910 + Wharf 9.6. Any other speaker suggestions??

Hi
Whom did you speak to in ARN Systems? We dont have the RS6 anymore, however there are options in Usher audio should you want to consider speakers from there - especially the X-718

USHER AUDIO

cheers
[email protected]

I talked to Mr.Ali there in Arn Systems. Regarding the X-718, I need a floorstander only :(. Is there any other floor-stander available from Dali in the price range of ~50K????

The same Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, NAD and blah blah blah ........ for AVR.

Man, take some risk and try out Pioneer, just as I have done. Check the specs of Pioneer VSX 519VK ..... it has got multizone facility too. Price I got it for was 20 K, but a little bit nego would now bring it to 17 K levels.

Give me some company here pal. Like I pointed out before in another thread, it seems I am the only 'goat' who has settled for Pioneer.

I had auditioned most of the 'big' names and have found mine in the same league.

Dali concepts, but they dont have the ribbon tweeters.

If you are willing to compromise slightly, I would point you to the direction of a complete 5.1 set from cambridge audio caled sirrocco. This sells for 45 with floor standers.

ca 5.1 - 45
1610 - 25
total - 70

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back