Denon 1611 Help!

Haren Asher

Hey!

Need help with the Denon 1611 setup.

I have connected the TV in the ARC hdmi in of the Amp. The Samsung LED32D550PRMXL is ARC compatible, and the hdmi cable is a 1.4 version with ARC capability.

Also connected Tata Sky HD, and Pioneer DVD 220K to the Amp via hdmi.

Am able to watch Tatasky and DVD through the Denon.

My problem is that my TV is a pretty good media player. Since i have a whole lot of movies all torrented. And normally all of them are BRRips filesize varying from 1.5 to 4gb. The TV can play mkv, avi, mp4, mpeg,divx, etc.

when i plug in the usb HDD to the tv, and play, i get only video and no audio. If the TV /Cable and Amp are ARC capable, shouldnt it play all audio through the Qacoustics? .

If not, then what to i need to do to get the Denon to play all of TV audio through the amp? .. Will buying and optic cable and connecting the TV and Amp with it help?

I did succeed in connecting a cable with, component L+R on one end and a 3.5mm jack on the other, to the Headphone out and got the Qs to play the TV audio. However, the audio is now controlled by TV (logically correct) and not the Amp.

Basically how do i get the Amp to process all sounds from the tv? ..

Thanks in advance for viewing, understanding and hopefully replying :D ..

Cheers!

If your tv has audio out (digital or analog) you can use that as input to Denon.

However you'll get to know if this works as desired only when you try it out. My Samsung TV has only analog out and also there is lag in sound coming from the audio out - so while I can use it for music - it is not a viable option for videos.

If your TV has digital out - borrow optical cable and try it out.

- Benny

@Haren,
Go to menu of your 1611 and change the HDMI preference from Amp>TV to TV>Amp.
To do this, go to HDMI control function, ensure that it is switched on and then, out of the two options (1. Amp & 2. TV), select Amp.
Since am not near the amp, don't remember the exact path inside the menu.

@others: The issue here is not how to get TV audio toplay through amp. The issue is how to get TV audio to play using ARC feature of HDMI without installing any additional cables.

@Haren,
Go to menu of your 1611 and change the HDMI preference from Amp>TV to TV>Amp.
To do this, go to HDMI control function, ensure that it is switched on and then, out of the two options (1. Amp & 2. TV), select Amp.
Since am not near the amp, don't remember the exact path inside the menu.

@others: The issue here is not how to get TV audio toplay through amp. The issue is how to get TV audio to play using ARC feature of HDMI without installing any additional cables.

Hey!

Thanks ..will try it tonight and let you know.

Do u have any idea how i can use the ARc feature to turn off the tv if i turn off the amp? the guide says its possible..but i have failed to have found the right setting for this!

Thanks again!

Hi!

I Bought a Belkin Optic Cable, and thats what finally worked. Now all sound from the TV is played through The Amp.

Chanign the Setting on HDMI control on the amp to "ON" just switches off the display...

Something wrong i am doing .. cant figure out what!!

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

Hi haren,
if u have connected the optical,go to tv menu select to tv speakers to external, it will work for uu..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back