denon 1612\1713 + polk tsi 400..suggestions needed

Also check Tannoy Mercury V4 FS they will cost around 30K, they are gr8 value for money.....and u can use your old speakers as surrounds and replace them in future.....

I seem to be getting no replies :(
I have one more question.. how good are the klipsh F-10 when paired with denon and where can i audition\buy the klipsh speakers in bangalore. Also if anyone knows can tell me its approximate pricing...

Thanks and please reply..:eek:

Cinebels @ pheonix market city , you can have this demo. However, This combo is best to avoid if you are looking for sound quality, not big sound.

AVR + Power Stereo Amplifier?

Are they both different kind of products?
Sorry I'm new to all this as well.

Abhi, did you check Denon 1913?

Also check Tannoy Mercury V4 FS they will cost around 30K, they are gr8 value for money.....and u can use your old speakers as surrounds and replace them in future.....

I actually auditioned Polk tsi 400 with denon 1612 yesterday at Profx and i was blown away, especially when I asked the technician to turn off the psw 125 subwoofer and i hardly noticed a difference.. :eek: I was offered this combo at a price of 52000.. How good a value is Tannoy now and how does this compare to the polk tsi.. Any place i can audition this in bangalore?

Denon 1612 has Sub woofer Pre outs...which is usually found on all receivers... What i meant was Line level Pre outs for all 7.1 channels so that you can add power amplifier later...

Marantz most of the current models are generally good for for both Music & Movies..Marantz SR 5xxx/6xxx series If you specifically ask...

For other brands, you can look @ wharfedale diamond 9.x/10.x series Affordable after Sonodyne... A Top of the line FS 10.7 will set you by 64K.. they have FS range from 40 - 65K... A center channel speaker alone will set you by 15K....

Then you have PSB speakers..Image T5/T6 FS speakers.. Around 55/75K resp... Not heard the price of PSB Image Center channel speaker...

Polk RTI series...Again a bunch of FS to choose from ranging from 40K - 60K...Center channel again 15 K..

Any international brand largest BS speaker range starts from a minimum of 20K..So if you are planning for a FS, then multiply the BS speaker price by approx 2 - 2.5 times...You will get an approx price.

If you search the forum with a specific speaker model, you will get the latest prices & contact details in that thread....

Try audition as many speakers as you can for your budget....Then you can pick which you liked/sounds best to you...

I had visited profx shop yesterday to have an audition of Denon 1312xp, they had a setup of denon 1612 with polk tl1600 package. This helped me compare these 2 one after another for a gang shooting scene from an old 80's movie. They were okay...i guess for the price 1312xp is grt value. However the tl1600 had only a marginal improvement over the denon and the only noticeable improvement was with the center channel where the voice was very crisp and clear, however i noticed very marginal improvement in bass over the denon speakers..
I then auditioned polk tsi 400 and i was blown away by its shear control of the mid and low bass along with good clarity. It was just right for my taste as the sound was rounded and not bright..Also i listened to this with out the subwoofer the second time and i was aww struck that there was hardly a difference..it was the FS doing all the job!! i was given a best price of 52k for the combo...

How good a deal is this?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I actually auditioned Polk tsi 400 with denon 1612 yesterday at Profx and i was blown away, especially when I asked the technician to turn off the psw 125 subwoofer and i hardly noticed a difference.. :eek: I was offered this combo at a price of 52000.. How good a value is Tannoy now and how does this compare to the polk tsi.. Any place i can audition this in bangalore?

Pro FX guy set this demo up for me last week. You really have to play with the AVR settings and different audio tracks to judge the Tsi. Good value buy under 30 K, and good build quality but you should only expect sound quality and performance for an entry level FS only. Base response is very poor with out PSW. Even the PSW adds an artificial base only. Mid range is bright even with Denon.

Pro FX guy set this demo up for me last week. You really have to play with the AVR settings and different audio tracks to judge the Tsi. Good value buy under 30 K, and good build quality but you should only expect sound quality and performance for an entry level FS only. Base response is very poor with out PSW. Even the PSW adds an artificial base only. Mid range is bright even with Denon.

Ok.. i will then have one more round of audition and listen more carefully..
Can you tell me which one you would suggest in and around the same price..?

Last edited:
Ok.. i will then have one more round of audition and listen more carefully..
Can you tell me which one you would suggest in and around the same price..?

For my Ears, Tannoy V4 FS soulder much better with Denon, around thes ame price tag (34 K)

I auditioned the Tannoy mercury v4 at ht store today and I must say its awesome! I am given a quote of 32 for v4 and 26 for 1612 I still hv bargaining to do as the main owner was not there.. now looking into the future considering I buy v4 which center and subwoofer will go with this best? Also what could be the best price for v4(any current or previous owners view appreciated) please do suggest.. :)

denon 1612+Sonus 1501 BS (10K) + Sonus C2401 (6k) +yamaha nse55+Astonia Audio PS-2000 Subwoofer.
I am using this package (but my sub is roarr 210) and I am completely satisfied.

I auditioned the Tannoy mercury v4 at ht store today and I must say its awesome! I am given a quote of 32 for v4 and 26 for 1612 I still hv bargaining to do as the main owner was not there.. now looking into the future considering I buy v4 which center and subwoofer will go with this best? Also what could be the best price for v4(any current or previous owners view appreciated) please do suggest.. :)

I got my V4 from htstore, Bangalore for 31K. You can meet Mr Lokesh he will give u the best deal possible......

Polk CS10 is good center, u can go with Mercury VC too.....about subwoofer u can go for roar 210, velodyne impact 10, polk psw 110, warf 150.....

Polk CS10 is good center, u can go with Mercury VC too.....about subwoofer u can go for roar 210, velodyne impact 10, polk psw 110, warf 150.....

Polk Tsi series has a very different acoustic signature than mercury v4, not sure will go together well (no audition experience with this combo). Velodyne impact 10 is entry level from velodyne. Personally I liked the entry level sub from paradigm. Psw 110 will be my last option for a sub

Polk Tsi series has a very different acoustic signature than mercury v4, not sure will go together well (no audition experience with this combo). Velodyne impact 10 is entry level from velodyne. Personally I liked the entry level sub from paradigm. Psw 110 will be my last option for a sub

exactly what i thought abt mixing polk with v4.. however i had auditioned the impact 10 and i would not really accept it to be entry level.. the v4 and impact 10 sounded perfect together..
i would like to know if u know anything about tannoy TS2.10 subwoofer? i hv seen a review stating it be the best in the price range and goes perfectly with v4.. however i dont know its pricing and availabity.. any inputs from anybody will be appreciated.. :)

I got myself the Denon 1612 and Tannoy mercury V4 FS :yahoo:
I need a sub now to get the full effect!! People please help by suggesting.. :)

many many congratulation....
one question while you auditioned...was the 1612 was powerful enough to drive the tannoy mercury V4 floorstanders......
thank you mate for information

many many congratulation....
one question while you auditioned...was the 1612 was powerful enough to drive the tannoy mercury V4 floorstanders......
thank you mate for information

Thank you so much :)
The 1612 is more than adequate for the V4 in fact its better than 1713 as its power is sacrificed for networking features according to Lokesh at ht store.. I had infact heard the v4 with 2113( pardon if number is wrong but tat series..) ans did not feel the 1612 to be anywhere near underpowered, I in fact for some odd reason felt the v4's sounded better with 1612 ( maybe m being partial ;) ) however 1612 is a very good receiver if u do not want networking features..

Last edited:
Have any of our friends heard the Klipsch F-10 tower speakers. Are they good for around 150 sq.ft. for movies as well as music? In which category do they fall i.e. bright or warm. Can we discount the Sub-woofer when playing these towers.

Will it be good to pair them with Denon 1612.

Have any of our friends heard the Klipsch F-10 tower speakers. Are they good for around 150 sq.ft. for movies as well as music? In which category do they fall i.e. bright or warm. Can we discount the Sub-woofer when playing these towers.

Will it be good to pair them with Denon 1612.

I have personally not heard the Klipsh F-10's but from my audition experience I can tell you one thing and that is No floor standers can reach the lows a subwoofer can.. this actually leaves a gap for movie watching if you only opt for floor standers..however for music it is more than enough :)
My Tannoy V4 is awesome for music from my experience.. :) Do audition these you will not be dissapointed trust me ;)

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back