denon 1612\1713 + polk tsi 400..suggestions needed

Experts please help me with choosing a subwoofer.. its really hard to find a ny good posts about subwoofers.. please help.. :eek:

Hi,
I recently purchased 5.1 package from Profx consisting of :-
Denon 1612
Front -tsi300
center - cs20
rear - tsi100
sub -psw110

For movies this setup rocks.Also some tweakings need to be done to the AVR settings(Pofx guys did set the xover to 100Hz but I found out that 80Hz is much more suitable for music)

To me Psw110 is doing a decent job at it's price range
Whe

Hi,
Denon 1612
Front -tsi300
center - cs20
rear - tsi100
sub -psw110

For movies this setup rocks.Also some tweakings need to be done to the AVR settings(Pofx guys did set the xover to 100Hz but I found out that 80Hz is much more suitable for music)

Whe

Total price for that package and how is the performance of the floor standers?

Where did you buy it from Kolkata ?

Last edited:
Hi,
Denon 1612
Front -tsi300
center - cs20
rear - tsi100
sub -psw110

Whe

To me the above setup was too bright.. also i heard this with psw125 and i felt it was totally underpowered..so 110 must be even more weak.. no offence but at that price maybe its a good buy :) However my budget for subwoofer is about 15k more than the 110 so please suggest in that range..

For guidelines.. i have auditioned Velodyne impact 10 and 12 and i liked the 10.. but i would prefer something as powerfull as the 12 but with the control and speed of the 10.. please help :)

is there no one to give me suggestions for a better subwoofer? experts your suggestions would be really appreciated and welcome.. :)

Try Sonodyne. :)

Read a lot of good reviews about it.

Other than that, there is no good option for less than 25k.

is there no one to give me suggestions for a better subwoofer? experts your suggestions would be really appreciated and welcome.. :)

You didn't specify your budget... Anyways

Few Sub woofers for 15 - 25K range...Now all these are indian..

Astonia Subwoofer (10")- 13K..a FM had bought this & posted a review here, you can get in touch with him for feedback...(He is from Bangalore).

Sonodyne Roar 108 (8"), 210 (10") , 2815 ( 2 x 8 ") & Studio Monitor Series SLF 200 (10") All between 15 - 25K...

Out of the above, if my budget was 25K, i would pick the Studio Monitor series SLF 200A which comes with remote control... & a small LCD display screen on Sub...

I am not aware of the prices of other brands....

You didn't specify your budget... Anyways

Few Sub woofers for 15 - 25K range...Now all these are indian..

Astonia Subwoofer (10")- 13K..a FM had bought this & posted a review here, you can get in touch with him for feedback...(He is from Bangalore).

Sonodyne Roar 108 (8"), 210 (10") , 2815 ( 2 x 8 ") & Studio Monitor Series SLF 200 (10") All between 15 - 25K...

Out of the above, if my budget was 25K, i would pick the Studio Monitor series SLF 200A which comes with remote control... & a small LCD display screen on Sub...

I am not aware of the prices of other brands....

OK.. Thanks for the info elangoas :)
I have a question.. what could be the max budget i should keep for a subwoofer to match the Tannoy V4.. i mean will the more expensive subs over power the V4??
Also how does the studio monitor compare to the Velodyne impact series?

Last edited:
OK.. Thanks for the info elangoas :)
I have a question.. what could be the max budget i should keep for a subwoofer to match the Tannoy V4.. i mean will the more expensive subs over power the V4??
Also how does the studio monitor compare to the Velodyne impact series?

For the HT purpose, it will not overpower your towers...But if you are using for stereo, you may need to check with others as am not using sub for a stereo...

BTW do you like to use a Sub for stereo ?

I haven't heard velodyne products...So no comparison of performance against studio monitor subwoofers...

For the HT purpose, it will not overpower your towers...But if you are using for stereo, you may need to check with others as am not using sub for a stereo...

BTW do you like to use a Sub for stereo ?

I haven't heard velodyne products...So no comparison of performance against studio monitor subwoofers...

yes I want to use the subwoofer in stereo mode for music as well.. but I believe that if the Su woofer is fast to react it should do good job with music also but the ones which might be fast are also way more powerful so wanted to know if there is something offering quality more than quantity..

I just came across the JBL ES250PWBK subwoofer.. Can anybody give me more inputs on this subwoofers performance, price and availability?

Thanks.

Hi gurus why No response..
I really need advice on subwoofers for a budget of 30k please help...
Also can the gurus guide me on how to choose a subwoofer...

Test the branded ones and select which sounds best to your ears.

Wharf , Polk, Velodyne, SVS, etc.

Can anybody tell me what would be the minimum budget for a high end sub and also suggest some subs at that price range.. Please help :|

HI Guys
Seems like i am getting no replies..
I have few questyions that need to be answered very quick so please please reply and help :)
My friend will be coming from US to India this december and i want him to carry a subwoofer for me :yahoo:
However i am not aware of the hidden expenses..(customs duty..):eek:
I really loved the Epik Empire subwoofer:eek:hyeah: and would like him to get that for me. I am not sure of the best price there but its MRP is 799$(hoping to get for lesser :) )
Now can someone please advice, its urgent
:signthankspin:

a sub is a very heavy item..have you considered that...air plane charges and customs etc etc...
and what exact subs ahave you demoed and in your area what are the possibilities to demo of different makes

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back