Denon 1912 or xx13

vishal_k

Few weeks ago, i've auditioned denon 1612 with polk audio tsi100 & tsi300. finalized tsi300 due to its thumping bass. when looked at the specifications of denon 1612 & 1912, now i am leaning more towards 1912. but later i came to know that denon is launching xx13 models very soon may be at the end of the month. now my question is, is it worth investing on 1912 or should i wait for 1913..?
Here is a link i am providing for denon 1913, its a cached page of denon.ca as denon has removed it, may be it'll be available after its official launch.

DENON CA | AVR-1913

as i am not into much detailed specification, please guys help me out to compare it with 1912 and any major changes or drawbacks of new models..

thanxx in advance

had a 1912 and TSi300 combo.... very good, but it can be bettered. I too liked the bass but not the treble... it was not the TSi300. the denon avr is a little sibilant.

Just buy the AVR for the sound quality and the need, dont buy a feature loaded avr which will turn out to be a wallet burner. You have to buy many more devices to test if all features are working or not. :rolleyes:

Thats right. Buy a clean sounding AMP rather than going for features. However, I would assume that Denon may introduce pre-out and video upscaling in the new range. What else could they possibly do ? I did not like the Denon 1912 and Tsi 400 combination (I had it for a couple of months) . It sounded way too warm. The receiver is too light to have any significant power supply.

Last edited:
Thanks aashish & kittu. Just one simple question denon 1612's 75w vs 1912's 95w, how much is the noticable difference in SQ when paired with tsi300.??

sunderpalanivel, saw your HK setup, that's really nice, but the problem is there's no dealer selling HK avr in my state and i don't wanna buy online without audition.
Guys any other avr in this price range..

Yeah thats fair enough. You need to hear it before buying. May be you could try audition in your near by city somewhere (if there are dealers ) ?

I do like HK, Dolby volume is very nice for watching TV and Movies. However for music I with off all processing.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back