Denon AVR - 1311 - Audyssey and System Set Up

sandeep27

Hi Folks,

I need to know what is Audyssey Setup is?

I have Denon avr 1311 paired up with Wharfedale Vardus tower speakers. How do i get started with this Audyssey setup on this Receiver?

I am sure it doesn't have the audyssey. I, in fact, wanted to buy this one but only because of this missing auto tuning feature, I stepped back.

Check here: Audio Technologies Producing Great Sound in Home Theaters - Audyssey | About Us

Well its not a constraint for me ...as i have set the speakers manually...well audyssey is just a calibration at the end what ever sounds good to ears is what we tune receiver for....

So i Believe that shouldn't have stopped you from picking this Receiver...just a opinion...

Well its not a constraint for me ...as i have set the speakers manually...well audyssey is just a calibration at the end what ever sounds good to ears is what we tune receiver for....

So i Believe that shouldn't have stopped you from picking this Receiver...just a opinion...
I agree and I sure can tune the system to the best of my likings but the idea that just the addition of the Audessey chip increased the price by 6K (from 1311 to 1611). There must be something really good about it.

Again, I've never bought myself an AVR before so was just playing cautious. You see you can't upgrade these things every now and then; its always wise to
plan cautiously.

I agree and I sure can tune the system to the best of my likings but the idea that just the addition of the Audessey chip increased the price by 6K (from 1311 to 1611). There must be something really good about it.

Again, I've never bought myself an AVR before so was just playing cautious. You see you can't upgrade these things every now and then; its always wise to
plan cautiously.

You are absolutely right in this regard. Even we tune the system to our liking...Audessey settings will be a good starting point for tuning. Thats what I felt with my 1910 while tuning first time.That extra 6K is well worth spending for Audessey.

i too thought what is aud seeitibg is. but i reaisle whast the seeting is after i done the setting. its worth.

Folks
Having used and set up a few AVRs by ear, the first time i experienced Audyssey was when i got myself a Denon AVR 1909. The Audyssesy set-up does make a difference, especially when one doesn't have access to a sophisticated pre-pro that can be tweaked endlessly to get better sound.
But if the AVR doesn't have Audyssey, just get out the measuring tape and a sound level meter (if you have access to one) and do the settings.
Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back