Denon or onkyo

toocoolamar

Hey all,
Please suggest me which one of the following would be a better choice.
Denon 1311 - 23k
Onkyo tx sr 308 - 18 k

Would be teaming them up with pioneer todoroki rs77 - 28k
Use 60% movies and 40% music

Which avr is rated better in terms of quality and performance..

IMO Denon low end models are better than low end models of Onkyo and Yamaha.

Try to get 1311 at 18k (many people bought or got quote at this price).
If possible try to get 1611 at 24k.

For movies Onkyo is also ok. You may audition 508 which is a 7.1 model. You may try to get 508 at 24k.

Have you decided on the speakers? It is better to decide on the speakers first then select AVR suitable for those speakers.

yea for speakers. i have decided pioneer todoroki rs77... that is 5 speakers and a sub. i got a quote for 28 for them.
Do you think i can get a better price for them aswell..
I like that model coz it had a certain punch to it and it was amazing for audio. played some songs through my iphone and i was really impressed.
Ill try and bargain for a better price for denon 1311.. coz i want to strictly keep the budget till 50k. thanx for the help

Hey all,
Please suggest me which one of the following would be a better choice.
Denon 1311 - 23k
Onkyo tx sr 308 - 18 k

Would be teaming them up with pioneer todoroki rs77 - 28k
Use 60% movies and 40% music

Which avr is rated better in terms of quality and performance..

pro-fx is offering 1311 @18k:)

awesome... ill check if i can get that offer in delhi aswell..

Try whether you can get Denon 1611 for 23K. The price now is appx. 24K. This AVR is better than denon 1311. It has features like analog upconversion, OSD, audyssey MultEQ etc.

thanx.. ill try adnd get them to go down.. What do you guys think about pioneer vsx-520-k teamed up with pioneer todoroki.. i am getting that amplifier for 24.5k... do u think the price is good?

Pioneer VSX-520K is replaced by 521. So the prices now should be lower than 24.5K. Try to get a better quote. I would recommend Denon 1611 over pioneer 520.

As HTUser said lower model denons are better than onkyos or yamahas. I had demoed long time back in '04 and had found that denons produce more clarity, punch, transparency, soundstage. Yamaha was bloated, inaccurate but had many other features (that I did not require). Onkyo was better than yamaha in some areas. These amps/receivers were not strictly for music. You can look out for marantz, rotel, arcam to name a few if you are into music

i would be more into movies. like 60% movies and 40% music. i love my action flicks. so after all ur reviews and comments i will stick with denon as my avr. now mission speakers begin. coz i was thinking about pioneer todoroki. but got bad reviews from here...
i have auditioned jbl cs460. getting this for 45k along with denon 1311
and polk rm6750 with denon 1311 for 49k
onkyo tx sr 308 with onkyo 728 for 43k.
do u think these r good quotes.?

Off the shelf means, Go, Look, Pay and Carry... :)

Talk to ProFX showroom guys in Delhi, if nogo, let me know what you need, will connect you.

Off the shelf means, Go, Look, Pay and Carry... :)

Talk to ProFX showroom guys in Delhi, if nogo, let me know what you need, will connect you.

Hey dude... thanx alot.. there is a showroom in metropolitan mall ggn.. will go there over the weekend.. ill ask them.. will keep u updated if i need help..

Denon 1611 is a good receiver. I am using this AVR with Polk RM6750 for past 6 months. I am fully satisfied with its performance. The prices have come down since arrival of 2012 models. Grab it now, you'll never regret.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back