DENON Owners thread

Thanks for clarification

Yes AC infinity is one i had been planning for long time. Just waiting for someone ready to bring it in.
Interim solution - should i use a standing fan to blow air out? I do has a small a/c exhaust fan on backside of cabinet. But it is noisy so is mostly kept shut off.

Coming back to my other query, how to measure temperature of AVR. And what are normal safe temperatures.
Can something like this be used. Where would probe need to be placed?
Mini LCD digital thermometer
I haven’t like ever tried measuring the avr temperature. Avr running hot is fine but it needs ventilation. If the fan is efficient you can use it. The Ac infinity usb fans are available in amazon but at thrice they cost and I got two pairs of them. They took a month to be delivered

Thanks for clarification

Yes AC infinity is one i had been planning for long time. Just waiting for someone ready to bring it in.
Interim solution - should i use a standing fan to blow air out? I do has a small a/c exhaust fan on backside of cabinet. But it is noisy so is mostly kept shut off.

Coming back to my other query, how to measure temperature of AVR. And what are normal safe temperatures.
Can something like this be used. Where would probe need to be placed?
Mini LCD digital thermometer
1. You can use a Laptop cooling pad to blow air out.
2. No fixed temperature as such. If it is too Hot to touch, then it is very hot, else it's normal. Just make sure it has good ventilation all around and it will survive.

MaSh

1. You can use a Laptop cooling pad to blow air out.
2. No fixed temperature as such. If it is too Hot to touch, then it is very hot, else it's normal. Just make sure it has good ventilation all around and it will survive.

MaSh
Using Laptop cooling pad only. It comes with 4 fans and sort of completely occupies top of AVR.
Tried without fan and avr top was hotter though not untouchable hot. With cooling pad its much cooler to touch.

One more query on cooling. AVR is kept inside cabinet. Open only in front and back side there are few large size cuts for wires and ventilation.
I have kept existing laptop cooler(which was using with older receiver) with 4 fans on top of Denon x2700 . Is this sufficient or further cooling is required. On touching , body of AVR is not hot but how can i check what is the temperature reading of AVR?
Don't worry, in my experience 1600H/2600H doesn't get too hot even with prolonged usage. I assume X2700H will behave similarly if not better. Just keep the cabinet doors open when you use the AVR and you should be good.

Since the cabin is closed on the top (correct me if I am wrong) and hot air travels upward, the cooling fan will end up circulating the hot air back to the AVR causing more rise in temperature than lowering it.

PS:- Most of the AVR comes with temperature sensors, and will shutdown automatically in case of over heating.

Edit :- Official Recommendation

Last edited:
Don't worry, in my experience 1600H/2600H doesn't get too hot even with prolonged usage. I assume X2700H will behave similarly if not better. Just keep the cabinet doors open when you use the AVR and you should be good.

Since the cabin is closed on the top (correct me if I am wrong) and hot air travels upward, the cooling fan will end up circulating the hot air back to the AVR causing more rise in temperature than lowering it.

PS:- Most of the AVR comes with temperature sensors, and will shutdown automatically in case of over heating.

Edit :- Official Recommendation
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope i should be good than. There is no door in front so its always open.
Yes closed on top and all other side except some small cutouts at back for wires.

If one is OK with "Echo mode on", AVR will run less hotter.
Running it mostly in ECO mode only for normal usage. Only turning eco mode off when watching something with better audios.

My Denon x2600h goes into a mute mode every 15 to 20 min need to unmute to continue watching , very irritating , tried changing Hdmi cables , Network reset and all still same , tried all HDMI inputs , any suggestions? Tks

Dear Denon owners,
I am Planning to get a 3700h to replace my aging marantz 6009. I can get a marantz 6015 for 10k more, however I feel my current 6009 is too laid back with my M&K 950 speakers. Will I hear a little more forward/exciting sound with the Denon? Secondly are the HDMI board issues something to be concerned about? I am being offered a 1 year warranty.
On the flip side the Marantz has served me without any issues, so for 10k more if the HDMI board is going to be an issue in the Denon, then I prefer to stick to Marantz. Please advise.
Cheers,
Sid

Dear Denon owners,
I am Planning to get a 3700h to replace my aging marantz 6009. I can get a marantz 6015 for 10k more, however I feel my current 6009 is too laid back with my M&K 950 speakers. Will I hear a little more forward/exciting sound with the Denon? Secondly are the HDMI board issues something to be concerned about? I am being offered a 1 year warranty.
On the flip side the Marantz has served me without any issues, so for 10k more if the HDMI board is going to be an issue in the Denon, then I prefer to stick to Marantz. Please advise.
Cheers,
Sid
At What cost did you get 3700 and 6015? I am in same boat.... Only difference is this is my first setup.... Also Want to know that hdmi 2.1/120hz issue is fixed for all new purchase? What is date of manufacturing you are getting of this?

At What cost did you get 3700 and 6015? I am in same boat.... Only difference is this is my first setup.... Also Want to know that hdmi 2.1/120hz issue is fixed for all new purchase? What is date of manufacturing you are getting of this?
Issue with HDMI 2.1/120hz is not fixed for last year's model. But in other countries they are offering an external adopter free of cost to address this issue.

My Denon x2600h goes into a mute mode every 15 to 20 min need to unmute to continue watching , very irritating , tried changing Hdmi cables , Network reset and all still same , tried all HDMI inputs , any suggestions? Tks

Check if CEC is turned on, this can cause it to handle abruptly.

I got a quote of 1.25 vs 1.35. Regarding the hdmi issue, I have asked the dealer if they are supplying the adapters which is the supposed remedy for this from D&M provided the model no. mfg. is of older date.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
My Denon x2400 is not resetting using the usual ie. power shutdown from the receiver followed by simultaneous pressing of Power and Tuner + - buttons on the receiver till initializing pops on the screen. Anything that can be done .

Dear Denon owners,
Cheers,
Sid

Hi

All depends on what kind of sound signature you want. For me I am used to a Marantz and would need to be totally convinced that another brand AVR can better the SQ.

By laid back I assume you are referring to power output? If yes after audyssey setup, you can manually tweak speaker levels by 1db for each channel and check!

Audyssey sets conservative levels, so you still have room to tweak and get full potential of the AVR!

In terms of HDMI boards, although Denon n Marantz are made by same company, in most cases, I have read and heard of Denon HDMI boards going kaput....this could be due to electric current thru HDMI cables or power surges etc. All this depends from region to region and also quality of parts used vary from model to model.

I stay in a small place and honestly a NR series of Marantz is more than enough for me. I use a SR series (60xx) as I like the SQ, HDAM circuit power and Audyssey version. After setup I keep my settings on FLAT and not Reference. Try and see if you really need to switch the brand.

If you really are tired of the Marantz SQ then possibly look at Denon or even consider Pioneer Elite series (higher models with advanced MCAA) and also Yamaha Aventage series.

All the best....read reviews, see some videos over Youtube before investing ..

Hi

By laid back I assume you are referring to power output? If yes after audyssey setup, you can manually tweak speaker levels by 1db for each channel and check!
Actually no, by laid back I am referring to a very neutral tonality, which when combined with the inherent neutrality of my M&K speakers creates a very relaxed presentation . I was told that the new denons may have a bit more forward presentation that will add more excitement.
Cheers,
Sid

Can we switch on Denon x1500h in remote or each time we need to switch on the power button in the receiver after switching on the plug.

Can we switch on Denon x1500h in remote or each time we need to switch on the power button in the receiver after switching on the plug.
if the receiver is plugged into power, you can use the remote to switch it on. I can confirm that this works with X1400H should be the same with x1500H.

Hello guys,

I am facing a weird issue with my Denon 3400.It plays everything well but when I try to switch on fan or some light. Their is sound loss for fraction of seconds. The receiver stays on and their is no clipping but the sound goes away. This happens intermittently (2 out of 10 times)

Following are the steps I tried to figure our the root cause but all in vain -

1. Tried connecting my receiver to 15Amp plug - No change
  2. Tried connecting my receiver to MCB directly(with the help of electrician) - No change
  3. Tried using a spare V Guard stabalizer - Still no change
So all these 3 points proves that there is no issue with wiring.It leaves out 2 possibility - their is problem with my flat or their is some problem with amplifier.

Did anyone face similar issue? What can be the root cause? Please help .It is not a big problem but it is still driving me crazy.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back