DENON Owners thread

Hello guys,

I am facing a weird issue with my Denon 3400.It plays everything well but when I try to switch on fan or some light. Their is sound loss for fraction of seconds. The receiver stays on and their is no clipping but the sound goes away. This happens intermittently (2 out of 10 times)

Following are the steps I tried to figure our the root cause but all in vain -

1. Tried connecting my receiver to 15Amp plug - No change
  2. Tried connecting my receiver to MCB directly(with the help of electrician) - No change
  3. Tried using a spare V Guard stabalizer - Still no change
So all these 3 points proves that there is no issue with wiring.It leaves out 2 possibility - their is problem with my flat or their is some problem with amplifier.

Did anyone face similar issue? What can be the root cause? Please help .It is not a big problem but it is still driving me crazy.
Strangely, while typing it clicked me that their is no fault in amplifier. It is my tv , not sending signal properly. I tried playing song via airplay and their is no issue.

Now I have to figure out why my old TV is behaving like this, even on stabilizer.

I am facing a weird issue with my Denon 3400.It plays everything well but when I try to switch on fan or some light. Their is sound loss for fraction of seconds. The receiver stays on and their is no clipping but the sound goes away. This happens intermittently (2 out of 10 times)
This happens with Marantz AVR too.Digital connections (wired) like HDMI, Coaxial do suffer sometimes that way.

This happens with Marantz AVR too.Digital connections (wired) like HDMI, Coaxial do suffer sometimes that way.
Is there any solution for this? I tried stabalizer,changing hdmi cable but nothing is working. I am going to upgrade my tv in Diwali and hoping new gen TVs can handle this.

Is there any solution for this? I tried stabalizer,changing hdmi cable but nothing is working. I am going to upgrade my tv in Diwali and hoping new gen TVs can handle this.
It wasn't the case when l had Yamaha AVR. Solution may not be there.

Hello guys,

2. Tried connecting my receiver to MCB directly(with the help of electrician) - No change
So all these 3 points proves that there is no issue with wiring.It leaves out 2 possibility - their is problem with my flat or their is some problem with amplifier.

Did anyone face similar issue? What can be the root cause? Please help .It is not a big problem but it is still driving me crazy.
May be Problem with flat electric earthing or voltage

May be Problem with flat electric earthing or voltage

Nope, I tried playing the same content from MI Box 4K. There is no issue with amplifier or electricity. Sound is coming perfectly fine. TV is also connected to stabalizer .Seems like TV is the problem

Hi All,
I have an issue with my Denon X1600H.

Here is my connection setup:
I have connected the HDMI OUT to my LG TV ARC IN and I have connected my dell laptop HDMI OUT to Denon media player HDMI IN. I have
disabled auto detect HDMI inputs from settings.

My problem happens when I am listening to some audio from my laptop and TV is switched on. Not sure what happens but audio switched to TV audio automatically. not even if I deselect HDMI ARC from my TV and select media player again in denon, the sound does not come back. I have to disconnect TV HDMI and switch off/on denon receiver again. Sometimes, the audio flips between laptop speaker, then to receiver and then to TV but it eventually triggers the TV audio to HDMI ARC mode.

I am not sure how to go about in solving this peculiar issue. maybe I am using the connections incorrectly or some setting needs to be made for it to work properly. Would ready appreciate suggestions/advice on this issue from knowledgeable members.

Thanks

I am not sure how to go about in solving this peculiar issue. maybe I am using the connections incorrectly or some setting needs to be made for it to work properly.

Make sure with Denon settings that you have selected HDMI audio as AMP.

Why not connect the laptop to an hdmi on the TV? Looks like a conflict of the hdmi connection. Is there something like hdmi control in the TV which could be fighting to take control? I'd say try connecting laptop to tv.

MaSh

thanks for the responses. I did not find how to set HDMI audio as amp. I did however did set HDMI control function under Video to OFF and also turned off ARC. TV audio switching is already off.
There are two reason why I have both systems connection to the receiver. 1) Denon is sort of in middle of TV and my laptop in terms of distance of HDMI cable. 2) there are times when TV is running with something else and I am using receiver for my own listening.

Will check in morning if it worked or not.

Hello guys,

I don't have this TV, but from my experience with other TV. Disable CEC on your TV and or ability to power on through CEC.

Check this
Thanks for the response. I have set HDMI Audio Out to AVR, HDMI control off, ARC off. Switching ARC off seems to have stopped TV audio from getting triggered, but on the other hand it does not switch to TV audio even when specifically select it. For now I will use ARC off and will try to enable it once I want to listen to TV audio.

Is there any special setting in the AVR (3600) for night viewing? I still want to hear all the dynamics but at low volume. Im having to increase the volume now and disturbing others.

Is there any special setting in the AVR (3600) for night viewing? I still want to hear all the dynamics but at low volume. Im having to increase the volume now and disturbing others.
Dynamic eq is the feature that is meant for this. Coming to dynamics it depends on each individual preference. Some want it very dynamic and listen at high volume levels and some prefer the other way around.

Set the Dynamic Volume to Light for night viewing, but it comes with a compromise on Dynamic range.

Hi All,
I am come across an issue with my X1600H. I have connected by laptop to media player HDMI IN. I was just listening to some music when I observed that there was no sound coming from center channel. I downloaded a sound test file for 5.1 channel and played it, that worked fine.
But when I play any movie or song, the sound is not coming from the speaker. I even tried to check test tone level, I can hear the sound then as well.

Will test the same from TV audio tomorrow.

Please let me know what I should be checking here to resolve this issue. I am expecting that receiver will upscale even stereo source to 5.1 channel audio.

Thanks

Hi All,
I am come across an issue with my X1600H. I have connected by laptop to media player HDMI IN. I was just listening to some music when I observed that there was no sound coming from center channel. I downloaded a sound test file for 5.1 channel and played it, that worked fine.
But when I play any movie or song, the sound is not coming from the speaker. I even tried to check test tone level, I can hear the sound then as well.

Will test the same from TV audio tomorrow.

Please let me know what I should be checking here to resolve this issue. I am expecting that receiver will upscale even stereo source to 5.1 channel audio.

Thanks
The song most probably is 2 channel stereo. All stereo content will play out of front speakers and sub only. Center channel will sing only if there is a center channel signal in the content being played.

What does the receiver's display show?

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back