DENON Owners thread

Thanks for the response. I tested the audio with TV, center works. A bit relieved that nothing is broken or failed.
Now I would like to find the root cause for the media player audio.

When I play system audio, receiver display is showing multi channel IN, would that mean that unless audio is already upscaled to 5.1 channel, I would only be playing 2.1 channel?

Is there any workaround that I should try ?

Select DTS - Neural X sound mode from the music menu of the AVR - you may hear upmixed sound from more speakers.
The 'multichannel in' is displayed because your laptop sound output is set to 7.1 - this does not mean the output sound is upmixed.

Try the info button in remote and see the output channels activated.
You can also check in Denon avr app without switch on the TV.

think you are getting stereo output

@neogen hows your new x2700h? I read that 2020 hdmi 2.1 AVRs can’t do 4K 120fps? any other issue or minor annoyance you’re experiencing?

I’m looking for 5.1.2 hdmi 2.1 AVR with Dolby vision support. Were there other models/brands you considered?

@neogen hows your new x2700h? I read that 2020 hdmi 2.1 AVRs can’t do 4K 120fps? any other issue or minor annoyance you’re experiencing?

I’m looking for 5.1.2 hdmi 2.1 AVR with Dolby vision support. Were there other models/brands you considered?
I have to yet fully exploit the AVR, still running 5.1. Overall, its been a good journey. 4K 120fps is not something that I am way to concerned about. Overall, a bit too early to comment on any annoyance or any issue.

I did consider Yamaha V6A, its a bit cheaper than X2700H, however its not available anywhere.

I have placed order for 8500h, I would be receiving it in a day or two.

I have both 5A and 15A circuits where the unit would be placed. 5A is connected to a 5.2kva Luminous inverter and 15A is a direct feed.

Is 15A circuit mandatory to run 8500h? I am concerned about directly connecting it to unprotected mainline. My locality sees wild fluctuations, sometimes we even get 440v.

Any recommendations (electrical aspects) on what I should do to protect my unit and to get the best out of it.

What capacity stabilizer I should use and any recommendations on the brand.

Also I saw a Audioholics review that said it needs 20A circuit. What's the difference between 15A and 20A. I know the latter can take more load but my question is what determines if it's a 15A or 20A i.e. what should I do to make it 20A circuit.

Sorry for my asking too many questions. I sufferred significant losses due to voltage fluctuations in the recent past. So I want to play safe this time.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I have placed order for 8500h, I would be receiving it in a day or two.

I have both 5A and 15A circuits where the unit would be placed. 5A is connected to a 5.2kva Luminous inverter and 15A is a direct feed.

Is 15A circuit mandatory to run 8500h? I am concerned about directly connecting it to unprotected mainline. My locality sees wild fluctuations, sometimes we even get 440v.

Any recommendations (electrical aspects) on what I should do to protect my unit and to get the best out of it.

What capacity stabilizer I should use and any recommendations on the brand.

Also I saw a Audioholics review that said it needs 20A circuit. What's the difference between 15A and 20A. I know the latter can take more load but my question is what determines if it's a 15A or 20A i.e. what should I do to make it 20A circuit.

Sorry for my asking too many questions. I sufferred significant losses due to voltage fluctuations in the recent past. So I want to play safe this time.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I think all you have to do is replace the 15A rated MCB switch with a 20A MCB switch. That’s what I did when I installed a 5kv vertex and changed the socket in my HT room to 15A from 5A.Wow 8500h congrats that’s a best of an avr.

I think all you have to do is replace the 15A rated MCB switch with a 20A MCB switch. That’s what I did when I installed a 5kv vertex and changed the socket in my HT room to 15A from 5A.Wow 8500h congrats that’s a best of an avr.
Thank you. I resisted the upgrade urge for nearly two years but couldn't any longer. So went for it.

Thank you. I resisted the upgrade urge for nearly two years but couldn't any longer. So went for it.
Welcome. Well 2 years is long and good that you didn’t hold any further. Regarding protection I use Denon 4500 and just use a vertex servo Stabilizer designed for audio. So far haven’t faced any issues and it’s a popular product among forum members. It provides very clean and stable voltage. It also has high and low cut off meaning at the event of high or low voltage it will shut down protecting the gears. Also you can set the cut of values and it has a 10 second delay before all the gears connected to it are powered so in that 10 seconds also if there is any low or high voltage it will not turn on

Welcome. Well 2 years is long and good that you didn’t hold any further. Regarding protection I use Denon 4500 and just use a vertex servo Stabilizer designed for audio. So far haven’t faced any issues and it’s a popular product among forum members. It provides very clean and stable voltage. It also has high and low cut off meaning at the event of high or low voltage it will shut down protecting the gears. Also you can set the cut of values and it has a 10 second delay before all the gears connected to it are powered so in that 10 seconds also if there is any low or high voltage it will not turn on
I checked the circuit panel, the CB that feeds 15A plug is rated for 20A. So I think that part is covered.

8550h is rated at 900W. I have two BIC PL200ii Subs and each one is rated for 200W. So the total load would be 1300W. Would it be ok if I get a 5kva servo and connect all three units to the same socket through the stabilizer? or is it advisable to connect Subs and AVR to separate circuits.

I have the necessary wiring for another 15A socket, currently it is connected to the 5A. I can get it changed to 15A but then I would need another stabilizer. Cost is not a problem but my better half wouldn't be happy with me piling up stuff.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for power related stuff. Posting it here because I think I can get relevant answers in this thread as many FMs would have gone through the same.

Thanks. It seems a 20A MCB is good for ~16A load. So when you say you installed a 20A rated MCB I assume you are referring to the peak rating of MCB switch, not it's actual load capacity. I suppose an AVR wouldn't put such a high load (i.e. load >16A).

I checked the circuit panel, the CB that feeds 15A plug is rated for 20A. So I think that part is covered.

8550h is rated at 900W. I have two BIC PL200ii Subs and each one is rated for 200W. So the total load would be 1300W. Would it be ok if I get a 5kva servo and connect all three units to the same socket through the stabilizer? or is it advisable to connect Subs and AVR to separate circuits.

I have the necessary wiring for another 15A socket, currently it is connected to the 5A. I can get it changed to 15A but then I would need another stabilizer. Cost is not a problem but my better half wouldn't be happy with me piling up stuff.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for power related stuff. Posting it here because I think I can get relevant answers in this thread as many FMs would have gone through the same.
Don’t calculate maximum load. Real world usage will be much less and won’t cross 50%. 3kv vertex is more then sufficient.
Thanks. It seems a 20A MCB is good for ~16A load. So when you say you installed a 20A rated MCB I assume you are referring to the peak rating of MCB switch, not it's actual load capacity. I suppose an AVR wouldn't put such a high load (i.e. load >16A).
The switch is rated to 20A.

Thanks. May I know from where did you source Vertex servo. I couldn't find a reputable online source.
Vertex is a Chennai based company.They will ship to blore and many blore fm’s also use it.

Vertex is a Chennai based company.They will ship to blore and many blore fm’s also use it.

Thanks. I saw that one but couldn't find a buy option. I was hoping for a Amazon like online buy. I think amazon spoilt me. Got the their Bangalore contact number from FM fLUX.

Thanks. I saw that one but couldn't find a buy option. I was hoping for a Amazon like online buy. I think amazon spoilt me. Got the their Bangalore contact number from FM fLUX.
Since you have the contact you can get all the details. They have a pdf with all the technical details on the product which I lost so can’t share.

Spoke to the Vertex contact to explore the options. I intend to go with the 60kva 3 phase stabilizer for the whole house as power fluctuation is a major problem in my area.

He said individual stabilizers would not be required in that case, only "extension with RFI EMI Filter" is sufficient. But not really sure what that means.

Spoke to the Vertex contact to explore the options. I intend to go with the 60kva 3 phase stabilizer for the whole house as power fluctuation is a major problem in my area.

He said individual stabilizers would not be required in that case, only "extension with RFI EMI Filter" is sufficient. But not really sure what that means.
What he meant was since you are going to have the whole house connected with a servo stabilizer there is no need to go for the audio model which i suggested. You only need power conditioning for your gears in this scenario

What he meant was since you are going to have the whole house connected with a servo stabilizer there is no need to go for the audio model which i suggested. You only need power conditioning for your gears in this scenario
Yes, I understood the bit that I don't need individual stabilizers. I was referring to RFI EMI filter part. Now I understand that it is power conditioning. I assume it is an optional item to increase performance. Would not having it harm the AVR?

Yes, I understood the bit that I don't need individual stabilizers. I was referring to RFI EMI filter part. Now I understand that it is power conditioning. I assume it is an optional item to increase performance. Would not having it harm the AVR?
If the vertex that you are installing for your entire home has all the safety features then most probably your gears are safe. Stable voltage and low,high voltage cut off is sufficient for protection. Only doubt i have is if it will be enough for power surge or lightning.My case that's all i have and so far no issues for 6 years. Before i got the vertex i used a yamaha avr connected to an online ups with no voltage stabilizer and it worked without any issues for 3 years and then i hooked my denon 2400 to a v gaurd for a year and then my 4500 as well. Later on i realized v gaurd is not sufficient and i moved to vertex. My location isnt perfect and has frequent power cuts, Low/High voltage and lightning strikes and luckily i have not had any issues. But if you are very paranoid then you can invest in a product like Rontek which is a power conditioner with surge protection. It also has cut off features and individual circuit bank. Please continue the conversation in this thread which has few points covered regarding protection

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back