DENON Owners thread

Have x1200w , been out for work for sometime , from yesterday i have this weird issue like

1. Dimming of dark flicker when the sound plays..
2. Occasionally there is a blackout of video , audio plays fine , then it returns back

I even updated the avr , where is the problem , my setup is in my signature..
Looks like HDMI cable issue or particular video file playback.

hi.
I am trying to set 5.1 + zone2 setup on my AVR 1500H.
I have set "amp_assign" to "zone2".

But every time I want to listen to music on zone2, I need to select "All zone stereo play" option on my avr.
Is there a way to enable zone2 music playback by default.

hi.
I am trying to set 5.1 + zone2 setup on my AVR 1500H.
I have set "amp_assign" to "zone2".

But every time I want to listen to music on zone2, I need to select "All zone stereo play" option on my avr.
Is there a way to enable zone2 music playback by default.
what is the source for zone 2 ? note by default digital inputs are disabled for zone2, that means you could listen to FM/Radio or from an analog source on Zone 2.

Thanks,
Rajiv

what is the source for zone 2 ? note by default digital inputs are disabled for zone2, that means you could listen to FM/Radio or from an analog source on Zone 2.

Thanks,
Rajiv

No restriction on source as such.
Source can be bluetooth or other hdmi also. I tried and works fine with any source.
In any mode, we can select "all zone stereo play" option and will route the audio to all channels even in zone2.

Hi friends how is the performance of polkaudio subwooferDSW pro 550& Taga harmony sw10 v3 which is best for my Denon Avr X 1500h

Hi friends how is the performance of polkaudio subwooferDSW pro 550& Taga harmony sw10 v3 which is best for my Denon Avr X 1500h
I have auditioned Polk dsw pro with denon 2400 and didn’t like it.The sub performance isn’t dependent on the avr. You need to look at the rms and how low it can go. I purchased Bic pl200 and it’s awesome with my 2400. U can also check out Yamaha sw300. Audition and purchase. If willing to spend around 50-1L you can check out svs,Rythmik,Rel and xtz subwoofers

Last edited:
I have Polk DSW Pro550i subwoofer and its not great but a good subwoofer for the budget. Don't compare it with SVS, Rhythmic or XTZ which costs twice to thrice to that Polk. To me it's tight and agile when used in Direct or Pure mode and sufficient to fill small room for movie. Also audition BIC PL200 and it's better than Polk DSW Pro 550i. Recently @Akshit2111 has purchased XTZ 10.17 which have multiple tuning options and It may be a great subwoofer for little increase budget.

My testing is yet not complete on the xtz sub but so far it looks promising with great built and beautiful looks. Since this is my first that is why i am holding on my review but one thing i must say is that ported imo feels much better as compared to sealed and placement makes huge difference :)

Last edited:

Well...you have reverts for most subs.....if you can audition Sunfire,,Polk HTS 10 or Polk HTS 12....these are good within the 50k segment.....

I have Polk DSW Pro550i subwoofer and its not great but a good subwoofer for the budget. Don't compare it with SVS, Rhythmic or XTZ which costs twice to thrice to that Polk. To me it's tight and agile when used in Direct or Pure mode and sufficient to fill small room for movie. Also audition BIC PL200 and it's better than Polk DSW Pro 550i. Recently @Akshit2111 has purchased XTZ 10.17 which have multiple tuning options and It may be a great subwoofer for little increase budget.
Thank you

I have auditioned Polk dsw pro with denon 2400 and didn’t like it.The sub performance isn’t dependent on the avr. You need to look at the rms and how low it can go. I purchased Bic pl200 and it’s awesome with my 2400. U can also check out Yamaha sw300. Audition and purchase. If willing to spend around 50-1L you can check out svs,Rythmik,Rel and xtz subwoofers
Thank you

All of a sudden DTS- NEU X and DTS-HD stopped working, DOLBY, DOLBY ATMOS still works, DTS-X works, no changes done at all in system configuration, any ideas would be appreciated, tried factory restore, did not help!

All of a sudden DTS- NEU X and DTS-HD stopped working, DOLBY, DOLBY ATMOS still works, DTS-X works, no changes done at all in system configuration, any ideas would be appreciated, tried factory restore, did not help!
Updated the existing firmware, still was facing the same issue. Downgraded the firmware again using USB, issue resolved. Strange!

contact nearest denon service centre,sure they would help you out.
it could be some software glitch.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back