DENON Owners thread

Hi guys
I have a Denon 2113 avr. Been very satisfied with it. All of a sudden i have an issue of continuous static disturbance coming from my centre channel Kef speaker. This happens just after the avr switches on even with no audio signal in standby. Happens in almost all modes. Just not present in media player mode as maybe it uses only stereo.
I have switched speakers and the static shifted to other speaker. So i feel my centre speaker is fine and I think also eliminates a loose wire. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions on what could be wrong at the Avr end or what other issue it could be? I am very hesitant to take it to a service centre as I have heard a lot of horror stories. Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks

Hi guys
I have a Denon 2113 avr. Been very satisfied with it. All of a sudden i have an issue of continuous static disturbance coming from my centre channel Kef speaker. This happens just after the avr switches on even with no audio signal in standby. Happens in almost all modes. Just not present in media player mode as maybe it uses only stereo.
I have switched speakers and the static shifted to other speaker. So i feel my centre speaker is fine and I think also eliminates a loose wire. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions on what could be wrong at the Avr end or what other issue it could be? I am very hesitant to take it to a service centre as I have heard a lot of horror stories. Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Is it hum or hiss?

pl. post audio recording

It's better to get service from authorise service center. You AVR may have moisture problem, desolder joints, rusting or corrosion of PCB, connectors, jumpers etc. It's better to service early to avoid major damage.

Hi guys

Thanks

Is the static present even with no Inputs connected to the receiver? Do you have any other devices connected like power amp, dac, equalizer, etc? Switch on the receiver with absolutely nothing connected to it, not even the display. Just power cable. A ground loop on any of the powered devices could be causing it. If with nothing connected also there is a static, then its the receiver at fault for sure.

MaSh

Is the static present even with no Inputs connected to the receiver? Do you have any other devices connected like power amp, dac, equalizer, etc? Switch on the receiver with absolutely nothing connected to it, not even the display. Just power cable. A ground loop on any of the powered devices could be causing it. If with nothing connected also there is a static, then its the receiver at fault for sure.

MaSh
No other amp eyc connected. Just the display and an optical cable from tv. Even after removing the optical cable static is present. If it was a ground loop issue, would it be present only on the centre channel??? Also i have the same setup since many years, same plug points and cables.

No other amp eyc connected. Just the display and an optical cable from tv. Even after removing the optical cable static is present. If it was a ground loop issue, would it be present only on the centre channel??? Also i have the same setup since many years, same plug points and cables.

Optical was the only connection? No HDMI or analog connections?

I recently had a similar issue. The culprit was the USB DAC connected to the HTPC with RCA connected to the receiver. The receiver's pre out was connected to a power amp. The static was only on the front channel, nothing on the rear. Even on the front, the static would be louder either on right or left randomly, never equal on both. The investigation did make me pull out my hair. Unplugged the DAC by mistake and suddenly it was all silent.

MaSh

Optical was the only connection? No HDMI or analog connections?

I recently had a similar issue. The culprit was the USB DAC connected to the HTPC with RCA connected to the receiver. The receiver's pre out was connected to a power amp. The static was only on the front channel, nothing on the rear. Even on the front, the static would be louder either on right or left randomly, never equal on both. The investigation did make me pull out my hair. Unplugged the DAC by mistake and suddenly it was all silent.

MaSh
Only hdmi for display and optical from tv other than speaker wires from 5 speakers and subwoofer wire.

I Wana sell my brand new 4500H. Misfit for me as I am into 2 channel only. If anyone looking to buy please pm me.

Thanks.

Any one knows how to pair the Denon 4500 remote with Sony blu Ray player? With my yht 299 remote it was simple all I had to do was enable Hdmi control and I was able to browse, play pause stop and use all the basic functions

Any one knows how to pair the Denon 4500 remote with Sony blu Ray player? With my yht 299 remote it was simple all I had to do was enable Hdmi control and I was able to browse, play pause stop and use all the basic functions
Knock knock any one?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back