DENON Owners thread

What type of a remote is it? Programmable, punch code, or learning?
This is the remote for 4500. While running Audyssey it asked if I want to pair the source. I selected yes and it asked me to press source (Blu-ray) and option till Dev tv and avr on top of the remote blinks. It said success but not working

Attachments

• 84A7F810-4B65-405E-AC4A-B9B49263BD08.jpeg
    84A7F810-4B65-405E-AC4A-B9B49263BD08.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 16
This is the remote for 4500. While running Audyssey it asked if I want to pair the source. I selected yes and it asked me to press source (Blu-ray) and option till Dev tv and avr on top of the remote blinks. It said success but not working
Sometimes despite pairing they do not work. My bitter experience. See if there is a remote leaning function mentioned in the manual.

The reason I am saying this is because my Denon AVR remote is all the three, learning, punch code and programming individual buttons.

It is a long time since I checked Denon remotes hence I am not able to judge by looking at it. I assume it does.

Knock knock any one?

Look at the below comparison chart for X4500H,X6500H,X8500.

Afaik X4500 has preprogrammed remote we need to enter the code to work if it is available for the Sony player which u mentioned.
It can not learn the code. Assuming that you are trying to use as learning remote.
I beleive below yellow marked comments says that.
Imho.
Atb

IMG_20190721_054439.jpg

As per the user manual of denon 4500 i will have to register the pre-set code. Any idea how i can find the preset code for the sony BDP-s4500?

Try it again. If not then probably the preset code on your remote does not COMPLETELY WORK for your particular Sony model player.

The next choice is probably a harmony remote. But I would just use the two remotes. But that is just me.

Try it again. If not then probably the preset code on your remote does not COMPLETELY WORK for your particular Sony model player.

The next choice is probably a harmony remote. But I would just use the two remotes. But that is just me.
No I was able to set it up and working fine

Last edited:
Wow man - when did you move from 2500 to 4500? How is the experience so far? Is it from the same known source?
I sold my 2400 to a very close friend of mine and got the 4500 last week. I didn't go for grey. Got it from my regular dealer Max Home theater chennai. Grey it is sold at 95 and with bill and warranty 110000 so just 15k difference. Refer the link for my feedback on the avr

Last edited:
Hi FM's,
My Denon 1911 AVR which is 8 years old is not switching ON. Did anyone else face such problems? Please suggest a service center or service advisor in Hyderabad where I can get it checked. I posted this in other threads as well. Please excuse me for that. Thanks in advance.

Hello Mands,

It also could be something very simple. Since it is not completely turning on, it could be just a fuse blown on the power supply board. This could be due to a power surge or excess power which hit the AVR.

If you are handy, you could open up the AVR after disconnecting it completely from the power supply, disconnecting all speaker cables and connections and check the power supply. It could be just the fuse which has blown. Otherwise usually an AVR does completely stop working.

Also could be a cross connection in the speaker cables, can't say from here. You would have to trial and error it. Best of luck to you. Hope it works out.

Hello Mands,

It also could be something very simple. Since it is not completely turning on, it could be just a fuse blown on the power supply board. This could be due to a power surge or excess power which hit the AVR.

If you are handy, you could open up the AVR after disconnecting it completely from the power supply, disconnecting all speaker cables and connections and check the power supply. It could be just the fuse which has blown. Otherwise usually an AVR does completely stop working.

Also could be a cross connection in the speaker cables, can't say from here. You would have to trial and error it. Best of luck to you. Hope it works out.
Thank you Vinod... I too suspect the fuse might have blown up. Is that something that is visible right away if I open the AVR?

Thank you Vinod... I too suspect the fuse might have blown up. Is that something that is visible right away if I open the AVR?

When you open the AVR, check where the main power plugs in to and which board. That is probably the primary power supply board. Now on this board, you should be able to find the glass fuses on this board. Now check these fuses to see if they have blown or not. If they have, you would have to replace the fuses to get the AVR hopefully working again.

Hi FM's,
My Denon 1911 AVR which is 8 years old is not switching ON. Did anyone else face such problems? Please suggest a service center or service advisor in Hyderabad where I can get it checked. I posted this in other threads as well. Please excuse me for that. Thanks in advance.

Check the link below
Usk electronics Profx

When you open the AVR, check where the main power plugs in to and which board. That is probably the primary power supply board. Now on this board, you should be able to find the glass fuses on this board. Now check these fuses to see if they have blown or not. If they have, you would have to replace the fuses to get the AVR hopefully working again.
Vinod, Thank you so much.. I opened it and it is the fuse... It says 'T1.6AL250V' on one side and 'BUSS' followed by some symbols on other end.
Can I but any fuse that says T 1.6 250V or do we have to go with original part? Please suggest.

Vinod, Thank you so much.. I opened it and it is the fuse... It says 'T1.6AL250V' on one side and 'BUSS' followed by some symbols on other end.
Can I but any fuse that says T 1.6 250V or do we have to go with original part? Please suggest.
Before you replace it, check to see if the wire inside this glass fuse is intact or not. If it has cut, then you will need to replace it and if the fuse is okay, then there is a problem somewhere else and you will have to show it to a service tech.

Before you replace it, check to see if the wire inside this glass fuse is intact or not. If it has cut, then you will need to replace it and if the fuse is okay, then there is a problem somewhere else and you will have to show it to a service tech.
Yes, the fuse is damaged... and its all burnt inside. Can I order it online or do I have to go to USK for getting one. I did not find the exact ones online but see something like T1.6 250V. Please suggest on how to get a new one.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back