DENON Owners thread

Pointwise

1. I have tried it both ways.

2. Yes, I do engage my subwoofer for music listening and it's volume set at 12'0 clock position.
3. I do not think i have those audessey flat settings in denon.
4. this seems a better option, shall try reference level settings
5. Again I have not found graphic eq settings in X2600H as the option is disabled.
6. I shall try subwoofer trim also but it does not mention specifically that it's a subwoofer trim

After love4sound mentioned me to try n listen the same in pure mode, i had tried and it was quite satisfactory.
Ok good that some improvements in pure direct mode. What files are you using and how are you playing them ?

Pointwise

1. I have tried it both ways.

2. Yes, I do engage my subwoofer for music listening and it's volume set at 12'0 clock position.
3. I do not think i have those audessey flat settings in denon.
4. this seems a better option, shall try reference level settings
5. Again I have not found graphic eq settings in X2600H as the option is disabled.
6. I shall try subwoofer trim also but it does not mention specifically that it's a subwoofer trim

After love4sound mentioned me to try n listen the same in pure mode, i had tried and it was quite satisfactory.
You should have the flat settings too. It's available where you have reference indicated.

Gr eq settings will be available, only if you select audyssey off. Tone settings will be available only if deq is off.

By subwoofer trim, i meant the subwoofer level under levels setting.

If you like pure mode, do use it. This mode completely disables all audyssey filters, however your subwoofer won't kick in for stereo content.

Ok good that some improvements in pure direct mode. What files are you using and how are you playing them ?

I usually listen to the music through spotify and amazon music. I think my fronts are placed lowly and I should better get a pair of speaker stands to keep them at ear levels.

I usually listen to the music through spotify and amazon music. I think my fronts are placed lowly and I should better get a pair of speaker stands to keep them at ear levels.
I also have tried Spotify and amazon music and the sound quality wasn’t good. Now I use Apple Music and stream it using airplay which is way better then both Spotify and amazon music. It’s just my observation and opinion the better avrs actually sound bad for lower quality files cause they bring out all the details clearly. I switched from Yamaha to Denon after audition of both brands. Yamaha feels dynamic and bold but when it comes to crisp, detailed and agile sound the Denon blows the Yamaha away. It is also much easier to use with an user friendly interface.

I too prefer Apple music over Spotify and Amazon for streaming music. I find the interface on itunes much easier to navigate, once we have properly set our libraries.

Sound quality also is better for my taste, specially in bass which is just the right amount and tight.

Itunes music is available on android too. Also, pricing for indian account is very competitive.

There is a one month trial available for itunes, if you want to try out. If you have android phone, you can cast it too on Chromecast enabled device.

I too prefer Apple music over Spotify and Amazon for streaming music. I find the interface on itunes much easier to navigate, once we have properly set our libraries.

Sound quality also is better for my taste, specially in bass which is just the right amount and tight.

Itunes music is available on android too. Also, pricing for indian account is very competitive.

There is a one month trial available for itunes, if you want to try out. If you have android phone, you can cast it too on Chromecast enabled device.

I am loyal ios user:) and have used Apple music in the past on free trial:p. This time too I have that free one month trial which I have started, yet to test it on my AVR. Finally I got the GEQ settings but could not get time to tweak it and agaoin test it. I think I'll take my time to verify with / without GEQ. I am sure I'll be able to reach those satisfaction levels I had with Yamaha as regards to music.

I use Pandora and Spotify plus many more internet radio channels on AVR but what is most satisfying for me is high quality music on Youtube that sounds really good on my AVR on 'Straight' mode. There is option for creating user playlists is very useful. Only drawback is streaming becomes off when iPhone sleeps but there is workaround 'Musi app'.

I am loyal ios user:) and have used Apple music in the past on free trial:p. This time too I have that free one month trial which I have started, yet to test it on my AVR. Finally I got the GEQ settings but could not get time to tweak it and agaoin test it. I think I'll take my time to verify with / without GEQ. I am sure I'll be able to reach those satisfaction levels I had with Yamaha as regards to music.
If you have an iPhone or any iOS device you can cast directly to the avr using airdrop. It’s very good Imo. I use my xr and some times you tube for listening to music in pure direct mode.

I use Pandora and Spotify plus many more internet radio channels on AVR but what is most satisfying for me is high quality music on Youtube that sounds really good on my AVR on 'Straight' mode. There is option for creating user playlists is very useful. Only drawback is streaming becomes off when iPhone sleeps but there is workaround 'Musi app'.
You referring to normal youtube or youtube music?

Don't worry....keep trying all things.... eventually you will find one setting, which you will prefer...enjoy....

You referring to normal youtube or youtube music?

I didn't like youtube music so I stick to old Youtube. What is good about youtube is there are lots of old song with young voice, new instruments and experiment. For e.g. this song, I love it.

Actually pure direct is intended for 'analog input' because by activating it, A=>D and again D=>A conversion is avoided.

For digital input for e.g. steaming/airplay it has certain disadvantages.

1. Room EQ is disabled. That affect sound because room EQ try to reduce room imperfections.

3. No equalizer so sound is flat.

To my fellow Denon X2000 owners,

I am Dinesh. I have the Denon X2000 avr and I seem to have misplaced my avr power cable. Now I have two similar cables, I couldn't find out which one is the actual power cable. Can you please help me by sending few pics of your power cable, so I can identify it?

Thanks in Advance..

-Dinesh

I am Dinesh. I have the Denon X2000 avr and I seem to have misplaced my avr power cable. Now I have two similar cables, I couldn't find out which one is the actual power cable. Can you please help me by sending few pics of your power cable, so I can identify it?

Thanks in Advance..

-Dinesh
Hi,
That's not a rocket science !
Share the power cable pics ( both ends connector side).Hope u have 2 qty of power cable in hand ? Share the back side image of your AVR power socket. we will guide you.

Thanks in Advance..

-Dinesh

Is it detachable power cable?

Why do not you try practically which one fit in the power input socket of AVR. Wrong cable won't fit.

both fits in the input socket of the avr.. yes it a detachable power cable. One belongs to the avr and the other belongs to some pc i guess. Just wanted to make sure I use the right cable, intended for the avr... I am pretty sure there will be some quality difference inside...

both fits in the input socket of the avr.. yes it a detachable power cable. One belongs to the avr and the other belongs to some pc i guess. Just wanted to make sure I use the right cable, intended for the avr... I am pretty sure there will be some quality difference inside...

Power sockets are standard. I don't think there is any difference. What you should see that it fits snugly to both ends so as to avoid loose contact.

Thanks in Advance..

-Dinesh
Denon and Marantz usually prefers "Volex" certified cables(plugs).The volex can be read on plug fits on ac socket.These cables can be 0.75sqmm or 1 .Also cables are "kema keur" certified which is written on cable itself.Also H055VV mentioned on it.
Hope this may help.

Well..my points as a neutral...

@ISO did mention in his first post that the important conclusion is to properly calibrate. Poor calibration can make things worse.

@ISO also mentioned about the distortion because of DSP.

Comment by @ISO about working for denon....this comment could have been avoided (my point of view) but i guess, it happened in the heat of the moment.

From my experience, since there is a lot of stuff going on during audyssey, there is equal chance of getting it wrong and messing something up during calibration. The reason why denon (or even marantz) may sound distorted or shrill, is not because of the amp, but because of the audyssey filters applied during calibration. This specially affects 2 channel listening, more so because audyssey calibrates all speakers for flat response including bass and with less bass, highs can sound shrill or distorted if audyssey applied wrong filters. Having said all this, a properly calibrated audyssey system will sound just fantastic without any distortion at any listening levels.

Be it Yamaha ypao or denon audyssey, key is to experiment with calibration continuously till we end up with a satisfied result. I am pretty sure everyone will agree that, no one gets the calibration done perfectly first time and it requires repeated efforts, time and definitely some patience.

To make the most of audyssey, tweaking via multieq editor app for supported avr's can make some positive difference.

Peace to all and cheers.
Siju

there's a lot that audyssey can do to change the sound. first when i ran it got a shrill harsh sound but then read in their faqs to toe-in the speakers & that gave me a very good sound which i was happy with.

but unfortunately i did not take a backup of the settings and few months ago i had to do a factory reset of the avr due to its setting menu becoming inaccessible. after that i have run the audyssey some 15+ times in different configurations and setups but am not able to replicate that balanced sound, as a result its a sharp/harsh sound now. dont know why/how except maybe my MLP has moved forward a few feet so that may be affecting the audyssey. strongly recommend that when one gets a good sound you're happy with take a backup.

there's a lot that audyssey can do to change the sound. first when i ran it got a shrill harsh sound but then read in their faqs to toe-in the speakers & that gave me a very good sound which i was happy with.

but unfortunately i did not take a backup of the settings and few months ago i had to do a factory reset of the avr due to its setting menu becoming inaccessible. after that i have run the audyssey some 15+ times in different configurations and setups but am not able to replicate that balanced sound, as a result its a sharp/harsh sound now. dont know why/how except maybe my MLP has moved forward a few feet so that may be affecting the audyssey. strongly recommend that when one gets a good sound you're happy with take a backup.
One can also use the good ole sound pressure metre / good ole ear and retune the AVR.
You would be surprised by what one cam do with it.
Do that and you should be fine.

Back