DENON Owners thread

One can also use the good ole sound pressure metre / good ole ear and retune the AVR.
You would be surprised by what one cam do with it.
Do that and you should be fine.

if you do manual eq in denon i think audyssey gets disabled unfortunately. plus you dont get access to the multiple filters that audyssey does

there's a lot that audyssey can do to change the sound. first when i ran it got a shrill harsh sound but then read in their faqs to toe-in the speakers & that gave me a very good sound which i was happy with.

but unfortunately i did not take a backup of the settings and few months ago i had to do a factory reset of the avr due to its setting menu becoming inaccessible. after that i have run the audyssey some 15+ times in different configurations and setups but am not able to replicate that balanced sound, as a result its a sharp/harsh sound now. dont know why/how except maybe my MLP has moved forward a few feet so that may be affecting the audyssey. strongly recommend that when one gets a good sound you're happy with take a backup.
Ohh...that's sad to hear.

When i do audyssey, i take 6 readings and all locations are within 1 to 1.5 ft from mlp.

If you don't mind paying, you can try the audyssey editor app for calibration.

Hello Folks,
Unvailing the first look of my new Denon AVRX2600H pairing with 2 Cambridge Audio Minx22 bookshelf Speakers.
So far the entire setup sounds quite promising. Got a free 6 yrs extended warranty on the AVR from the UK retailer, though not planning to stay that long so probably of no use.

As of now, this is my current setup-
1) Denon AVRX 2600H
2) 1 pair of Cambridge Audio Minx22(FL& FR)
3) 1 pair of Dali Alteco C1 Atmos (FDL, FDR) for Atmos setup.
Still need to decide upon on the remaining speakers & the subwoofer to comple the 5.1.2 setup. I must admit that i am quite impressed with the sound clarity on the pair of Cambridge Audio Minx22, considering to its smaller size, so thinking of getting the subwoofer aswell from Cambridge Audio (probably MinX X201 @200pound), but always open for your suggestions.

Looking forward your suggestions on the subwoofer.

Attachments

• 15776449172672066462926.jpg
    15776449172672066462926.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Help me with the optimal settings. As you can see in the output image it is set for 4:2:0 and not 4:2:2 or 4:4:4. I have also attached the set up. Is it correct or i need to change

Attachments

• Output.jpeg
    Output.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Setup.jpeg
    Setup.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 35
Hello Folks,
Unvailing the first look of my new Denon AVRX2600H pairing with 2 Cambridge Audio Minx22 bookshelf Speakers.
So far the entire setup sounds quite promising. Got a free 6 yrs extended warranty on the AVR from the UK retailer, though not planning to stay that long so probably of no use.

As of now, this is my current setup-
1) Denon AVRX 2600H
2) 1 pair of Cambridge Audio Minx22(FL& FR)
3) 1 pair of Dali Alteco C1 Atmos (FDL, FDR) for Atmos setup.
Still need to decide upon on the remaining speakers & the subwoofer to comple the 5.1.2 setup. I must admit that i am quite impressed with the sound clarity on the pair of Cambridge Audio Minx22, considering to its smaller size, so thinking of getting the subwoofer aswell from Cambridge Audio (probably MinX X201 @200pound), but always open for your suggestions.

Looking forward your suggestions on the subwoofer.
For sub-woofer you don't have to go for the same speaker brand. Based on your budget Fm's should be able to guide you.

Hi i have 1610, trying to upgrade to 2400(budget) price bring quoted at 47k , need Atmos speaker any recommendations.any suggestions pls.

Hi i have 1610, trying to upgrade to 2400(budget) price bring quoted at 47k , need Atmos speaker any recommendations.any suggestions pls.
Can go for same wharfedale WCM80 in ceiling speakers.
where have you planned to put atmos speakers?

Thanks @bpranay , in celing ( 9ft) just above my seating position I have a living room 20x 12 sitting approx 10ft from screen.Any idea on the cost of WCM80,also what is your experience on 2600 and also pricing , I have not yet hit button to buy for 2400 yet.

Thanks @bpranay , in celing ( 9ft) just above my seating position I have a living room 20x 12 sitting approx 10ft from screen.Any idea on the cost of WCM80,also what is your experience on 2600 and also pricing , I have not yet hit button to buy for 2400 yet.
You can buy Bic America in ceiling speakers. I bought them from Avenue sound mumbai for 10k. These have 6 inch bass driver and perform very good for Atmos. In my opinion you should not spend more than 15k for Atmos speakers unless you have plenty of disposable income, since it won't be active most of the times and when active, any decent speakers would perform good while playing the effects that are fed to Atmos channels

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200117-104758.jpg
    Screenshot_20200117-104758.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 20

2600 is the latest one. I got it for 56K locally. Intially switching from Yamaha to Denon was difficult for me especially for music, but now I am quite happy. The surround speakers works super perfect with Denon. Must give 10/10 to Denon for movies experience. For music, I would still rate yamaha on higher side. But Denon is way too ahead of Yamaha for movies.

I am not sure about the cost of WCM, may be they are around 22K for a pair. Even klipsch in ceiling are available for 14K for a pair

For music, I would still rate yamaha on higher side. But Denon is way too ahead of Yamaha for movies.
Yes, Yamaha sounds refined and open in music. Demon has better impact on movies.With audyssey on, Denon can fill room easily with effects.Yamaha can sometimes create hole in between front/center and surrounds at low volume.

Helloo Denon Owners ...

I have discovered a strange problem in my Denon X3200 (USA model)

Denon works fine on bluetooth mode with any mobile when I use it without switching ON the TV.

However, when I play the same when TV is ON the problem starts.. The audio gets interrupted as if the Mobile is out of bluetooth range.

Following Troubleshooting already tried
1. Used different Mobile to play music and different music app as well but did not help
2. Tried to play music from the same distance from which I usually use and it works perfectly when TV is OFF (just to be sure its in range) this too didnt help
3. Now I tried to keep the mobile adjacent to the AVR.. This trick worked

Now the problem is that obviously I cant always use the Bluetooth keeping my phone adjacent to AVR .

TV is connected to my Denon via ARC port and displays the song being played properly , also there is no issue when I play any other audio from the TV itself.

Question to be answered --->
How can switching on TV reduce my AVR's Bluetooth range?
How can this be overcome ?
Is this Hardware issue or Software issue?
Are any of you facing similar issue ?

Regards,
Kushal Goenka

Helloo Denon Owners ...

I have discovered a strange problem in my Denon X3200 (USA model)

Denon works fine on bluetooth mode with any mobile when I use it without switching ON the TV.

However, when I play the same when TV is ON the problem starts.. The audio gets interrupted as if the Mobile is out of bluetooth range.

Following Troubleshooting already tried
1. Used different Mobile to play music and different music app as well but did not help
2. Tried to play music from the same distance from which I usually use and it works perfectly when TV is OFF (just to be sure its in range) this too didnt help
3. Now I tried to keep the mobile adjacent to the AVR.. This trick worked

Now the problem is that obviously I cant always use the Bluetooth keeping my phone adjacent to AVR .

TV is connected to my Denon via ARC port and displays the song being played properly , also there is no issue when I play any other audio from the TV itself.

Question to be answered --->
How can switching on TV reduce my AVR's Bluetooth range?
How can this be overcome ?
Is this Hardware issue or Software issue?
Are any of you facing similar issue ?

Regards,
Kushal Goenka

How can switching on TV reduce my AVR's Bluetooth range? may be TV has some kind of electro magnetic interference
i have similar experience when my microwave is ON. Sometimes there is disturbance when MW is running.
How can this be overcome ? try unpair and pair.
Is this Hardware issue or Software issue? may be bit of both
Are any of you facing similar issue ? yes, sometimes, see above, MW inteference.

To isolate problem, try removing all cables from TV to HTR and then play something through bluetooth and then switch on TV.

Hello, I've purchased pma600ne amp along with Elac debut 2.0 b6.2 and yamaha-ns-sw300 subwoofer 1mnth back here in Kolkata from Harmonie Audio and now 2days back suddenly the amp stopped playing and got into protected mode and the red led started blinking. From user manual it seems like circuit failure. I'm yet to contact ProFx who are the official distributer here in Kolkata as I've not purchased my product from them. Can anyone confirm if they provide in warranty service support for amp not sold by them? Thanks in advance.

To isolate problem, try removing all cables from TV to HTR and then play something through bluetooth and then switch on TV.
As soon as HDMI Cable is disconnected bluetooth works perfectly even if TV is On..
I tried to use HDMI 1,2,3 ARC but same issue in all the ports

Back