Denon X2000 - HDMI board issue

dnshrajn

Hello everyone, My Denon X2000 AVR's HDMI output stopped working. I checked my HDMI cables and the input sources by alternating and connecting directly to the projector. I even tried factory reset and firmware update. It still does not work. I am from Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu. So I dont have any authorised service centers nearby. Anyone can suggest me how to proceed with this?

I talked with Profx service center. Their diagnosis is HDMI board issue. I was told HDMI board replacement will cost me between 18-25k.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Thank you.

Hello everyone, My Denon X2000 AVR's HDMI output stopped working. I checked my HDMI cables and the input sources by alternating and connecting directly to the projector. I even tried factory reset and firmware update. It still does not work. I am from Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu. So I dont have any authorised service centers nearby. Anyone can suggest me how to proceed with this?

I talked with Profx service center. Their diagnosis is HDMI board issue. I was told HDMI board replacement will cost me between 18-25k.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Thank you.
Where you able to resolve the issue.

Denon is known for blown hdmi boards once the warranty is done,i too faced it in my 3400 and they are very expensive to replace.

My Denon X2000 had the same problem (Hdmi out not working), used through a 4x2 4k hdmi matrix switch instead of expensive hdmi card replacement.

Denon is known for blown hdmi boards once the warranty is done,i too faced it in my 3400 and they are very expensive to replace.
HDMI Board normally fails mostly when we use the hdmi port when the AVR/TV is switched ON. We are not sensitized about it in manual or by dealers. Some even interchange the HDMI input/output ports while using.

Its mostly a single IC or capacitor blows up near the hdmi out port but lack of service technician we end up replacing the whole board.

Indians has moved up the value chain so service model is typical US, replace the full assembly.

HDMI Board normally fails mostly when we use the hdmi port when the AVR/TV is switched ON. We are not sensitized about it in manual or by dealers. Some even interchange the HDMI input/output ports while using.

Its mostly a single IC or capacitor blows up near the hdmi out port but lack of service technician we end up replacing the whole board.

Indians has moved up the value chain so service model is typical US, replace the full assembly.
It’s really sad that the entire board needs to be replaced for a single/small component. .
Can’t these be serviced by any repair/service centre?

Can’t these be serviced by any repair/service centre?
Official Service Center doesn't make money by repairing the board but replacing it. Most of the time, these chips aren't sold externally so that independent technicians can replace them unless you have a donor board.

I feel the problem stems from the hdmi implementation in STB. Either connect the HDMI of STB to TV and ARC to AVR or use the digital coax of the the STB or component. I have heard of far too many issues and its always the connection from STB to AVR.

I feel the problem stems from the hdmi implementation in STB. Either connect the HDMI of STB to TV and ARC to AVR or use the digital coax of the the STB or component. I have heard of far too many issues and its always the connection from STB to AVR.
I dont have STB in my HT Setup. So i assume, plugging/unplugging must be the reason for my trouble. Is it possible cheap HDMI cables might have played part in it? When i discussed this with the technician who replaced my board, he said I need a power conditioner to avoid these issues. Mine was already connected to Vertex Servo Stabilizer when the board went kaput

The short summary is, there is no AVR without failing HDMI boards.
This is no longer a "Onkyo" only issue.
I don't buy the comment of ARC causing this. Its there by design and the feature has been around for over a decade.
I'd say, just power off everything when you are not using the equipment. Say Overnight.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back