Denon x3700h volume issue? getting remote to work.

The volume seemed to improve. An odd thing I noticed is the volume level jumps using the remote instead of going increments it starts 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 then jumps to 6.0 etc. I need to reset the unit and redo the volume when house is quiet again (kids are out) lol i'll let you know b/c the on/off is stil an issue.

Denon X3700H AVR Receiver. NHT Super Center 2.1 Center Channel Speaker 2 NHT SuperOne 2.1 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker 2 rear that are Onkyo and a powered subwoofer SUB 550P 500W, 10-inch powered subwoofer. I noticed the volume needs to go in the 50-60 to sound...normal. When I also use my verizon remote to turn on tv,remote and AVR it usually turns on all 3 but sometimes the avr doesn't go on properly. Any ideas? Someone said I needed a universal remote to get all 3 devices to work. I just dont get the volume issue. Any ideas?
I think that is nomal and not an issue with your unit. I am also using a denon avr and you have to go past 50 in order get a decent level of sound.

I think that is nomal and not an issue with your unit. I am also using a denon avr and you have to go past 50 in order get a decent level of sound.
By resetting the Aud it worked but I need to reset the AVR as I need to redo the setup to see if it will fix my AVR TV controller ossue.

I was able to perform a full reset and AUD reset. The one issue I have since the reset is on the Samsung TV I am using an app for Disney+ through the tv and no audio when I select tv input.

Last edited:
Now its all out of wack. I turn the tv on and the AVR isnt staying to the correct input. When I turn on the tv denon menu shows up after I turned it off. Arrrrgggghhhhh Not sure what to try next.

When I turn the AVR off with tv remote sometimes the tv goes off and AVR goes off and back on. Then if I press it again the AVR is on and the tv screen has denon smart menu which is turned off in settings. ARRRGGGHHH

I think it is time to take the Denon to the repairs. I have had issues with my Marantz like wifi mobile app not connecting etc which a reset fixed. Yours need to be looked into by a tech I feel.

This is brand new and at one point worked right. I just changed the port from HDMI/CBL of the SamsungOne from my tv into the ARC4 port.
I still don't know why when I turn the tv off and the AVR goes off the AVR only turns back on by itself. ANything wrong with my input setup.

UPDATE: I think I resolved my issue. The HDMI settings HDMI passthru and source select I changed and think it works. I will give it sometime.

Attachments

• samsungOne.jpg
    samsungOne.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 8
  • avr.jpg
    avr.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Why don't you go back to the earlier settings and check. I don't know what is samsung one. Ideally, all digital devices are connected to the AVR into the normal HDMI slots and the TV is connected to the AVR via the ARC/eARC.

If you are not connected this way, they you could probably try it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back