Denon x3700h volume issue? getting remote to work.

I might need to re run audyssey my levels are Front L +3 Front R +4.5 Center +3.5 Sub -2.5 Sur L +4 Sur R +4. Speaker distances what is the displayed distance from. Mine show FL 10.8 FR 12 C 11.3 Sub 12.3 Sur L 11.3 Sur R 7.9 thanks

Refer to the owners manual for things to keep in mind before running Audyssey and specific settings around levels, distance in feet / meters etc.

Once done then tweak levels (increase 1db each time for all speakers) if you still feel that it sounds low and also if you are sure the speakers can handle the power.

As mentioned before Audyssey is very conservative when it comes to setups and does not 100% guarantee optimal adjustments. As for me once setup is done, I change Audyssey settings to Audyssey FLAT. I get detailed better SQ. Dynamic Volume is kept on LIGHT. Reference Levels is at 5. All these settings can be tweaked in Manual Setup. This has worked well for me over the last 8/9 years using various models of Marantz AVRs, Experiment only if you are 100% sure of settings and should be done at low volumes to avoid blowing up the avr or speakers.

Dear Friends , i have Denon XAVR 1700H , 7.2 network AV receiver with Bluetooth , it was working fine for 1.5 year and now i am finding a problem that when i switch on the receiver , its getting on and after few seconds some relay changing / flickering sound is coming and immediately getting off . could any one tell what would be the reason ? and help me with the contact details of Denon authorized service center in bangalore . my mail id [email protected]

How can I tell if the speakers can handle it before blowing them? thhanks

Check the specs of the AVR and the specs of the Speakers...ideally both should compliment each other! Once you conservatively increase the volume during playback, you will notice your speakers coming to their potential and if stressed they will start sounding distorted / jarring. To understand this, please see Youtube videos where countless examples of blowing up speakers or jarring levels is demonstrated.

Dear Friends , i have Denon XAVR 1700H , 7.2 network AV receiver with Bluetooth , it was working fine for 1.5 year and now i am finding a problem that when i switch on the receiver , its getting on and after few seconds some relay changing / flickering sound is coming and immediately getting off . could any one tell what would be the reason ? and help me with the contact details of Denon authorized service center in bangalore . my mail id [email protected]

Possibly seems to be a case of AVR going into protection mode. See the Owners manual and also search for possible trouble shooting steps available over Google if you can understand and handle it. Else Service Center is the best approach!

how do you do a factory reset on AVR. After that you had to reset it all back up and no issues?
See the link below for a factory reset.
https://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3700H/NA/EN/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php

After the reset, you will have to run Audyssey again. Factory reset in my case solved my phone app not connecting to my AVR issue and solved some of the other issues that my receiver had like no light in standby mode (actually it was not an issue with the light itself but something else was going on in the receiver) and a few other issues that I can't remember.

I can't say for sure that it will solve your issues too but no harm in trying out the factory reset. All you need is to run audyssey and change all the setting that you had changed earlier to get the receiver to sound to your liking.

Your speakers are not efficient, 86db in the LCR is not an easy job for the AVRs, Hence, you will have to crank the volume. Remember increasing speaker level in the avr too much will cause clipping. You can very well go for a power amp for the LCRs.
What does that mean they aren't efficient enough to hold the AVR volume power? I don't think I have any more power outlets for a power amp lol. What amp would you recommend if I decide to add one. Thanks

I think I need to rerun Aud. The photo example appears the microphone during setup is space more then suggested When measuring the second and subsequent positions, install the Sound calibration microphone within 2 ft (60 cm) of the first measurement position (main listening position). I will re set it up to see if any improvements. Thanks as I see theres an option to save previous settings before resetting.

I think I need to rerun Aud. The photo example appears the microphone during setup is space more then suggested When measuring the second and subsequent positions, install the Sound calibration microphone within 2 ft (60 cm) of the first measurement position (main listening position). I will re set it up to see if any improvements. Thanks as I see theres an option to save previous settings before resetting.
Save the settings but do not restore them. Do your configurations like setting the speakers to small, setting crossovers etc after you run Audyssey. Run Audyssey for all 8 points all 7 points within 60 cm of the main point. Let us know the results.

The microphone came with cardboard stand. I tossed the stand didn't think about needing it but I have the microphone. should that make a difference?

The microphone came with cardboard stand. I tossed the stand didn't think about needing it but I have the microphone. should that make a difference?
Not much. Just place the microphone at ear hight when seated. I put mine on two small stools..

I might be able to place t on top of the couch. I also need to tackle the reset to see if this resolves the AVR turning everything on/off. I need to wait until its quiet (little ones are out lol)

Save the settings but do not restore them. Do your configurations like setting the speakers to small, setting crossovers etc after you run Audyssey. Run Audyssey for all 8 points all 7 points within 60 cm of the main point. Let us know the results.
I ran AUd again but I need to do factory reset before I run it again to see if it will fix the turn on/off issues. Aud setup seems better but now I need to factory reset and do it all over again. I'll see if this resolves the remote turning it on/off

I ran AUd again but I need to do factory reset before I run it again to see if it will fix the turn on/off issues. Aud setup seems better but now I need to factory reset and do it all over again. I'll see if this resolves the remote turning it on/off
Good first step.
Was the volume issue resolved?
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back