Design Classics

Couple of my favourite classic designs:eek:hyeah:

madhubala1.jpg

And this one:
Marilyn-Monroe-11.jpg

Doors, good post, but slightly subjective. :)

Do god's creation fall in design classic ? What is Beautiful ? A Child is beautiful to his/her mother.

:confused:
Regards

hee hee. Sachin Is that you in the first pic. in post #155. You look like Salman Khan's younger brother.
regards

ReVox+A700+2-track+3.jpg

ReVox A700. Classic audiophile grade reel-to-reel deck.
Regards

There is a similar Grunding unit lying about at my Parents home. I could almost smell the smell of electronics in it as I gazed at the pic you posted and the memories came back.

--G0bble

There is a similar Grunding unit lying about at my Parents home. I could almost smell the smell of electronics in it as I gazed at the pic you posted and the memories came back.

--G0bble
Grundigs are very well made. This ReVox model is top of the line. I think Nagra are the studio standard. Considering (If you think best music was in the 60s to early 80s) all master tapes were on reels, so these are Big Daddy's of CDs and Vinyls. :D
Regards

Grundigs are very well made. This ReVox model is top of the line. I think Nagra are the studio standard. Considering (If you think best music was in the 60s to early 80s) all master tapes were on reels, so these are Big Daddy's of CDs and Vinyls. :D
Regards
Nagra portables: what a design classic they were! Beautiful looks and beautiful engineering.

Like me, is anyone fan of LED calculators ?

Like these. tactile keys... bright lights... Pencil Cells... :licklips:
Omron 86
5211644399_391d98b376.jpg

Design copied from Braun ET-11
5320069097_f972474dee.jpg

Regds.

@ grubyhalo
awesome, awesome!
always dreamed off examining one up close, but my rich friends have no taste! :)

here's an example of classic design in advertising. what could be simpler than taking the classic shape of your product, and making it the hero? sheer genius:

coe37rome.jpg

neworleansg.jpg

geneva.jpg

kyoto.jpg

absolutcelebrity.jpg

cor09potemkin.jpg

polynesia.jpg

sydneys.jpg

Oh yeah, I'd love to admire the eggs up close if I ever get a chance! Even if I get enough money, I somehow don't think I'd get one.

Absolut had some really nice campaigns.

On another note, I was drooling over some Nagra equipment online and I stumbled upon this beauty:

The Nagra SN

4801035527_c5a3ba5496_b_d.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back