Did u know????

please tell actual %
if we compare with ACD
how much % LP will play better
I clean my LP's with a generous bath of WD-40 and noticed about 21.54% enhancement as compared to compact tapes. I was reading that a slight application of KY Jelly on vinyl can increase this factor to more than 39.94%. I am yet to try this one.

Last edited:
please tell actual %
if we compare with ACD
how much % LP will play better

I clean my LP's with a generous bath of WD-40 and noticed about 21.54% enhancement as compared to compact tapes. I was reading that a slight application of KY Jelly on vinyl can increase this factor to more than 39.94%. I am yet to try this one.

My similar experiments in controlled environment and all other variables being constant yielded enhancement percentages of 21.55% & 39.93% respectively.
Also, when I cleaned my ears with 'Johnson' ear buds, it resulted in an enhancement of 7.56%. In colder weather, when the air is cold & hence denser, the enhancement was 8.32%. Not to mention, the last 2 experiments can also be repeated with the ACD rather than vinyls.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated to Johnson & Johnson.

Here are label guides to 33 rpm 12" vinyl pressings as mentioned in previous posts...

pressingsequencelables.jpg

From top left to right and bottom left to right...
(1) Angel Big Logo
(2) Angel Box *
(3) Odeon double groove (red circle)
(4) Odeon flat
(5) Nipper Full Color
(6) Nipper Black and white
* There is little dispute in 2nd pressing I think their ought to be a small Angel pressing which I think I have seen in the past but my knowledgeable friends say there is no small angel in 12" vinyls, only 10" vinyls have small angel. So I have omitted that label. This is NOT authentic guide to first, second or third pressings. Just a rough guide, but I have no reason to doubt it. These are main labels of EMI Co. and covers most of the popular titles. There also few other labels like Regal, Music for pleasure and His Master's Voice which depending on titles can be first copy too.
Regards

Bhaskar,
any info about some queries in post #69 from your friend ?
Thanks and regards.

Sourav, I don't have any info on Columbia labels. Will ask my friends.
Regards.

Sourav, I don't have any info on Columbia labels. Will ask my friends.
Regards.

I have an old 'Chori Chori' (Raj Kapoor movie) record on Columbia Records. It sounds very good & loud. I will share the label for you guys to analyze it!

Saket

Here are label guides to 33 rpm 12" vinyl pressings as mentioned in previous posts...

pressingsequencelables.jpg

From top left to right and bottom left to right...
(1) Angel Big Logo
(2) Angel Box *
(3) Odeon double groove (red circle)
(4) Odeon flat
(5) Nipper Full Color
(6) Nipper Black and white
* There is little dispute in 2nd pressing I think their ought to be a small Angel pressing which I think I have seen in the past but my knowledgeable friends say there is no small angel in 12" vinyls, only 10" vinyls have small angel. So I have omitted that label. This is NOT authentic guide to first, second or third pressings. Just a rough guide, but I have no reason to doubt it. These are main labels of EMI Co. and covers most of the popular titles. There also few other labels like Regal, Music for pleasure and His Master's Voice which depending on titles can be first copy too.
Regards

In addition to Hiten's post, here is an EMI Columbia level

columbialevel.jpg

Here is an EMI Regal level

dscn2757y.jpg

The best stereos of Hindi Cinema OST till 1980 :
1. Jal Bin Machchli Nritya Bin Bijli
2. Sholay
3. Hum KisiSe Kam Naheen (Only Side A was stereo i.e. The Competition Songs & Hai Agar Dushman)
4. Des Pardes
5. Shalimar
6. Trishul
7. Aangan Ki Kali
8. Chambal Ki Kassam
9. Jaani Dushman
10. Kaala Patthar
11. Khandaan
12. Mr. Natwarlal
13. Noorie
14. Aap Ke Deewane
15. Abdullah
16. Alibaba Aur Chalis Chor
17. Disco Deewane
18. Ek Baar Kaho
19. Karz
20. Kranti
21. Lootmaar
22. Main Aur Meri Tanhai
23. Manpasand
24. Payal Ki Jhankar
25. Qurbani
26. Ram Balram
27. Shaan
28. The Burning Train
sharing my stereo listening experience....
stereo music in hindi movies before 90's

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back