Difference b/w Monster Surge Protector & V-Guard Voltage Stabilizer for LCD TVs

Sure it is not you who posted about surge protector. I just clubbed Rabepobemababe's post. I hope you have read it. It is true that some brands have those warranty conditions, including my denon AVR, but my question remains the same - how are they gonna find out you used a UPS?

The customer care guy or service center personnel might probe you about the connection. Unknowingly if you reveal that you have used a UPS, then they refuse to help. This is like if you change the operating system in laptop, then the warranty will be void or no support will be provided from call center. this is similar to that.

how abt this from Su-Kam. Not sure if anyone has used it, just found at their website.

Power Solutions :: Home Solutions :: Power Doc :: Power-Doc 6AMP :: Su-kam :: Ek nayi soch

yes, I too heard about this company. Put there is a long debate on sine wave & square wave inverter. I bought a 800VA sine wave inverter from whirlpool. On top of all, what ever brand you buy, check the voltage output of UPS/inverter with a digital multimeter as fluctuations vary from street to street in same city. Don't go by reviews. when main power is cut and restored, check if there is any peak voltage to the system. sometimes I will notice there is a change in my ceiling fan speed when the power switching from main to UPS or viceversa happens and fans will produce a humming sound.

You can also include tubular battery inplace of normal battery.

Basically we use single phase connection for all our home appliances - this works out to around 230 to 240 volts. When a different phase wire gets crossed with the neutral you will get 440 volts at your home point. This happens quite often when branches fall on overhead distribution wires.

To protect against this the simplest method is to use a high voltage rupture disc connected in parallel with ur phase & neutral. The unit is made by Elpro and costs around Rs. 50. When there is a high voltage spike it ruptures & prevents high voltage reaching ur equip. I have put these discs in all my voltage stabilisers & distribution boards. Replacement is also very simple.

I have been saved from damage many times. I will post a photo tomorrow.
Hi Sridhar thanks a lot for the information about high voltage Rupture disc but i am unable to find where to get it. Here in Delhi i went to several electronic shops but they do not have this. I have contacted Elpro company which is in Hyderabad, then there is one in Mumbai but they do not manufacture this. Can you help me with information where to get this device. Thanks a lot.
Noel (VU2BRB)

Hi all,

Wanted to know whether connecting the below equipments thru belkin surge protector will be good or not. Purchased my first HT, so don't want any screw ups. Experts kindly advise

1. Denon avr
2. Paradigm subwoofer
3. LCD TV
4. Tatasky HD
5. PS3

I live in Mumbai, normally there are no voltage fluctuations.

Thanks
Ashish

I have a similar query, I'm planning to connect the following:

1) Samsung 40" LED TV
2) tata sky HD plus
3) onkyo 3500 htib
4) asus air media player
5) ps3
6) DVD player

could someone please advise a suitable stabilizer, leaving some wattage room for addition.

Also will an Apc UPS be a better solution, if yes, what capacity?

thank you

Sent from my Desire S

I have a similar query, I'm planning to connect the following:

1) Samsung 40" LED TV
2) tata sky HD plus
3) onkyo 3500 htib
4) asus air media player
5) ps3
6) DVD player

could someone please advise a suitable stabilizer, leaving some wattage room for addition.

Also will an Apc UPS be a better solution, if yes, what capacity?

thank you

Sent from my Desire S

Stablizer for my AC is free now as AC went kaput...can I use it for my Plasma & PS3

Dear All,

Pls refer to my posts re high voltage rupture disk. Nothing else will protect u from a 440v surge when line & neutral get crossed.

Sridhar V

Sridhar- Any idea where i can pick this up in Delhi? Also if you connect across Line and Phase when the disk ruptures how does it break the circuit? meaning line and neutral are anyway isolated for power to flow through so when disk is ruptured the "fuse will open" and current will flow normally? Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back