DIRAC LIVE & DIREC LIVE BASS CONTROL

Excellent. Integra has bundled the licensing fees of Dirac in its cost hence its included and you need not pay any extra bucks which is untrue in case of matantz cinema 50
I’ve used Dirac full bandwidth in my setup on the Pioneer LX-505 - it made a huge difference vs the MCACC Pro on Pioneer - and I preferred MCACC to Audessy.

Excellent. Integra has bundled the licensing fees of Dirac in its cost hence its included and you need not pay any extra bucks which is untrue in case of matantz cinema 50
Good point then to go with the Integra if Dirac is important.

But having lived with an old marantz SR 6011 for more than a decade now, it just works. No bugs, no crashes ever, and has been abused for almost a few hours daily for the last 10 years at insane volume levels, as the telly's sound is fed to it. Thats reliability in my books.

And since there is a local marantz and denon service center in Hyderabad, I would still seriously consider a Marantz or Denon, so that I would'nt be at the dealer's mercy for repairs. So despite Dirac's bells and whistles, I would'nt be tempted by that alone. Having had some expensive door stops in the past, Iam a little shy with big investments going downhill because of lack of service support. I consider Marantz and Denon as our Maruti cars. Easy to get repaired if it rains :p

Having said the above, if you plan on having more than one system, then reliability will not really be an issue as you will always have some backup.

Something is better than paying 😀
Integra, Onkyo, and Pioneer have the full license ( 20Hz - 20kHz ) included. That license costs $350, and is additional for Denon and Marantz. This license is included for Arcam AV10 and above.
Dirac Live Bass Control is $350 for single sub and $500 for multi sub, additionally over the full bandwidth license. DLBC is paid on all platforms

Integra, Onkyo, and Pioneer have the full license ( 20Hz - 20kHz ) included. That license costs $350, and is additional for Denon and Marantz. This license is included for Arcam AV10 and above.
Dirac Live Bass Control is $350 for single sub and $500 for multi sub, additionally over the full bandwidth license. DLBC is paid on all platforms
Making me all the more inclined towards Integra

Coming from pioneee lx57, was well versed with mcacc...now upgraded to denon x4800 and learned audessy and now this!!! Audyssey on my denon is limited to say the least...paid for multieq app and curve editing is literally impossible...any support for this?

I have 2 subs of different size and brands ...i want one sub to handle 40hz to 90hz (pronounced, reducing other frequency responses) and other to handlle below 40hz....will dirac allow me to tweak individual subwoofer curve?

Coming from pioneee lx57, was well versed with mcacc...now upgraded to denon x4800 and learned audessy and now this!!! Audyssey on my denon is limited to say the least...paid for multieq app and curve editing is literally impossible...any support for this?

I have 2 subs of different size and brands ...i want one sub to handle 40hz to 90hz (pronounced, reducing other frequency responses) and other to handlle below 40hz....will dirac allow me to tweak individual subwoofer curve?
I’m not sure but the I think the Dirac Live Bass Control multi subwoofer license should let you as the point of that license is to treat each subwoofer as an independent unit

I’m not sure but the I think the Dirac Live Bass Control multi subwoofer license should let you as the point of that license is to treat each subwoofer as an independent unit
DIRAC LIVE BASS CONTROL with extra cost will help you phase correction and alignment to other speakers. Also you can roll off desired frequency in selected subwoofer. The basic DIRAC live also will have the options to adjust the curve in selected sub but phase alignment will not be there.

What is the DIRAC version/product that is bundled with MiniDSP products? Nothing on the MiniDSP product page clarifies this. MiniDSP seems to be the cheapest way to get into the DIRAC ecosystem.

What is the DIRAC version/product that is bundled with MiniDSP products? Nothing on the MiniDSP product page clarifies this. MiniDSP seems to be the cheapest way to get into the DIRAC ecosystem.
Just checked my Minidsp HD, it has the option to upgrade to DDRC24
1712387730999.png

However, you need to pay for the upgrade to diraclive (Not DLBC) if you buy base version of minidsp 2x4 hd.

Yes

Dear all,

DIRAC and DIRAC LIVE BASS CONTROL being one of the world class calibration solution and most of the AV receivers/ AV Processors being moving to this solution.

Iam starting this thread to discuss & help each other on better calibration.

I have ARCAM AV41 with DIREC LIVE BASS CONTROL, which elevates my movie watching experience better than any movie theater.

Happy to discuss and calibrate with fellow users

Cheers 😊
Before investing into Dirac or audysy laptop app, my core question remains,
What is the expected prowess of the laptop or Pc used for the calibration?
Is a laptop or pc required?

Is it possibke to share dirac license (simultaneous multi user)?

Last edited:
Before investing into Dirac or audysy laptop app, my core question remains,
What is the expected prowess of the laptop or Pc used for the calibration?
Is a laptop or pc required?

Is it possibke to share dirac license (simultaneous multi user)?
The laptop app is free - if you have an AVR with the license built in you can download the app and try for free.

The only investment and it’s worthwhile is a miniDSP umik-1USB mic, if you’re using the laptop app. It then works wirelessly. With Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer you can use the included mic with the laptop app, or the phone app ( least desirable ). For denon Marantz you have to buy a separate mic as the included mic only works with Audessy someone told me.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back