Disappointed with RT3 as no surround effects except on Clear Voice

Please read the OP. Whatever equipment it is, it should behave. That's what I am asking for. Tell me what's wrong in it?
Here i have doubt about your TV/ Set-up box is the culprit which is not giving proper 5.1 output thru Arc/ Optical.May be some configuration issue or it is not capable of.
I assume from ur previous comments that same video/ Audio file is playing properly in your neighbour setup with 5.1 and that was checked with your neighbours soundbar only not with urs.
Since u dont have any other source,to conclude your sound bar is good , take your base unit( sub woofer) and two surround speakers alone ( connect optical or ARC and surround speakers in resp ports in ur base unit) and check it with your neighbour setup where HDMI ARC/ SETUP box / Optical is configured correctly as i understand from the previous post.

We can conclude something with this excercise.

Ps - imho this model won't support DTS files.Hope u are checking the proper audio selection which is capable to play by this speaker system. if your video file consists of multiaudio have a look that also

Last edited:
Please read the OP. Whatever equipment it is, it should behave. That's what I am asking for. Tell me what's wrong in it?
Unfortunately with clear audio plus only the two surround speakers work in my case too. However the center (inside soundbar) takes the major load. It is just a soundbar 5.1 HTIB. It has limitations. People praise it for its price and value for money as it's soundbar and sub woofer are good. Unfortunately the surround satelite speakers needs that clearaudio plus little tiny mustard sized button in the remote to be switched on. I am also thinking of going for a genuine HT system BUT this one is just about ok and it gives me time to accumulate money for the bigger hifi to be installed later when I have enough to flaunt on.

Here i have doubt about your TV/ Set-up box is the culprit which is not giving proper 5.1 output thru Arc/ Optical.May be some configuration issue or it is not capable of.
I assume from ur previous comments that same video/ Audio file is playing properly in your neighbour setup with 5.1 and that was checked with your neighbours soundbar only not with urs.
Since u dont have any other source,to conclude your sound bar is good , take your base unit( sub woofer) and two surround speakers alone ( connect optical or ARC and surround speakers in resp ports in ur base unit) and check it with your neighbour setup where HDMI ARC/ SETUP box / Optical is configured correctly as i understand from the previous post.

We can conclude something with this excercise.

Ps - imho this model won't support DTS files.Hope u are checking the proper audio selection which is capable to play by this speaker system. if your video file consists of multiaudio have a look that also
I have already opened a new thread asking help from FM having Tata Sky HD STB.

Unfortunately with clear audio plus only the two surround speakers work in my case too. However the center (inside soundbar) takes the major load. It is just a soundbar 5.1 HTIB. It has limitations. People praise it for its price and value for money as it's soundbar and sub woofer are good. Unfortunately the surround satelite speakers needs that clearaudio plus little tiny mustard sized button in the remote to be switched on. I am also thinking of going for a genuine HT system BUT this one is just about ok and it gives me time to accumulate money for the bigger hifi to be installed later when I have enough to flaunt on.

Yesterday I visited Sony showroom and showed my displeasure that RT3, once switched ON, shuts off, and when my TV is doing device search, cannot find it, and assigns STB as the only one with HDMI, this needs configuring again and again. I use TV only for 2-3 hours but the guys there asked me to keep both TV and RT3 on standby throughout the day, which is bad. IMO any equipment when put to On, should remain On, somehow Sony thinks otherwise.

It just happened that ONLY once, RT3 played 5.1 in Movie, Sports ... but then could not get it to repeat. Exploring all settings ...

Thanks @reachkalyan.kr for your inputs.

My neighbour went back to Gurugram so don't have access.

When once it worked, it sounded BEAUTIFUL, and I wondered why people go to Atmos, because my hall created that scene of thunder, rain, and all. I am just waiting for everything to settle ...

When once it worked, it sounded BEAUTIFUL, and I wondered why people go to Atmos, because my hall created that scene of thunder, rain, and all. I am just waiting for everything to settle ...
In case of mission impossible BGM or in helicopters roving scenes, it is good enough. But in some cases it is less than desirable.

Sound taste varies between persons, if you take a demo of original HT setup ( Denon or Marantz) then you will know the difference between soundbar and original 5.1 or 7.1 HT

I have already opened a new thread asking help from FM having Tata Sky HD STB.

Yesterday I visited Sony showroom and showed my displeasure that RT3, once switched ON, shuts off, and when my TV is doing device search, cannot find it, and assigns STB as the only one with HDMI, this needs configuring again and again. I use TV only for 2-3 hours but the guys there asked me to keep both TV and RT3 on standby throughout the day, which is bad. IMO any equipment when put to On, should remain On, somehow Sony thinks otherwise.

It just happened that ONLY once, RT3 played 5.1 in Movie, Sports ... but then could not get it to repeat. Exploring all settings ...

Thanks @reachkalyan.kr for your inputs.

My neighbour went back to Gurugram so don't have access.

"I wondered why people go to Atmos"
have a demo of dolby atmos in a well built home theater(not dolby atmos sound bars etc) then you will know why people are going after atmos
5.1 is a nearly 20y old tech dolby atmos will envelop you with sound

have a demo of dolby atmos in a well built home theater(not dolby atmos sound bars etc) then you will know why people are going after atmos
5.1 is a nearly 20y old tech dolby atmos will envelop you with sound
When you have hardly any content for 5.1, for Atmos there is even less.

I don't deny it is a matter of taste and likeness, plus there are many who want to spend large, even for any small benefit. To me, even this 20y old technology is sufficient to create the atmosphere I wanted, that too within budget.

I still feel if RT3 had included a tweeter, my experience would have enhanced as I sourly miss some high frequencies.

Sound taste varies between persons, if you take a demo of original HT setup ( Denon or Marantz) then you will know the difference between soundbar and original 5.1 or 7.1 HT
AFAIK, these are beyond my means plus have no serviceability, at least in Delhi. Which is a big minus for me.

(Any idea how to delete a post? I tried to edit the above one, include this, but failed)

AFAIK, these are beyond my means plus have no serviceability, at least in Delhi. Which is a big minus for me.

(Any idea how to delete a post? I tried to edit the above one, include this, but failed)
All movies after 2010 is in 5.1 format. Latest movies are in atmos. Delhi has many good AV service centre, try to get a demo then you will get the itch to switch over to HT setup.

Delhi has many good AV service centre, try to get a demo then you will get the itch to switch over to HT setup.
:cool: This is my last purchase, whatever shortcomings, I will accept it as the higher models (any brand) does not justify the price.

:cool: This is my last purchase, whatever shortcomings, I will accept it as the higher models (any brand) does not justify the price.
In future, when you are planning to upgrade, get a demo of HT setup. I presume it will happen soon as Sony RT3 wont satisfy you in 5.1 sound. It is just a powerful replacement for TV speakers.

there is a lot of atmos content releasing every week
atmos content is very easily available afaik dear FMs enlighten me if im wrong
if u r happy with what u have then thats the end of discussion

there is a lot of atmos content releasing every week
atmos content is very easily available afaik dear FMs enlighten me if im wrong
if u r happy with what u have then thats the end of discussion
Your both statements are correct

Budget also plays a big part in how far your desire can jump, I can't afford the next level. Moreover, as I said earlier, the music effects of rain, thunder overjoyed me. Don't think I will go for upgrade, ditching this system.

people are here who are satisfied with HTIB,2ch,sony hifi etc and there are also people here not satisfied with svs pb2000,polk rti a7(thats me lol)
and other high end music system, this hobby is a rabbit hole will eventually pull you into it
i am really happy you are content brother
as far as your question can u try a media player or pc as input source and try bitstreaming audio

There are two things: 1. Hobby and, 2. Itch
For the first, there is no end and people go long way to satisfy.

Itch, especially for those who have bags full of money, and want to buy the latest, immaterial whether they understand the benefit or not.

I have nothing against both, its their money and time.

I remember using the radio many decades ago, with only one speaker and it used to sound nice, then the stereo and was overjoyed. I also used turntable, first with ceramic and then diamond stylus, which was five times costlier than the former. However there was no discernible difference, other than the satisfaction that now I listen through diamond stylus.

A decade ago, my friend purchased a Philips system, supposedly having Total Harmonic Distortion < 10%, he was overjoyed ... then he read that human ears are beyond detecting them. He discarded, all enthusiasm died.

Having a good system is not enough, you also need perfect acoustics. I saw an FM showing his setup, having a glass window, which simply kills the ambience. Most of the subs I saw, their cabinets vibrate too, which is incorrect. But who goes into these details? The erstwhile radios, were made of bakelite with an inch thick wooden baffle for speaker. Only the cone vibrated not the cabinet, produced beautiful sound.

At Nehru Science fair (some decades ago), at Trimurti Bhawan, I saw exceptional photos clicked from a pin-hole camera, which even the Nikon could not shoot. Most people buy to show their money power, thinking that the camera would shoot the best pics.

Itch, especially for those who have bags full of money, and want to buy the latest, immaterial whether they understand the benefit or not.

I remember using the radio many decades ago, with only one speaker and it used to sound nice, then the stereo and was overjoyed. I also used turntable, first with ceramic and then diamond stylus, which was five times costlier than the former. However there was no discernible difference, other than the satisfaction that now I listen through diamond stylus.

A decade ago, my friend purchased a Philips system, supposedly having Total Harmonic Distortion < 10%, he was overjoyed ... then he read that human ears are beyond detecting them. He discarded, all enthusiasm died.

Having a good system is not enough, you also need perfect acoustics. I saw an FM showing his setup, having a glass window, which simply kills the ambience. Most of the subs I saw, their cabinets vibrate too, which is incorrect. But who goes into these details? The erstwhile radios, were made of bakelite with an inch thick wooden baffle for speaker. Only the cone vibrated not the cabinet, produced beautiful sound.

At Nehru Science fair (some decades ago), at Trimurti Bhawan, I saw exceptional photos clicked from a pin-hole camera, which even the Nikon could not shoot. Most people buy to show their money power, thinking that the camera would shoot the best pics.
Sometimes technology is boon or is another marketing trick. Our decision change as we mature and can see the difference between bane or boon.

Agree with you on many points.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back