Disappointed with RT3 as no surround effects except on Clear Voice

All very interesting as I had rt3 as my top pick as the sound bar for my bedroom 65" lg tv.
But resisted buying as the reviews were mixed.
The room is just 12 x 12 and the major requirement is voice clarity.
Sitting 8' from the tv , the dialogues are not very clear with the lg having a bass heavy output , even in clear voice setting.
Sitting 4' away , the dialogue is clear.
Presently use a small bluetooth speaker for the dialogues but this is a stop gap .

So where did chulbulee finally end up ?

Persisting with the rt3 with all its shortcomings or shifted to a surround sound ?

How are people with similar TV's in their bedrooms managing ?

Two times it got repaired. Just serves the purpose if Blue Ray movies are played. With ott platform only some movies play the satelite speakers and mostly the center speaker(sound bar) plays it. With blue ray content, I would say it is value for money as even without the clearvoice+ the two speakers outside of the soundbar turns in and it is clearly better than a 2.1 channel soundbar. The other alternatives are priced at Rs.30000 (Yamaha 1820 htib) atleast or about 90000 (elac cinema 5.1 speakers set plus a Denon 250BT avr). So I don't know what to say about HTRT3. Initially it was really great but my ears now want more.

So where did chulbulee finally end up ?

Persisting with RT3, as its a new purchase and my limit too.

Problem is the one with everything electronic. Like PC not detecting printer on USB or bluetooth not identifying nearby speaker ...

My LG sometimes detects the HDMI and otherwise not. While using bluetooth, the 5.1 effect is gone, power output is around 10-15% only. LG says our TV is giving output, Sony says our system is OK. Don't know whom to blame. Decade old technology yet connectivity is a prolem

Problem is the one with everything electronic. Like PC not detecting printer on USB or bluetooth not identifying nearby speaker ...

My LG sometimes detects the HDMI and otherwise not. While using bluetooth, the 5.1 effect is gone, power output is around 10-15% only. LG says our TV is giving output, Sony says our system is OK. Don't know whom to blame. Decade old technology yet connectivity is a prolem
Did u try optical (toslink) - that is quite stable than hdmi. And that's enough for HTRT3 standards. You won't miss hdmi. For me the optical provided the solution for 6 months almost after which my wife while cleaning broke the pin by mistake and I have been using hdmi ever since which now works!!

Though not a permanent solution to the bug, have you tried manually selecting your receiver on the LG's "sound out" menu whenever it has refused to detect it?

Though not a permanent solution to the bug, have you tried manually selecting your receiver on the LG's "sound out" menu whenever it has refused to detect it?
On input sources it says "Sony detected" but in output I can only select ARC mode, but then no sound appears.

Some FM told me that Toslink has very less bandwidth and works for 2.1. I wont mind using it if solves the problem.
Toslink gives 5.1 but dts and Dolby digital Plus won't output. It will have surrounds working and frankly speaking for this product only marginal difference between optical and hdmi.

Toslink gives 5.1 but dts and Dolby digital Plus won't output. It will have surrounds working and frankly speaking for this product only marginal difference between optical and hdmi.
with optical out, you can get dts and dolby digital plus. But not DTS HD or Dolby Digital True HD

I changed the HDMI cable today (replaced it randomly with another HDMI cable that I had bought for a 2.1 channel soundbar for hall tv) and suddenly the two satelite speakers start playing all music and audio. Although I don't understand how it automatically started playing surround.....

I am sorry guys, I am a dumb dodo and do not understand how it changed all of a sudden?????!!!!!!! ))))

I am a dumb dodo and do not understand how it changed all of a sudden?????!!!!!!! ))))
Even after 3 decades using computers, I never understood why and how it happens. My laptop has 5 installations (Xp, 7, 10 11, Linux) yet my HP laser printer refuses to connect to 10 & 11 but all of a sudden works in 7. A pendrive works in Linux but not in Win. Next morning reverse happens. Maybe some FM may enlighten us. Yes, I am asking for "Gyan ..."

Even blue ray movies content sometimes do not output sound to the rear satellite speakers. Changing hdmi cables temperorily worked but again back to square one. I tried all settings change but it seems the inbuilt amp is not channeling the sound properly. The Soundbar comprising of lcr and subwoofer only gets the throw. The optical slot input pin at RT3 end is broken and so no other way around to get surround effect. PS4 games sometimes throws sound from the extra channels but rarely.

Here is where AVR plus surround sound by good speakers setup scores over these sub Rs.25000 alternatives I think. But the soundbar plus subwoofer gives enough sound, more than the TV's volume. Just that the satelites are vestigeal most of the times.

Very excited buying Sony RT3, but disappointed on the surround channels performance. I ran Dolby Atmos and other Dolby surround files downloaded from their website, and tried different modes like Movie, Sports, Music but the surround speakers are shut off, except on Clear Voice. IDK what people listen and give so many positive reviews, probably only look at the bass and get overjoyed.
Hey bro
i m using rt3 and i get surround sound rear speakers always on. i always keep sound mode movie. Go to menu button on remote. 2nd option is placement. select rear speakers placement as front. u will get surround sound rear speakers always active.

Hey bro
i m using rt3 and i get surround sound rear speakers always on. i always keep sound mode movie. Go to menu button on remote. 2nd option is placement. select rear speakers placement as front. u will get surround sound rear speakers always active.
How’s your experience been with the RT3?
I’m planning buying a home theatre for 30-35k max, although some may believe decent HTs would cost upwards of 50-60k. However, that’s my budget and I’m already overstretched with a 65” LG G2 purchase.
The system’s gonna be placed in a hall 16x13 ft. I did shortlist the RT3, S40 and the S500 and was more inclined on the S500 because I’m told it’s rear wired speakers would sound better than the S40’s. However, the S40’s output seems more than capable as I don’t plan to amp the thing in annoy my neighbours.
Also, would you recommend to rather wait on a HT and make do with the screen speakers or use a basic blaupunkt sound bar purchased last year?
Even later, I’ll mostly have a 5.1 setup max for some decent surround sound while watching movies and OTT content.

When first installed, the HTRT3 performs real good. Example, a punch in Netflix logo intro jingle will be as good as an Amp with 5 speakers and a sub. But overtime the rear satellites do not work in tandem or synergy to the bar and sub even though if you use them modifying its wire output as speaker out, in other Amp set up, they work perfectly (maybe as good as some cheap speakers pair but not as good as bookshelves). So the Big mystery is why it plays hide and seek? Read through this thread and you will find some answers.

When first installed, the HTRT3 performs real good. Example, a punch in Netflix logo intro jingle will be as good as an Amp with 5 speakers and a sub. But overtime the rear satellites do not work in tandem or synergy to the bar and sub even though if you use them modifying its wire output as speaker out, in other Amp set up, they work perfectly (maybe as good as some cheap speakers pair but not as good as bookshelves). So the Big mystery is why it plays hide and seek? Read through this thread and you will find some answers.
As @Preet3366 suggested, would selecting the rear speakers as “front” solve the issue? I did go through the thread and there were mixed reviews.
Would you recommend going for the S20, S40 or even the S500? My local seller is offering the S500 for 29k which is a decent price.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back