DIY build Help - Pocket hole Drill Jig for woodworking

tma

In search for purchasing a Pocket Hole drill jig to be used for wood working using power drills.

Where is it available / Any shops in bangalore?
Any info on the typical pricing would also help.

I am talking about something that can do this:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFSipOmDMzIb6lG1HvUxe-G0WXjVwtyzsEGMqZSotNq3wNpp6v6w

Typically it looks like this:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBylGXQ4-rmQnMXJnK-Tius_CPEFc67NnJcUgIhWYc0hbf8itkzQ
or
Kreg Pocket Hole Jig System

Can any DIY gurus on this forum please help?

Hi,

SP road is your best bet in my opinion. I haven't seen the same assortment and
variety all in a 1KM stretch as that place. You have the option of bargaining - "but XX is offering that for Rs.123 and so on :)

Others may have more information.

Had a quick look in SP Road - everybody was surprised at the term 'pocket hole'! - no luck here.. still searching...

I can currently see an option for getting this would be from Amazon.com.
Hope junglee.com comes out of beta soon....

Any other options are awaited..

Just ordered it yesterday from amazon(Junglee.com: Kreg Jig K4 Pocket Hole System). Kreg is the best you can get. Last month i spend around 60K to buy all the woodworking tools from Bosch. I bought it to do my kitchen cabinets at home. Finished it in two weeks and now starting to work on the Speaker builds and home furnitures. I am not new to carpentry which have learned it at my school.

Can you please tell me what are you planning to build?

Pocket holes are used by cabinet makers that are in a hurry, or need frequently to breakdown the piece to move it. The use of screws does not make a very strong joint, and while the screw heads can often be hidden, they really spoil the look of a fine wood cabinet.

Pro's use Festool (German) portable tools in their shop. They are very expensive, but if you want to do excellent joinery without using 500 year old technology, The Domino is a great system. Imagine a speaker cabinet with strong, tight, all wood joints. Have a look and watch the video.

574432, Festool Domino Joiner DF 500 Q Set T-Loc | Beaver Tools Network

Indian dealers inflate prices to the moon, and provide scant support. It is better to import from the UK. Festool is often sold on Amazon and Ebay. Used units on Ebay bring nearly the same price as new because the tools are such high quality.

@Sudhishkv: I am practically in the same route you are travelling :) - you would be a bit ahead than me as I am currently planning on my kitchen woodwork and latter as a hobby to tinker with woodworking projects at home..

Given the 3-5lacs or so being quoted for a decent modular kitchen, I think it would be a better value for money going in the diy route all though one has to spend a good amount of time and effort in geting all the aspects right.

Would also be glad to get some heads up from you if possible on your experiences on this aspect and also your feedback on the K4 when it arrives...

@Sudhishkv: Have you got your order delivered? Awaiting your 'review' and feedback on the K4 before booking one of my own..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back