DIY - My First HTPC

Really cool cabinet man... Congrats on ur built... Btw where did u source the cabinet from & for how much... Also does the thing that looks like a volume knob in the front actually work???

Really cool cabinet man... Congrats on ur built... Btw where did u source the cabinet from & for how much... Also does the thing that looks like a volume knob in the front actually work???

thanks Rajadeep......for the cabinet..........uff.....really it was very tuff to find good HTPC cabinet........called so many vendors....Mumbai / Chennai / Blore......went to SP Road but no luck.......finaly took it somehow from Blore itslef.....thanks to Baiju as he is having the same cabinet and provided a vendor name who is not very well known and he was also not having the cabinet but somehow managed to get that :yahoo:

I was getting this cabinet is chennai also but i saved Rs. 500 by ordering locally as saved courier charges :p

Volume knob should work but as i wrote in my previous post i still haven't used as mini HDMI to normal HDMI connector needed to get display......going to local courier office as that is very close to my home and if its there then next experiments / testing started :-D

Last edited:
YPS, congratulations on your htpc build.

The antec fusion remote htpc cabinet is infact a very beautiful cabinet. Together with the LCD display and the front silver colored aluminum panel, it will look stunning in any HT setup. The fusion black cabinet is not available, but I like the silver one. From the front the cabinet may look small, but it is actually a bigger cabinet both in size and weight. It supports full height GPU, one dvd rom and two hdd. With some DIY one can attach more hdds as the cabinet is roomy. It also comes with two exhaust fans the speed of which may be controlled using a 3 position switch. At the lowest speed, the cabinet is ultra silent. The cabinet is actually made with the concept of keeping your htpc cool. The inside of the cabinet is divided into three cabins to separate the components - one for motherboard, one for psu and dvd, and the last one for hdd. For hdd, special screws with silicon grommets are provided to reduce vibration. The front lcd panel will display a lot of information and it also comes with an inbuilt ir receiver and remote control. Unfortunately the remote control is just crap, it is very sluggish and unresponsive, details of which are plenty available in many forums. But one can use mce remote instead. While the volume knob can control volume of the system or application, it is not of much use just like our AVR volume knobs.

Guys......I am facing issue with display i don't know what on TV i am seeing small white dots and while running XBMC they inceases a lot..although TataSky on TV through AMP is working fine......i tried replacing the HDMI cable but issue not resolved....even i connected TV directly to HTPC but same issue......seems issue with mini hdmi connector ? Don't know what is the issue......... :sad:

posting issue here as its better to have as many eyes / minds we can have to resolve the issue.

thanks
YP

Guys......I am facing issue with display i don't know what on TV i am seeing small white dots and while running XBMC they inceases a lot..although TataSky on TV through AMP is working fine......i tried replacing the HDMI cable but issue not resolved....even i connected TV directly to HTPC but same issue......seems issue with mini hdmi connector ? Don't know what is the issue......... :sad:

posting issue here as its better to have as many eyes / minds we can have to resolve the issue.

thanks
YP

I think there were no white dots when it was connected initially to my tv directly. So I think the only difference in your connection is the mini hdmi plug. Just check this thing out.

Thanks

Hello Guys.....I am little late to update my Thread as I ordered my GPU from eBay, my GPU is having mini HDMI port but Mini HDMI adapter was not there in the GPU pack....... :rolleyes: so I ordered immediately once i got to know this is required :D again through eBay.....although later on I checked and found that GPU Vendor should be providing the Mini Adapter so given him negative feedback on eBay and he came back with all the details and agreed that he will be providing the same :eek:hyeah: (Power of Feedback on eBay) :eek:hyeah:

The Issue i mentioned in my last post fixed almost 95% and the reason for the same was that I was setting resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz in nvidia control panel....there were too many small snow kind of dots flying here and there..But after changing this to 1600 x 1200 now the dots are reduced by almost 95% but i can still see some of them, maybe because I know there was problem so I am able to notice....other ppl might not notice ;)
Strange for me as my Samsung 40D5500RR LED TV is Full HD, donno why this is happening..... :rolleyes:

Anyways now I have almost fixed this and for another 5% issue I will keep doing R&D to see if I ll be able to fix this issue :p

XBMC is awesome....no doubt....but for me there is a lot to xplore and do :eek:hyeah:

Once again thanks to Baiju & Manniraj. :)

Now my HT with HTPC setup is completed so time for Photo Session :yahoo:

Hi Rajadeep......Checked.....and Yes Volume Knob Works :D

Now my HT with HTPC setup is completed so time for Photo Session :yahoo:

Waiting for more images. I hope to start a new thread on my htpc build next week once I reach home.

Edit - Didn't see that you just posted new images. Awesome pics. The htpc will be the center of attraction. I love the silver color. You need to invest in a logitech urc also.

Last edited:
congrats YPS. Can you post what all info the LCD display shows and can you customize it?

congrats YPS. Can you post what all info the LCD display shows and can you customize it?

Even though the question is aimed at YPS, let me explain the LCD features as I also have the same htpc case. The LCD can display information like system configuration, drive capacity, news feeds etc. With media playback softwares, it will display name of album, song, artist etc. For xbmc support, a third party application xbmconimon.exe can be used.

Althoug Baiju have already provided the information.....I am just adding few more......customization afaik is not possible rightnow (Correct me Baiju if I am wrong). It displayes about :-

1. OS
2. CPU
3. RAM (Used / Unsed)
4. HDD (Used / Unsed)
5. Username
6. Weather Info (As per your city selection and you can select more than one city also)
7. Date
8. Time
9. XBMC (I saw once written XBMC, need to explorer more for me that what all info comes from there)
10. CPU utilization
11. Volume bar will be displayed while + or -
12. Mute / Unmute
13. Latest News Feeds

Rest I ll check and let you know...don't remember :p as its new and I haven't used it for even 10 hours :D but Baiju is already using this.......

can the lcd be tweaked to display file explorer so that tv can be turned off while music mode?

can the lcd be tweaked to display file explorer so that tv can be turned off while music mode?

I am not sure about the file explorer option. But with the help of 'xbmc on imon' the lcd display can be used to browse your library without turning tv on. It will display the name of the xbmc menu or window or file name that is currently highlighted.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back