DIY - My First HTPC

Always wondered if a small factor PC like the car PC can be built with a touch screen display with good soundcard. Will be a greatly convenient music PC.. And should fit most racks :)

Intel site provides away to custom make your mobos like mini DTX etc which are very small form factor but pricey though 150 USD +. Not sure if they support single piece sale. But looking at the options I think it works for soemone looking for mini form factor PC

Embedded Board Planner

Re: DIY - My First HTPC (Never Ending Problems)

Strange for me as my Samsung 40D5500RR LED TV is Full HD, donno why this is happening..... :rolleyes:

Anyways now I have almost fixed this and for another 5% issue I will keep doing R&D to see if I ll be able to fix this issue :p

Guys........Snow dotpart issue is resolved :yahoo: and unbelievable that it was because of that tiny Mini HDMI adapter.....so after changing the adapter now there are no snow dots......:clapping:

But seems problems are never ending for me so got new problem now.... :sad:

now when i am playing movies i am getting below kind of display it is not continuously but its not very less too......i tried to do some mspaint job so that i can explain my problem :p :eek:hyeah:

Error.jpg

Also this problem I am facing in XBMC only i think......as i tried Windows Media Center with the same movies / scenes but there was no issue but PQ / SQ wasn't that dynamic which was there in XBMC.

thanks
YP

As you had mentioned that the resolution was 1600x1200 in xbmc try changing now to the original one with your TV 1920x1080p and see the result as the snow dots have disappeared.

Thanks

As you had mentioned that the resolution was 1600x1200 in xbmc try changing now to the original one with your TV 1920x1080p and see the result as the snow dots have disappeared.

Thanks

Hi Manniraj,

I have already changed that in XBMC....

Also try official Xbmc eden 11.0 instead of the patched hd version.

I am using the dharma + hd audio patch version without any issues, so not sure whether the version does make a diff. But trying it out make sense. I think there is a version of eden 11.0 with hd audio support. May be he can try the same.

Thanks

Guys......Please share the link for Eden 11 with HD Audio.........also if i ll uninstall current XBMC my library details will be removed too ? Like Movie info, pics etc ?

Also as per XBMC forum, Eden is keep crashing??

Last edited:
Last edited:
There is no separate xbmc version for 32 bit and 64 bit. It will work fine in 64 bit. No need to uninstall the current version. Just install it to the current xbmc folder. Library will be upgraded to the latest version automatically.

Update on my issue....... ;)

I made few changes (Don't remember what all :p) but now seems problem is resolved :yahoo:

I watched 2-3 movies and there was no problem at all :clapping:

thanks guys for your support........

Also I registered my Zotac GT 440 with Zotac website and got free extended warranty from 3 Years to 5 Years :yahoo:

now all concentration on understanding / configuring XBMC :D

Don't know when i ll start watching movies movies like before :eek:hyeah: as now days only busy with throubleshooting or tuning :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
now all concentration on understanding / configuring XBMC :D

Don't know when i ll start watching movies movies like before :eek:hyeah: as now days only busy with throubleshooting or tuning :eek:hyeah:

This is the fun part of assembling HTPC. Everyday you learn a new thing or two.

This is the fun part of assembling HTPC. Everyday you learn a new thing or two.

I think we need a dedicated XBMC setup thread in HFV :licklips:

Baiju you are using that since longtime why don't you start that, it will help us :eek:hyeah:

thanks
YP

I think we need a dedicated XBMC setup thread in HFV :licklips:

Baiju you are using that since longtime why don't you start that, it will help us :eek:hyeah:

thanks
YP

I intend to start my new htpc thread where I will post my xbmc setup and settings.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back