DIY - My First HTPC

YPS

Hello Guys,

Finally after surfing lot of forums and discussing with few of our Forum Members I have finalized to build the HTPC by my own. :yahoo:

(thanks a lot to our FM Manniraj & Baiju Xaviour) :signthankspin:

Below is the configuration of my HTPC (No Gmaing Only Movies).

1. ASUS M5A78L-M LX Motherboard
2. AMD 3.2 GHz AM3 Athlon II 260 Processor
3. Zotac NVIDIA Geforce GT440 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card (Why This? Might Add 3D TV / Projector soon :yahoo:)
4. Cooler Master CM 350 Plus
5. G.Skill 4 GB DDR3 RAM
6. Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD internal
7. Antec Fusion Remote Black
8. HP-MCE

It was really very hard to find a good HTPC cabinet, my budget was not for Antec Fusion Remote :licklips: but didn't get any better option so took that. Al though was looking for black but got silver.....but I am ok with that. :eek:hyeah:

Will be posting the pics by tomm (if got time from HTPC :p)

Thanks
YP

Hi, can you please tell me about HP MCE remote? Whats the cost? Can it be used with netbook? How to get it?

Hi, can you please tell me about HP MCE remote? Whats the cost? Can it be used with netbook? How to get it?

He is using an HP MCE remote which I sold to him. It was imported from ebay uk. The prices have gone up. It will cost 1.5K to 2K for the remote and IR receiver. Many brands are available in ebay.com and most of the sellers are based in Honglonk, who ship worldwide. Or you can import it via shopabroadonline.com or aramex etc. It can be used with netbook also. A variety of softwares can be controlled using mce remote as it sends keyboard shortcuts which can be configured according to your need.

I don't think these are locally available. In ebay india there are some pc remotes for around Rs.750/-. But these are not configurable unlike mce remotes. If you are interested, I have an unused IR receiver of mce remote which can be used with a universal remote like logitech. You can also use other remotes like dvd remote with the help of a software 'eventghost'.

I am interested but will need huge guidance. I need to use it with Marantz remote. I will be happy even if only play, pause, prev and next button works. Will send u PM. Let me not hijack this thread.

I'm sure now his pocket is almost empty and so is mine too;):sad::sad::D.

You are correct Baiju :eek:hyeah:

I need to file bankruptcy becuase of HFV :D

But I am Happy too :yahoo: :eek:hyeah: :clapping: :yahoo:

Any Yes How can i forget to mention..........My Wife said She will Shoot Me at Site if she will see if surfing HFV or buying any more HT equipment online / offline......:p :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Guys........My HTPC is buit now:yahoo: but I cannot switch this on as of now because GPU i brough from ebay have mini HDMI and i have normal HDMI.....Dealer should have included that as per description but it wasn't there so contact him and he ll be sending that but i have no clue when he ll send that.....so ordered connector from eBay again and expecting that to deliver today (Don't know if it will be delivered today or not as shipped yesterday from Mumbai..keep following up since morning with courier ppl and asking them to deliver today as tomm is sunday :eek:hyeah: knowing that its still in transit.....anyways installation was done using Maniraj,s (FM) cable .....so utilizing the time and collecting more and more movies with good PQ / SQ :eek:hyeah:

Here are some pics of during the installation.....although i though to take more but during build phase forget that i have to take pictures also :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Next Pics upload once I hooked up my HTPC to my AMP :eek:hyeah: .....any Yes cabinet is looking Awesome :licklips: to me.......will be perfecto when sitted next to my Yamaha RX - v671 :clapping:

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back