DIY Shielded IEC Power Cord

it is not clear in the photo. The earth pin was taken from a regular Indian plug and it a little longer than the other two pins and fits perfectly in the typical indian socket.
Not only length, the diameter also should be larger for earth pin so it does not go into L socket. Even distance between each pin is also different. Don't know how the juggads will fit properly in an Indian socket.

See below for a comparison..

EU plug and IS to UK adaptor we carry when we travel to India. Earth of IS plug is fatter and longer while L and N are near about same.

I would not use such juggads come what may. Even with proper adaptor had a near fire in my kitchen.

Use proper electrical components.. Electricity is a friend when treated properly OR DEADLY. Just 100 -150 mA through you and you are fried.
PXL_20221108_153157050.jpg

Not only length, the diameter also should be larger for earth pin so it does not go into L socket. Even distance between each pin is also different. Don't know how the juggads will fit properly in an Indian socket
Your are correct, but nowadays it is a standard where sockets accept both thicker and thinner earth pins and it is absolutely safe.
This is not only for extension boxes but also for panels at home.

IMG_20221108_214117016.jpg

Your are correct, but nowadays it is a standard where sockets accept both thicker and thinner earth pins and it is absolutely safe.
This is not only for extension boxes but also for panels at home.

View attachment 73036
These are multi standard sockets. The thinner socket is for the Earth of US plugs with vertical L & N. The large vertical rectangular Earth is for UK with horizontal and rectangular L & N, Australian earth is vertical smaller rectangle and slanted blades for L & N. IS is the large round earth and thinner round L & N. No EU on it.

Whatever, these sockets would not pass any electrical standards.

Your safety is in your hands :)

SCHAFFNER makes good emi filters for the medical industry. They are good and even have the values of the inductors and capacitors used. e.g.

Indian manufacturers hide the value of components used inside. I use a few made by a company named elcom inside my diy amps. They look like the image below. https://elcom-in.com/emi-rfi-filters/

View attachment 73034
I use elcom too. Pretty standard stuff(no failures yet) and its the first thing offered when you ask for filters in lamington road shops.
I have used both single and dual stage ones but in line level applications(preamps, buffers, headphone amps). Didnt find any audible difference. Some babble on forums about dual stage or high current rated pieces to be avoided to retain dynamics.

Your thoughts ?

Looks like schaffner is worth a try.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back