Diy Speakers :Required Low pass filter .

vardesh

Hi,

I require a low pass or 2 way Filter for my diy speaker Project.Bcoz i am looking out for low and high pass filter here in Mumbai.I just wanted to know does Part Express ships to india.

Any source/shop or website which ships here in Mumbai.

Thx.

Active LPF ,some easy ckt here
image002.gif

Low pass filter - Subwoofer - circuit diagrams, schematics, electronic projects

for pcb just get a 555 timer pcb from vagakit and modify !!!

Thank You for reply .

I am looking out for readily available option.Looking out for availability in Mumbai for 2 way speakers..

I got one from local kit stores, called sub-woofer kit. It has low pass buffer with frequency adjust with trimmer. cost 100Rs with only assembled PCB.

Try Lamington road.

local kit surely have cap leaking already or in a few months...inductors made of ultra-non pure copper if there and wobbling carbon resistors ,
please dont insult that peerless with these . The filters will be forcibly operated beyond recommended range causing distortion ...
some 2 Rs op-amp or .25Rs transistors .. ic op amp is 741 it is holy crap
spend half day for the build ,itz really worth it .

Last edited:
local kit surely have cap leaking already or in a few months...inductors made of ultra-non pure copper if there and wobbling carbon resistors ,
please dont insult that peerless with these . The filters will be forcibly operated beyond recommended range causing distortion ...
some 2 Rs op-amp or .25Rs transistors .. ic op amp is 741 it is holy crap
spend half day for the build ,itz really worth it .

Sir, look at the PCB (basic idea only). Copy it on FR4 material. Buy components of your liking from online site. Put everything together. Though 1%, 1/4W MFR will cost you 0.30Rs, OPAMP at 2-500Rs each depending upon choice. Gold plated IC sockets ~30-80Rs each.

Even I do same way. Find a circuit - look for its pros and cons on different forums. Seek modifications and review after those proposed modifications - you are done.

BTW for modules there are many like this.

Last edited:
Sir, look at the PCB (basic idea only). Copy it on FR4 material. Buy components of your liking from online site. Put everything together. Though 1%, 1/4W MFR will cost you 0.30Rs, OPAMP at 2-500Rs each depending upon choice. Gold plated IC sockets ~30-80Rs each.

Even I do same way. Find a circuit - look for its pros and cons on different forums. Seek modifications and review after those proposed modifications - you are done.

BTW for modules there are many like this.
I never meant to say your build is flawed,just told not to take low cost boards
and use directly.

I never meant to say your build is flawed,just told not to take low cost boards and use directly.
Sure! no problem. I wanted to tell him source of good kit. I think my message did not convey correct message. Sorry about that. Rather, we need to find out something good solution for OP or forum member, please come for the help.

Hi,
Thx for reply.i would like go with readily available ones as per my specs.I have no idea whether Part express ships them to india.

Vardesh,

Are you looking for an active (electronic - will require a transformer, power supply and a separate box) or passive with capacitors, resistors etc...

Sorry but the posts are not clear.

If you were to do passive, I think Madisound will design, build & ship here, should not be a problem. Visit your local ATM a couple of times before placing the order :)

OR

skip the ATM trip, get a design and make one. Beauty knows no pain, the damn passive goes " INTO " the speaker, so you can BS to your friends all you want and they'll believe your Rs 30K x-over, cause the one you made (for Rs 5K) has 95% of the same sound.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

Hi,
I have directly connected the woofer to amp , but it not sounding good .Can anyone share a simple diy idea for low pass filter .

add an inductor in series and capacitor in parallel, calculate the values according to the lpf point desired.

Thx for reply.I have 8inch peerles (8 ohm) driver.i will use it with norge 2060 amp.Any help on values .

you need a low pass for the woofer and a high pass for the tweeter, thats a full crossover. You are making a 2 way speaker right? You need the t/s parameters for the drivers to identify the crossover point.

8" drivers rarely mate with a tweeter well enough for a two way, unless the drivers were chosen very carefully, there is a very good chance they wont. Your woofer will end before the tweeter can even begin leaving a hole in the frequency response.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back