DIY : Transmission Line Speakers.

Hi,
thanks..
yes i agree that the location of the tweeter could have been a little closer to the woofer. But this was my first try... would probably do some "trial and error" in my next build.
But, the frequency response as a whole is more or less like as if it was from a point source, again i will try out different positions and different drivers as well in the future.
Thanks for the input.

Great finish and build quality. Am sure they also would be sounding good.

Just asking out of curiosity, why is the distance between woofer and tweeter so huge. Won't they suffer from integration issues with 2 point source. As per my knowledge the distance between woofer and tweeter should be as minimum as practically possible so that the vocals / instrument appear to be from a single point source and not distinct. That's one of the reason why many prefer a full-range driver as the entire sound is coming from one point source.

hi,

The space on the sides of the looks panel, is just for the looks :) no specific reason.
Yes, frankly the tweeter was placed in an ad-hoc location, never the less, the frequency response is rather continuous than discrete.

Yes, i can post the schematic design, it is a first order butterworth filter. i will draw it out and post. Although i feel that there is some tweeking necessary in the high pass network.

why is the tweeter recessed? Why have you left space on the sides of the 'looks' panel. as hari said, tweeter should be close to the woofer. I guess since you adapted from a full range design, you placed the tweeter in an ad-hoc location. can you post the xo schematic.

Went thru the pics album just now.
SUPER ... would be an understatement ... :clapping:
Where are you in Delhi? Got to give 'yours' a hear! Hopefully, in South Delhi, then there shan't be any ifs and buts from me ... :p

Hi,
thanks for the compliment :)

BTW, would you be there at the Audiophile Meet in january ?

Went thru the pics album just now.
SUPER ... would be an understatement ... :clapping:
Where are you in Delhi? Got to give 'yours' a hear! Hopefully, in South Delhi, then there shan't be any ifs and buts from me ... :p

I'm really glad that you guys are looking forward to hearing these.

I'm actually hoping to get an opportunity to try the speakers with different amps and see how they respond in different setups.

Awesome and I have been looking forward to hearing about these beauties right from when I saw pranavkumar on the NCR meetup list.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back