DIY tube buffer

what is a tube buffer btw? Why we need that in the chain. Is it same as pre amp?
Thanks.
Some where i found impedance matching etc ...
Ok. I followed my own advice and find this High End Class A tube buffer 6DJ8/6922/6N11 assembled - eBay (item 120474670989 end time Nov-27-09 08:21:58 PST)
Looks very good. Should be enough to get you going. Ships from Hong Kong so will reach India safe and cheap.

The kit looks simple... for people who want hassle free builds ordering with transformer is recommended ,about 100$ incl shipping.

Just my thoughts:
It wont be difficult to get the schematic for the same kit .

That kit uses BC capacitors all available in Delhi Lajpat Rai Market I used to source from there few years back.
Resistors i have links here...i know about the capacitor charge pump circuits ..used with tube circuits ..
Mr.Valve brothers needed to be sourced either from ebay or locally.

I had a closer look now.
1. This product seems to use a fairly generic cascade buffer design. Thats a good sign.
2. It can be tweaked easily and my 1st target will be the voltage doubler PSU
3. It comes with tubes. You dont need to order them rightaway. That is for tube rolling at a later stage and thats another fine stage ;)
4. Dont order that transformer. It seems to use a standard 12V mains transformer. Can be easily had in the local market. Save some money on the purchase and shipping cost.

transformer is a military grade type (looks like ,seen some ebay ppl claim), but 12v E n I locally will do reasonably good job for now .

Any recommendations ?

during my engineering i showed people how to hold a live mains wire at the third floor of my hostel ..
Now we are even more concerned.
:) Enjoy your DIY but take care bro.

hitensitapara,

"-do not try at home-"
scene was like this .. 3rd floor...with normal chappal on feet

funda is like this if 230v wire if you hold tight single wire (not both) ,it wil not give 'zor ka zhatka' (shock ) many tried it ..all fun filled college days..!
"even then repeating :no one should try it "

it is the current that gives shock to you... when you hold tight the area of contact is more so bearable for few seconds !

As for normal build of circuits,if you know what precautions you need to take ... nothing will happen..

one major caution:
dont wear a chain during the build..
while checking the live kit, metal chain may give a lethal shock to the lower brain if it touches HV.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back