Do you know about the new legislation on free internet, SOPA

So is it the end of file sharing? Already a dozen sites are taken down or they have taken measures to restrict access to own files.
If this enforcement is on forever, then we can expect lot of implications:

- millions of pages and links will be rendered useless
- premimum subscribers lose their money if their objective was to download from links
- people can no more earn by referral sharing
- new techniques of file sharing may come up or it may go underground
- torrents will become much, much more active
- media companies will become more agressive in circulating fake torrents
- original media sales will improve and the industry will see more profit
- media player sales may slightly dip and more blu-ray players may be sold
- if the media companies are not too greedy, following the increase in demand, CD/ DVD/ BD should become cheaper.
- people going to theatre, well I do not think the numbers will change much

I am hopeful that this is not a symptom of the World coming to an end in 2012. :eek:hyeah:

Some torrent sites have already started giving magnet links instead of torrent files to avoid prosecution.

50 rs for MI4??? I bet still 90% of people wont spend even a penny extra for content, Yahoo movies, hungama, bigflix are having a tough time trying to make money on internet vod.......

US legislators got more than an earful from people against the legislation. So much so that leaders have withdrawn the bill from voting in congress.

As a content producer I do feel that piracy is a problem. The solution is not to deny freedom of people that are not involved in the piracy.

Just as the world came together to deal with pirates on the high seas, there needs to be a consensus that digital pirates should have no safe heaven.

There is a cost to everyone for the file sharing that goes on the Internet now. That is the use of bandwidth for distributing pirated feature films. Everyone who pays for Internet access pays the bill for this.

I have no argument with a Grandma who buys a Blu-ray of Winnie the Pooh in Chennai and sends it digitally to grandkids in New Delhi (what was wrong with old Delhi that they needed a new one?), however, I would not want her to share it with everyone's grandkids.

The answer is not to deny people their right to use the Internet. The solution should lie with laws that allow police to do their job and stop the pirates.

There needs to be some adjustment to the penalties too. Currently if you download Michael Jackson's music you can be jailed for five years. If you kill Michael Jackson you get four years in jail. A fine of Rs 5000 might be more just for people downloading content.

My own industry could stop a lot of the piracy by pricing it reasonable enough that people would not steal it. If it was Rs 50 to download Mission Impossible, who would waste time looking for a torrent?

My fav megavideo is gone :( , they had amazing streaming backbone , at a lesser speed they used to
Stream/seek/connect very fast

SOPA act is a loss to many company if it continues all IPS will loose billions of money

My solution:
Make a self destruct digital platform
1.user buys one USB device for say 100Rs, pays 1/5/10Rs per movie that gets destroyed after 1 view or /time perios
2.user buys validity,hardware device maintains a 6 hour /4hour/view one/two/three times (based on purchase)
3.legalize all content as far as possible

I hope I dont have to live with tv garbage in coming years

The 3D glasses are also heavily scratched and blurred.

Avatar just kicked in the 3D mania. Almost every other movie is being released in 3D mode. 3D is nice once in a while but all the time?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back