Dolby 5.1/7.1/Atmos Output from PC to Samsung Q950A & Bravia 80K

mete0ra

Dear FM's,
Just purchased Sony Bravia x80K 2022 - Final Price 109K including all cashbacks & Samsung Q950A for 66K.
So far been impressed with the soundbar's capabilities ( Dear Audiophile gods forgive this newbie for even discussing soundbars!).
The content from Netflix and Prime plays fine. But, when i connect my PC via HDMI, i can't seem to get 5.1 output.
I use my HDMI to connect my laptop to Sony's HDMI 1 and the soundbar is connected to TV via HDMI eARC.

Need help/suggestions !

Dwaipayan

You can try directly connecting the PC output to the soundbar. I don't think the TV can act as a bridge between the laptop and the soundbar and pass-through a bit perfect stream. So basically run 2 HDMI cables from the PC/laptop (using a splitter if needed) and use one for the video stream to TV while the other to the soundbar for audio.

This should work, however I have not personally tested it so I cannot be certain. Also, for Atmos to work on Windows, you will need to install the app from MS store.

mikehcm

Dear FM's,
Just purchased Sony Bravia x80K 2022 - Final Price 109K including all cashbacks & Samsung Q950A for 66K.
So far been impressed with the soundbar's capabilities ( Dear Audiophile gods forgive this newbie for even discussing soundbars!).
The content from Netflix and Prime plays fine. But, when i connect my PC via HDMI, i can't seem to get 5.1 output.
I use my HDMI to connect my laptop to Sony's HDMI 1 and the soundbar is connected to TV via HDMI eARC.

Need help/suggestions !
Have you tried sound card properties in the laptop?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.