Door gaskets and Seals

venk61176

Hi,

I need to prevent rattling of apartment main door when in subwoofer is in use. Are you guys aware of any place in Bangalore where I can get these door Seals or rubber

Variety Door Gaskets for Sound Control - TM Soundproofing

I have attached a link that contains gasket which seals gaps and prevents sound from leaking via door.

I am also thinking of buying Subdude HD to prevent vibrations onto the floor. It seems to help great extent as per some of the forums

Thanks
Venkat

For some reason I was never satisfied with auto setup. Today I calibrated my speakers manually using audiotools Spl meter app downloaded from iTunes onto my iPad. Guess on android phones this application may be free.

Also followed Big daddy speaker Calibrating Your Audio With an SPL Meter - Blu-ray Forum religiously and also used badpig denon guide.

I have to say results are awesome and all speakers are calibrated for 70db except the center for 75db

Once I fix the resonance problems of my apartment, I planning to calibrate subwoofer using excel sheet method.

So even with subwoofer issues, I have to say my setup sounds like a real theatre
. I suggest you guys a try, it seem to be more enjoyable than audeyssey curve.

I need to prevent rattling of apartment main door when in subwoofer is in use.
You could probably do that just by making sure it is not loose in its frame when shut. Adjust the lock-plate and/or bolt positions.

Next idea: attach a strip of thin rubber to the door frame, against which the door is tightly bolted to further reduce vibrations.

In the end, if you are going to play music that makes your house shake ... then your house is going to shake :D

(I can understand that individual bits of the house shaking need to be eliminated though)

Thanks. You rightly summarized the problem I face. In spite of Locking the door properly there is good amount of gap on floor as well as on sides

You think it can be solved using rubber gaskets,where I can get these rubber gaskets or headings

Norsound - Door-Bottom-Seals do I also need this heavy seal for door bottom for added weight and automatic closure

Unless you need serious professional soundproofing, I think that you can improvise and DIY. How about some inner-tube rubber strip fastened around the door frame?

Make sure you can breathe ... but then, as you are not talking about sealing the windows, I guess that isn't a worry :eek:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back