TAGA Harmony Sw-10 v.2 first impression

It appears that you have got a faulty piece. Get it replaced. Since you are in Mumbai, it's not difficult to get a replacement from MZ Audio.

It appears that you have got a faulty piece. Get it replaced. Since you are in Mumbai, it's not difficult to get a replacement from MZ Audio.

any other sw10 owners can share some insight if i should get this replaced?

any other sw10 owners can share some insight if i should get this replaced?
Don't think it is faulty one..But, if u find it dissatisfied, u should get it replaced..

Here are pics of my subs..
69e02c54a05022977275500b34242156.jpg

Don't think it is faulty one..But, if u find it dissatisfied, u should get it replaced..

Here are pics of my subs..
69e02c54a05022977275500b34242156.jpg

hmmn seems you got a few of the uneven finish, could you take the pic with ur cell flash on? thats what i did.

Thanks.

Here are some pics..It is not uneven finish.. if i look at the sub, i cant find any.. it looks in picture like that..

dd175e7d6b1efe2b3e86998bde60dd92.jpg

6da40abef94ed442d8d4fc1ab60eed6d.jpg

yes, without the flash light, the sub looks normal its only witht he flash & pics it has this look of uneven color on the rubber part of the woofer, so i guess its normal, if you put the flash light 10 inches away & look at the sub you might notice the uneven finish.

toke a pic without flash, all looks normal :rolleyes:

6eq2k0.jpg
Still, it raises serious questions on the quality of the product. Is this kind of issue normal to other subs or speakers? 'NO'
When an individual buys a speaker or a sub, he also pays for aesthetics part of the product. With flash on or with flash off, product should look immaculate.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Still, it raises serious questions on the quality of the product. Is this kind of issue normal to other subs or speakers? 'NO'
When an individual buys a speaker or a sub, he also pays for aesthetics part of the product. With flash on or with flash off, product should look immaculate.

saw online, pretty common with other sub brands too btw is this there on ur sub too? which sub you got?

saw online, pretty common with other sub brands too btw is this there on ur sub too? which sub you got?
No, I don't have any sub woofer. Till date I have seen many but never seen such flaw in a sub woofer. With age, a sub or a speaker driver may develop such cosmetic change but in a brand new product, this flaw is not expected. Is this the reason behind selling this TAGA sub at huge discounted price?

No, I don't have any sub woofer. Till date I have seen many but never seen such flaw in a sub woofer. With age, a sub or a speaker driver may develop such cosmetic change but in a brand new product, this flaw is not expected. Is this the reason behind selling this TAGA sub at huge discounted price?

the sw10 sounds so awesome, it makes me feel my jamo sub250 is 10 rms lol. Well its time you buy a sub for your HT, doesn't matter the brand just get a sub & you will thank me.

the sw10 sounds so awesome, it makes me feel my jamo sub250 is 10 rms lol. Well its time you buy a sub for your HT, doesn't matter the brand just get a sub & you will thank me.
FM Elangoas has got two TAGA subs (same model as yours). He speaks highly of this sub ( actually, once I spoke to him over the phone) but within 3/4 months he paid a visit to the service centre as there was some issues with one of the sub woofers, now you pointed at another issue (no matter how negligible you consider it). Now, people get secptical. TAGA is not a well known brand, fairly a new entry, doesn't have strong service network. Moreover, in Kolkata no dealer keeps TAGA and HiFi store doesn't send any product to West Bengal as it is a border state. [emoji22]

Last edited:
FM Elangoas has got two TAGA subs (same model as yours). He speaks highly of this sub ( actually, once I spoke to him over the phone) but within 3/4 months he paid a visit to the service centre as there was some issues with one of the sub woofers, now you pointed at another issue (no matter how negligible you consider it). Now, people get secptical. TAGA is not a well known brand, fairly a new entry, doesn't have strong service network. Moreover, in Kolkata no dealer keeps TAGA and HiFi store doesn't sends any product to West Bengal as it is a border state. [emoji22]

yes he is right, its an incredible sub, I know about his issue & feel its batch related so got a new fresh import one May 2017 & keeping my fingers crossed, the main distributor is known to me very well so i have no fear of service issues & backup, anyways since you are in kolkata i wouldn't recommend taga as there is no dealers & service backup there. I was going to buy the klipsch r-10sw & was shocked when i read about quality issues like cabinet lamination peeling from the edges, the cabinet quality & weight of the sw10 is in SVS level, its so freaking heavy & thats very import for a sub. Fingers crossed if all goes well i might buy another one for dual setup.

Last edited:
Dealer and service of taga is available in Kolkata but there is no demo. MZ audio strongly recommended auditro hifi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

FM Elangoas has got two TAGA subs (same model as yours). He speaks highly of this sub

yes he is right, its an incredible sub

When i wanted to buy a sub, i read lot of articles on the net.. Most of them suggesting atleast dual subs (identical) if you can afford them..Also opinion from FM were of the same.. I had a budget of 50K only, had to skip the best brands like Velodyne, Polk, SVS so that i could gamble two subs in my budget..

After setting up the sub with AVR, thru the Audyssey Multi EQ app, i can see that the sub does 30Hz at -5db in my room, 20Hz is at -12db or so.. May be, moving around might improve a little, but not much..

If we have in-room responses like this from other FM with diff brands, then we can at-least get close to which is value for money sub..

Anyways am satisfied with the subs performance, don't think i miss the bigger brands..

if all goes well i might buy another one for dual setup.

Great..It is a better experience IMO..

just want to update,
i have the SW10 since 3 weeks & i m loving the sound, the vfm prospect is unbelievable. The only regret i have is not having space for 2 subs in my room, after fine tuning & proper placement it sounds amazing & makes earleir Jamo sub250 sound like a 5" woofer.

Cheers.

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

are you using Y cable to connect the sub to the avr? if not try that & what is the sub gain volume on? Which avr you using? also is the speaker settings to small in the avr setup?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back