TAGA Harmony Sw-10 v.2 first impression

I dont think it is going below 25Hz, have tested in some BR Rips..God of Egypts (DTS-X) today..Well it was a Rip of around 15GB file size...Yet to test more precisely, but it is missing the wow factor:mad:
Ohh, I have no way to check if it goes below 25Hz apart from test tone from internet. Any recommendation??

about the movie scene, may be some tweaking will enhance the experience, please keep us posted.

BR
Ajay

Ohh, I have no way to check if it goes below 25Hz apart from test tone from internet. Any recommendation??

about the movie scene, may be some tweaking will enhance the experience, please keep us posted.

BR
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

I have till now made a qualitative assessment only, more on the issue of low frequency capabilities of the subwoofer. By & large, the subwoofer is performing well but certainly not of the quality of even Polk 505. But then you get it in 24.5k only:)

Well, after testing the sub for few days since it came, I must appreciate the sound quality for the price you pay which is there achieved after running the room acoustics calibration of my AVR Pioneer VSX 1131. Excellent low frequency performance and blends perfectly well with my fronts when speakers crossover is set at 100Hz - 120 Hz. I have set the sub crossover at 80Hz and the phase to normal (0 in the sub). Solid build quality and overall looks add to its charm. No Regret in making this purchase.:yahoo:

As for specifications 'mismatch' don't think Hifi Mart is to blame as they provide the specification what is mentioned at Taga Website. It is apparently a 'mistake' by Taga only as they are still shipping old manual with the new model:sad: Keep manual aside, the subwoofer is an excellent performing one.

Well, after testing the sub for few days since it came, I must appreciate the sound quality for the price you pay which is there achieved after running the room acoustics calibration of my AVR Pioneer VSX 1131. Excellent low frequency performance and blends perfectly well with my fronts when speakers crossover is set at 100Hz - 120 Hz. I have set the sub crossover at 80Hz and the phase to normal (0 in the sub). Solid build quality and overall looks add to its charm. No Regret in making this purchase.:yahoo:

As for specifications 'mismatch' don't think Hifi Mart is to blame as they provide the specification what is mentioned at Taga Website. It is apparently a 'mistake' by Taga only as they are still shipping old manual with the new model:sad: Keep manual aside, the subwoofer is an excellent performing one.

Thanks for the honest initial impressions, I ordered one for myself (yesterday)too. I will update once it reaches me.
This is one of the few instances where I bought something without a demo ; I just tagged to the Taga SW 10 bandwagon at the moment and let me see how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your sub and thanks for the review..

I too have the same sub, but got dual..

As In past few months I have been using my system without Subwoofer, I had to tweak settings on my AVR to use subwoofer in 2CH / Stereo mode. Sub volume level 0.0, Crossover set to 80Hz, speakers still set to large. No other changes in AVR.

On the SW-10, I set crossover to 100, phase 0, volume 12 o'clock position to begin with.

Hope you are yet to calibrate Audyssey..

My Opinion: At this moment my satisfaction level is 10/10 for build, 7/10 for music and 9/10 for movies. I know this will change definitely after I have done more experiments and tweaks in my setup.

I had manually calibrated both the subs using android mobile SPL app, it may not be accurate but approx levels of 75 db.. I had set the crossover to 100Hz on the AVR..

It was very good for both stereo and movies, but in some thick action scenes, the sub finished quick..

I will observe for any difference after full Audyssey calibration.

Hope you are yet to calibrate Audyssey..

Not yet calibrated, didnt get time in past 2-3 days.
I am always impressed with Denon Audyssey and it has done wonderful things for me, so I am also hopeful that after calibration Sub will further shine.

Will update once i could do that.

How do you think it is old manual? Could you established that Sub can go to <25Hz.

BR
ajay

Hi Ajay,

Please check at Taga Wesbite/Hifi Mart specifications wherein it says the RMS power has been increased from 150W to 175 Watts. Now check the Manual, Platinum SW-10 has 150W and Platinum SW-12 is having 200W. Now Taga have stopped producing SW-12 under platinum series and continues with SW-10 only under Platinum series and tweaked the specifications to what is mentioned in the shipped Box as well as mentioned in their website.

My conclusion: They are still shipping old manual and the subwoofer is new version.

As for your query on SW going below 25Hz, shall upload a few files, I can not right now while in office. Try playing highest sound formats in studio master form and check if you can hear each and every note or feel distortion. Some tests are available online too through Youtube vids.

thank you for the URL. I tried this today and the sub respond to 20Hz definitely however I am sure it is not in +-3dB level as I can hear clear difference in the sound level for 30Hz and 20Hz, so it may be +-6dB or may be higher, not sure.

I also ran Audessey on my AVR today, and you have to trust my words :), the calibration has given a real edge to the low frequency. The sub is performing pretty much better than my first attempt for music. The bass is very clear and no boominess at all. I am sure with proper placement and some burn-in period it will fulfill all my expectations for music as well.

I must say this is the best sub I owned and even best for the price i paid.... :)

Those who are looking to upgrade their sub with budget price tag, Taga SW-10 is highly recommended, meanwhile need suggestions for speaker placement for Surround Back Channel speakers. My bookshelf speakers are about to arrive.:yahoo:

My current set up is as attached.:sad:

Attachments

• IMG_20170216_234623.jpg
    IMG_20170216_234623.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_20170216_234759.jpg
    IMG_20170216_234759.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20170216_223322.jpg
    IMG_20170216_223322.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20170216_223257.jpg
    IMG_20170216_223257.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20170216_234733.jpg
    IMG_20170216_234733.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 356
Nice setup, but you have literally wall hanged a floor stander :) Any reason why ? and I see you have put the screen to pull over on top of TV. That is good as well.

Hi

The reason for wall hanging the floor stander for some time...is my naughty 1.5 years old son who seems to be hell bent on destroying the speakers :sad:

The reason why Projector screen is made to fall in front of TV is I can not change the audio set up every time I watch TV or watch Movies on the projector.

Meanwhile I need speaker placement suggestions for surround back given the structure of the room amid available paraphernalia like AC, projector etc. cant move any of these.

I have done the entire cabling myself and love working hard for best results:eek:hyeah:

Hi

The reason for wall hanging the floor stander for some time...is my naughty 1.5 years old son who seems to be hell bent on destroying the speakers :sad:

The reason why Projector screen is made to fall in front of TV is I can not change the audio set up every time I watch TV or watch Movies on the projector.

Meanwhile I need speaker placement suggestions for surround back given the structure of the room amid available paraphernalia like AC, projector etc. cant move any of these.

I have done the entire cabling myself and love working hard for best results:eek:hyeah:

While I completely agree that the reasons for your speakers positioning are completely valid, the wall mounting of tower speakers is a clear No. Towers are not designed to work optimal in that way. Change to a wall mounted bookshelf instead of towers .

the Side Surrounds in a 5.1 configuration should be by the side of the listening position and 2 ft above the ear level for 3d effects (though it is quite a debatable topic otherwise). The back surround in 7.1 configuration should be at the back of the listening position again 2ft above the ear level. It also depends upon the type of surround you're using ; a dedicated surrounds (bipole, Dipole) or bookshelf speakers made to do the Surrounds job.

The wiring work is looking quite professional, well done.

hi guys,
i m planning to buy the SW-10 to replace my jamo sub250, want to know will the taga sw10 come with the LFE cable? want to replace my sub lfe cable as its too old also.

Cheers.

hi guys,
i m planning to buy the SW-10 to replace my jamo sub250, want to know will the taga sw10 come with the LFE cable? want to replace my sub lfe cable as its too old also.

Cheers.

Yes.. it does come with single RCA to 2 RCA cable, though short.. abt 5 feet i guess..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back