TAGA Harmony Sw-10 v.2 first impression

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

It could be due to the placement and setting issue.
Please run auto setup in your AVR which will set all the levels and you can tweak it.
Post your settings so that users can provide suggestions.

Congrats on your sub and thanks for the review..

I too have the same sub, but got dual..

Hope you are yet to calibrate Audyssey..

I had manually calibrated both the subs using android mobile SPL app, it may not be accurate but approx levels of 75 db.. I had set the crossover to 100Hz on the AVR..

It was very good for both stereo and movies, but in some thick action scenes, the sub finished quick..

I will observe for any difference after full Audyssey calibration.

Hi elangoas,
I currently have a Pb2000 will it be a upgrade to buy dual Taga subs or downgrade,As I saw you are running on dual.your reviews will be appreciated

Hi elangoas,
I currently have a Pb2000 will it be a upgrade to buy dual Taga subs or downgrade,As I saw you are running on dual.your reviews will be appreciated

Since you already have Pb2000, it would be better to add an other Pb2000.. If you are considering fresh, then any dual (identical) would be better..

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

This was my first impression too last week, after hooking up my SW-10 to Marantz SR6010. I was very upset for a day or two and then went through various posts in this forum. It started sounding better, after I have done the following:
1. Ran the Audissy auto-calibration
2. Tweaked the settings on the AVR (cross-over set at 100hz, all speakers set as small, as recommended by many FMs) & on the SW (volume at 60 degree position), crossover set at all the way to the right, i.e., 360 degree position
3. Changed the placement and "direction" of the sub - initially it was very close to the wall, then moved forward a bit and turned it 90 degrees clockwise, such that the face of the SW is at 90 degrees to the listening position. I think that this sw needs free space around it.

alot of quality issues with this subwoofer, noticed a crack on the backside of the speaker grill, 101% sure it came that way, the sound is ok after 1 month ownership, i think the 20hz freq response is all balls claims, for future buyers i would say avoid this sub as its not great now with the hike in pricing. I m sure there are better subs then this one in the market.

Cheers.

alot of quality issues with this subwoofer, noticed a crack on the backside of the speaker grill, 101% sure it came that way

I checked both my subs for cracks on the backside of the speaker grill.. There weren't any.. It is sad, you might have received one with defective grill..

i think the 20hz freq response is all balls claims

Me too not sure on that.. But, from what i checked with Audyssey App, it does 30Hz @ -5db in my room.. May be re-positioning might increase the low response a bit...I will share the lowest response in my room after re-positioning & measuring them (REW)..

I checked both my subs for cracks on the backside of the speaker grill.. There weren't any.. It is sad, you might have received one with defective grill..

Me too not sure on that.. But, from what i checked with Audyssey App, it does 30Hz @ -5db in my room.. May be re-positioning might increase the low response a bit...I will share the lowest response in my room after re-positioning & measuring them (REW)..
well you got damn lucky then :D not impressed with the quality of this brand & will replace this sub in the coming months from another brand offcourse.

Cheers.

Last edited:
are you using y cable to connect the sub to the avr? If not try that & what is the sub gain volume on? Which avr you using? Also is the speaker settings to small in the avr setup?

yes i am using y cable did a lot of changes in settings and all but dont know the bass is so less that you cant imagine

it could be due to the placement and setting issue.
Please run auto setup in your avr which will set all the levels and you can tweak it.

sir i already asked settings from so many fellow members but couldnt get any result ran auto calibration changing the cables moving the position everything but their is some serious issue in sw10 that company is hiding from us

i dont know but their is some serious problem in sw 10 taga harmony i think their whole batch is faulty of sw10 as i purchased it was giving some diisortion noise sent to service center got it repaired but founded the bass is less earlier also it was less within purchase of 7 days i faced so many troubles till now the bass is less so many settings told by fellow members callibration change of wire everything neighter their service centre is intrested i am fed up now till now i cant get any result its very pathetic situation

yes i am using y cable did a lot of changes in settings and all but dont know the bass is so less that you cant imagine

what did the service center say? could be a damaged cone if your earlier sub was better, see if they can swap the sub for you or see whats wrong with it.

It could be due to the placement and setting issue.
Please run auto setup in your AVR which will set all the levels and you can tweak it.

-My room is a medium size 550 sq feet dedicated HT ROOM
-I have placed the sub near the couch also i have tried other places corner wall near the fronts etc but no response
-my listening position from sub is 7-8 feet
-the sub settings after callibaratin was +2
-voloume knob 60-70 percent phase zero crossover 11 o clock position tried 12 o clock also and other positions also i tried
- I had croosover in AVR for sub set to 120 by aacu callib tried 80 90 100 also mannualy but couldnt get bass
ALSO a important think i want to mention in same place same position I was using a ONKYO 3500 HT IN A BOX system earlier for temporary base but used to get a proper bass also the sub was just passive

-My room is a medium size 550 sq feet dedicated HT ROOM
-I have placed the sub near the couch also i have tried other places corner wall near the fronts etc but no response
-my listening position from sub is 7-8 feet
-the sub settings after callibaratin was +2
-voloume knob 60-70 percent phase zero crossover 11 o clock position tried 12 o clock also and other positions also i tried
- I had croosover in AVR for sub set to 120 by aacu callib tried 80 90 100 also mannualy but couldnt get bass
ALSO a important think i want to mention in same place same position I was using a ONKYO 3500 HT IN A BOX system earlier for temporary base but used to get a proper bass also the sub was just passive
Don't ask the same question in multiple places.
Change all the three knobs to Max on subwoofer and see.

Change AVR subwoofer settings to LF+Main and get back with the results.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

don't ask the same question in multiple places.
Change all the three knobs to max on subwoofer and see.

Change avr subwoofer settings to lf+main and get back with the results.

Sent from my redmi note 3 using tapatalk

i dont know where lfe+main option is their on onkyo 656 receiver avr i digged a lot but couldnt find anywhere

i dont know where lfe+main option is their on onkyo 656 receiver avr i digged a lot but couldnt find anywhere

LFE + Main is for Denon / Marantz AVR.. Don't think Onkyo AVR would have such a setting..

It has a crossover setting (Individual) and it applies to all modes other than Pure Audio..

i got the onkyo 656, onkyo calls it "double bass"
try that "on", now knowing we have the same receiver i m sure there is an issue with your subwoofer as my sw10 sounds decent. Also increase the bass level to +5 db in the onkyo.

Cheers.

i got the onkyo 656, onkyo calls it "double bass"
try that "on", now knowing we have the same receiver i m sure there is an issue with your subwoofer as my sw10 sounds decent. Also increase the bass level to +5 db in the onkyo.

Cheers.

LKE+Main ( Denon) or double bass ( Onkyo) or Extra bass ( Yamaha ) are used only when you have capable Fronts to pass full range signals to Fronts. In this case Fronts will be "Large". Otherwise it is not prefered and fronts will be set as "Small".

I am not sure how this option will help in the issue reported in sw-10.

LKE+Main ( Denon) or double bass ( Onkyo) or Extra bass ( Yamaha ) are used only when you have capable Fronts to pass full range signals to Fronts. In this case Fronts will be "Large". Otherwise it is not prefered and fronts will be set as "Small".

I am not sure how this option will help in the issue reported in sw-10.

LFE only means, LF from speakers set to 'small' will be played by the Subwoofer. Most of the Front Speakers set to Large will handle LF instead of a specialized driver for LF like Subwoofer.

LF+Main all low frequency sounds will be reproduced by Subwoofer irrespective of Speakers set to "Large" or " Small". So you'll get All LF from subwoofer and Tower speakers so it'll get the thump you're looking for. Very good when you place the Subwoofer near the listening position and Front Towers producing even bass.

Back