TAGA Harmony Sw-10 v.2 first impression

lfe only means, lf from speakers set to 'small' will be played by the subwoofer. Most of the front speakers set to large will handle lf instead of a specialized driver for lf like subwoofer.

Lf+main all low frequency sounds will be reproduced by subwoofer irrespective of speakers set to "large" or " small". So you'll get all lf from subwoofer and tower speakers so it'll get the thump you're looking for. Very good when you place the subwoofer near the listening position and front towers producing even bass.

thanks for your reply and help kindly tell mewhat value to input into crossover settings in onkyo avr for sub

lfe + main is for denon / marantz avr.. Don't think onkyo avr would have such a setting..

It has a crossover setting (individual) and it applies to all modes other than pure audio..

thanks for your reply and help kindly tell mewhat value to input into crossover settings in onkyo avr for sub

LFE + Main is for Denon / Marantz AVR.. Don't think Onkyo AVR would have such a setting..

It has a crossover setting (Individual) and it applies to all modes other than Pure Audio..

Sir many of fellow members in Forum say to keep the crossover at the back of Taga sub to max but Sujit Sir Bizi05 Strictly opposes it he says you will not get lfe effects that are desighned to work with 30-40 HZ frequency in movies and you should keep Crossover at the back of sub to 30-40 only but i do so i dont get any effects nor the punch i cant understand kindly explain please

LKE+Main ( Denon) or double bass ( Onkyo) or Extra bass ( Yamaha ) are used only when you have capable Fronts to pass full range signals to Fronts. In this case Fronts will be "Large". Otherwise it is not prefered and fronts will be set as "Small".

I am not sure how this option will help in the issue reported in sw-10.

Sir many of fellow members in Forum say to keep the crossover at the back of Taga sub to max but Sujit Sir Bizi05 Strictly opposes it he says you will not get lfe effects that are desighned to work with 30-40 HZ frequency in movies and you should keep Crossover at the back of sub to 30-40 only but i do so i dont get any effects nor the punch i cant understand kindly explain please

i got the onkyo 656, onkyo calls it "double bass"
try that "on", now knowing we have the same receiver i m sure there is an issue with your subwoofer as my sw10 sounds decent. Also increase the bass level to +5 db in the onkyo.

Cheers.

Have you placed your sub correctly? Follow the sub crawl method to find the right spot for the sub. Google should provide you with tons of articles and videos on it.

Second step, place the speakers correctly. There is a very good thread on this forum that can help you wit that. Google should also give you tips on the same.

Finally execute the auto setup as per your receivers manual. Set the cross over on sub to its max to allow all frequency coming from the receiver. This will allow the receiver to do the bass management.

Once done, set all speakers to small and cross them at around 80hz. You can experiment with one cross over value higher and one lower than 80hz to suit your preference.

To test, run a trusted source material such as a Blu-ray disc of Avatar - Final fight scene, Life of Pi - sinking ship scene, Mad Max - almost every scene gives a good work out to the sub.

These are the steps I follow when setting up my system or when setting up other's systems and have got good results. Do try it out and let us know if it helped.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

i have answered your pms, pls stop posting multiple same posts in different threads,

Thanks.

Don't ask the same question in multiple places.
Change all the three knobs to Max on subwoofer and see.

Change AVR subwoofer settings to LF+Main and get back with the results.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I Have 2 subs TAGA SW10 2nd one is TAGA TSW200 So on both subs i have kept settings
Voloume full crossover full 1st sub sw10 phase zero second tsw200 phase 180 AVR all Speakers 80 HZ Crossover Sub 120 hz crossover in avr
Is it correct or should change anything please help

got the Taga sw10 since 5 months now & always ran it with the amazon basic Y cable. I started finding the bass too boomy & swapped it with a single rca cable & to my shock find the bass more precise & not boomy now. Wish i did this earlier then now..

got the Taga sw10 since 5 months now & always ran it with the amazon basic Y cable. I started finding the bass too boomy & swapped it with a single rca cable & to my shock find the bass more precise & not boomy now. Wish i did this earlier then now..

How do u connect it with single rca? can you please pm me. Also which cable are you using.

How do u connect it with single rca? can you please pm me. Also which cable are you using.

If you are using the SW 10 v2 sub then you can connect a single RCA to RCA to the Left section of the sub......typically a subwoofer cable is used.....

If using SW 10- v3 then use a proper subwoofer cable to the dedicated LFE port on sub and avr........

Blue Rigger cables work well....available on amazon

I am getting open box piece of sw10 v.2 around 18k without warranty as the person is no more into audio business. I am trying to give him offer of 15k.
Is it worth getting now in November 2019 that to without warranty?

My Avr is basic Pioneer VSX 330 having single RCA as sub preout which was also sourced from him as open box in June 2018 @12k. So I trust this guy.

Experienced members please shed some light on this.

I am using Taga Harmony Azure B40 bookshelf speaker
Taga Azure centre c40

So basically my setup will be 3.1 only and no plan to get surround speaker anytime soon as there is no space.

I need sub just for movies as for music totally happy with Azure b40 as of now. My living room is around 190 to 200 sq feet.

I am also having second option of pioneer s-31w 8 inch sub @9000 for open box from different dealer.

Please guide.

I am getting open box piece of sw10 v.2 around 18k without warranty as the person is no more into audio business. I am trying to give him offer of 15k.

I am also having second option of pioneer s-31w 8 inch sub @9000 for open box from different dealer.

Please guide.

Go for the Taga. If you can try it out, great. Avoid the Pioneer.

Could you post what else he is selling off?

MaSh

As per our chat he is having one taga tower speaker I guess 616 model
But one speaker has minor physical damage on top rear part but was working as per him. I had seen that and had image back then but I may have to dig into my HDD.
I had that option during june 2018 also but I did not get that due to space and placement issue.

My Avr is basic Pioneer VSX 330 having single RCA as sub preout which was also sourced from him as open box in June 2018 @12k. So I trust this guy.

Experienced members please shed some light on this.

I am using Taga Harmony Azure B40 bookshelf speaker
Taga Azure centre c40

So basically my setup will be 3.1 only and no plan to get surround speaker anytime soon as there is no space.

I need sub just for movies as for music totally happy with Azure b40 as of now. My living room is around 190 to 200 sq feet.

Please guide.
I see No harm at this price point

I am planning to buy the Taga harmony SW10 sub. Dealer initially quoted 35k for V3 , later he said it's out of stock and quoting V2 for 33k.
Is this price ok for V2 . As per specs on Taga website both sub go to 20Hz though V3 has higher RMS power.

Hi Folks,

As I mentioned in another thread, I have procured a Taga harmony SW-10 v.2 from HifiMart couple of days back. I got multiple queries about product quality & performance etc and hence I am writing this thread knowing that they are waiting to take a final decision.

I have used multiple other subwoofers in past like Polk DSW micropro2000, SVS PB1000, Accoustic Research S12 (not sure model, but it was 12 inch downfiring, 100W sub), just to give you idea from where the review is coming from. I used Denon 3312 / Marantz UD5007 and my listening room dimentions are 21*12*10.5ft and filled with common living room furniture.

My feedback is based on roughly 2 hours of experiments so it may not be my final opinion and hence the title "first impression"

Here we go:

Buying experience: Ordered on Hifimart as soon as I knew it is back on the stock (23% off the MRP). The sub was shipped within couple of hours by Fedex and tracking# was shared. It reached to me exactly in 48hours after shipping. Nice Packaging, box took some small holes where the Sub spike rests, but nothing to worry. 10/10 to HFM and Fedex on that.

Inside the Box: Well wrapped Subwoofer, a power chord (4 feet approx), a Y type cable and Manual. As I mentioned earlier, the manual says different specs than what is advertised on company's own website. The Frequency response 25-200Hz, Amp power 150W, Weight 22.6Kg are few of the numbers as per manual. I had decided to buy this sub based on the specifications and word of mouth, no demo no detail review. So finding it different (Lower) on the manual was definitely heart-breaking.

Build Quality:
-The Subwoofer cabinet is build nicely, with excellent finish on the edges, nothing less than a premium look. The front grill is firm and fits into the cabinet pretty nicely, no uneven gaps etc. The Grill cloth is of great quality and fixed nicely without any loose surface.
-The Amp plate on the back has all the required controls. Knob are made with plastic but again good in build. The only thing I did not like is the AMP Plate is silver finish, and I would have appreciated a Black.
-The Sub has over-sized bottom Spikes (metal), pretty good to adjust the level and I am sure it would contribute greatly to reduce the vibrations.
-There is a Voltage selector switch (220v - 110v) which was already set to 220v for usage in India, so you don't have to play with it
-Another important thing, I couldnt understand which is LFE input. If i connect my AVR's sub preout to low level input L or R it works same way :)

Overall I can say the cabinet build is great and at least two steps ahead from the SVS PB1000.

Powering On & First Listening Experience:
I connected my Denon 3312 subwoofer preout using a Subwoofer cable (different than supplied with this sub) to the Low level input ( L ) of the subwoofer, connected power to begin. The first thing came to my mind 'there is no "THUD" sound when the power switched on. Just a very low 'tick' sould came in which seems from the subwoofer amp. A red LED on the back turns on, and sub is ready to go.

As In past few months I have been using my system without Subwoofer, I had to tweak settings on my AVR to use subwoofer in 2CH / Stereo mode. Sub volume level 0.0, Crossover set to 80Hz, speakers still set to large. No other changes in AVR.

On the SW-10, I set crossover to 100, phase 0, volume 12 o'clock position to begin with.

2.1Ch/Stereo Listening: I started with my flac/mp3 which I use to listen usually (rather than basstronics or manali transe or dil tu hi bata type stuff). I felt the bass too loud, not so precise or tight and also boomy. Nothing close to what I would like to listen. reduce volume changed crossover to 80, moved sub a bit forward from the rear wall. Boominess was gone to big extent, and I could feel the punch from sub, however the overall music reproduction (clean and tight) was not very great. I believe my floor standers alone (Heco victa Prime 702) do a better job. After changing multiple songs within few minutes, I stopped testing stereo as I know what is missing (1) Subwoofer placement (2) Denon Audessey (3) Driver Breakin (may be)

5.1/Video experience: Started playing some Bluray rips. Very common scene which have been always referred while testing subwoofers. Saving private Ryan, Dark Knight, Avengers, Peral harbour and so on...

Now this is where this stole my heart...... Saving private Ryan the war scene, the bullet sound was so precise and it almost hit my chest, bomb explosions fantastic, machine gun shots fabulous.... none of my room window was rattling (khad khad khad sound) but I am feeling each bullet on my body....

Switched to another movie, the helicopter sound was excellent, the bikes/cars were just so lively that you feel it just passed next to you. Played few other action scene, and I must say all the regret I started in the stereo listening was just changed to extreme satisfaction.

At 12 o'clock volume position (50%), I can reach to the highest volume I can listen to in my apartment, So i would say the AMP is pretty powerful. However looks like the Driver doesn't move too much.

My Opinion: At this moment my satisfaction level is 10/10 for build, 7/10 for music and 9/10 for movies. I know this will change definitely after I have done more experiments and tweaks in my setup.
I think you need to use the y cable and give input to both the L and R inputs as the sub does not seem to have LFE input

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back