Downloaded Music SQ

I have also downloaded FLAC which sounds same as MP3. Some smart asses convert MP3s and upload it in the internet. The best way you can figure out difference between an original FLAC and a MP3 converted to FLAC is by listening to it. MP3 converted FLAC will sound same like original MP3 no matter how big the FLAC file is or what bitrate it is.
Guys,

I have a reasonable amount of downloaded music. Most of it is claimed FLAC version and even some of them ripped FLACs from LPs. They are real heavy files and I have accumulated over a period of time. Reason : Sadly I can not afford to buy so many of them. So this shortcut.

How does one ascertain the SQ of these downloads. Of coure my ears! Another one could be to listen with original one. Thats too far fetched. All this collection do sound good and better than the mp3s.

Of late I found that there are FLACs available on internet which were upconverted from mp3! :sad:

I am unduly worried on the issue? Shall I keep trusting my ears? Any other means to confirm the originality of FLACs?

:lol: Please spare him bro.
Oops! So YOU are the illegal crook out to destroy the world by upsetting the capitalist order and circumventing copyrights and protection?!!! :D You need to be tagged by the ear and Radio Collared!! :eek:hyeah:

How can you even think of committing such a heinous crime against the rest of us peace loving humanity? ;)

Cheers

If you convert a MP3 to FLAC everything changes bitrate etc but the converted FLAC sounds exactly like the shitty MP3. U can try.
the bit rate ..... you cannot change/upconvert the bit rate from say 320kbps to 1000kbps
MP3 can be max 320kbps...

Checking this audio checker thingy now.
Can the AudioChecker identify the upconverted MP3s, like 1050kbps bit rate?

Oops! So YOU are the illegal crook out to destroy the world by upsetting the capitalist order and circumventing copyrights and protection?!!! :D You need to be tagged by the ear and Radio Collared!! :eek:hyeah:

How can you even think of committing such a heinous crime against the rest of us peace loving humanity? ;)Cheers

I missed this one until it was quoted. :lol:

You can be a good diplomat/politician. I hope that actually you are not else the audiophile world will come crumbling down. :eek:hyeah:

But dont you think I can buy emusic legally and even rip my legally owned CDs (not sure abt legality of this).

:lol: Please spare him bro.

Checking this audio checker thingy now.

Everyone is in dirt. Its only how much one is in comparison to others. :D

This audio checker thing works very well and its results are very good. But the contents can not be verified until actually downloaded/ ripped.

Last edited:

How can you even think of committing such a heinous crime against the rest of us peace loving humanity? ;)

Cheers

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back