Dune HD Max

dranil

Bought the Dune HD Max Bluray and mediaplayer last week, to replace my WD TV media player. Thanks to the advices from Mr.Srinisunder and Mr.Venkatcr from our forum.

The new player is multi region for DVDs and BDs.
Playes almost all files with 7.1 channel output through individual outputs and HDMI output.
Dune HD Max ? HDI Dune
The price for this player including 2 TB Seagate internal sata Hard disc was equivalent to 600 US $
I was checking for a thread for Dune players, but couldn't find one. Thats why I started a new thread.
Thanks.

Dear Dranil,

Yours Dune Max was the first purchase here in this forum and Congrats on your new purchase and worth the money spent to enjoy the full hd glory in your projector with all kind of video and audio files thrown in.

Kindly post an detailed review including pics if you have time.:)

Hello,

How much it cost in India ? any idea ? and also I heard there are some options(done automatically) that when you put a CD, it automatically can rip and store , etc ? can you attach external hard disk ? how many USB ports ?

congrats Dr Anil. Where did you buy from and how was it shipped to you?
Anyone selling bd prime or dune hd max here in India?
How does it compare to Oppo 93, in terms of features, quality [build and stability of software] and in picture/ sound quality?
I am looking for a bdp but wondering if I should spend close to $600, given that there are much cheaper bdps available? Onida's is said to be region free for BD, but I have not personally checked.

Its retailed at 37K without any HDD and has the provision of installing a 3.5" HDD inside unlike the earlier model which could only accept a 2.5" HDD.

Ashish

Its retailed at 37K without any HDD and has the provision of installing a 3.5" HDD inside unlike the earlier model which could only accept a 2.5" HDD.

Ashish

Hi,
Can you please quote latest prices of the following Dune players that you have in your Delhi shop. I will be in Delhi and am planning to buy a media player soon.

Dune HD TV-301 N
Dune HD TV-101 NEW
Dune HD Max

taken from .. Full HD Players

They may be new models , looking at the present $ rate I am not sure if the dealers will be interested in importing them , even if they import they will quote them double or triple the price.

I have a Dune HD max I bought in Thailand. It wasnt region free for DVDs as well as BDs. I unlocked it using a patch available on mpcclub.It now plays all region discs. It doesnt seem to recognise my IPOd Touch. It plays all formats but only on USB drives/hard discs. Any ideas on IPOD compatibility?

I have a Dune HD max I bought in Thailand. It wasnt region free for DVDs as well as BDs. I unlocked it using a patch available on mpcclub.It now plays all region discs. It doesnt seem to recognise my IPOd Touch. It plays all formats but only on USB drives/hard discs. Any ideas on IPOD compatibility?

Hey,
Have you played music only FLACC or any other lossless format. How do you find it?

Thanks
Gaurav

It doesnt seem to recognise my IPOd Touch. It plays all formats but only on USB drives/hard discs. Any ideas on IPOD compatibility?

I am not sure Dune is compatible with iPod. iPod has a different interface method. Dune uses standard file sharing techniques.

Cheers

Hey,
Have you played music only FLACC or any other lossless format. How do you find it?

Thanks
Gaurav

I have ripped CDs to lossless FLAC, transfered them to my external hard disc/usb stick , attached to Dune.played thru analogue outs to Marantz PM6002 and Sonodyne Sonus speakers. Sounds wonderful. Beats mp3 320kps anytime.No comparision at all. If you want to store music flac is the best.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back