ebay Global- anyone ordered?

AVR delivered at my home today. :D

Just a recap (more to avoid repeat queries) - Brand new/A Stock/New in Box - Yamaha 665/6260 AVR ordered on Sep/25, delivered on Oct/09, all inclusive cost 24.3k, 110v unit, no warranty support in India, the communication from service provider/eBay is very poor, to say the least. If you are used to watching suspense movies, this may not be a big problem though. :lol:

When will we see UK and other country ebay sites opened in g-ebay?

Last edited:
AVR delivered at my home today. :D

Just a recap (more to avoid repeat queries) - Yamaha 665/6260 AVR ordered on Sep/25, delivered on Oct/09, all inclusive cost 24.3k, 110v unit, no warranty support in India, the communication from service provider/eBay is very poor, to say the least. If you are used to watching suspense movies, this may not be a big problem though. :lol:

When will we see UK and other country ebay sites opened in g-ebay?

Congrats!! :licklips:dont forget post your first impression with product.

Hi kumar,

Congrats! That must be one awesome price for that AVR. I believe you paid only the amount mentioned on eaby and nothing else.

Have a blast and give us ur impressions and please check afterwards and tell me whether this does DSD processing.

cheers,
sri

Congrats! That must be one awesome price for that AVR. I believe you paid only the amount mentioned on eaby and nothing else.

Have a blast and give us ur impressions and please check afterwards and tell me whether this does DSD processing.

Yeah, paid only 24.3k and nothing else :eek:hyeah:, am still at office while my kid is calling every half-an-hour asking whether she could open the package... :D

Still awaiting the SACDs that I have ordered on amazon.uk and they are with my friend in uk... I will let you know abt the DSD stuff, suggest that you download the manual and have a look meanwhile.

Yeah, paid only 24.3k and nothing else :eek:hyeah:, am still at office while my kid is calling every half-an-hour asking whether she could open the package... :D

Still awaiting the SACDs that I have ordered on amazon.uk and they are with my friend in uk... I will let you know abt the DSD stuff, suggest that you download the manual and have a look meanwhile.

Congrats Kumar,

The Photo shows that it is a B-Stock item, did you knowingly bought this item.
Anyway it is good deal and value fro money.

The Photo shows that it is a B-Stock item, did you knowingly bought this item. Anyway it is good deal and value fro money.
Sorry, What I saw was 6260 7.2 receiverGlobal Easy Buy

I have not posted a photo so far, not sure what you are referring here? I have edited my post above to add "brand new, A stock item".

For the benefit of anybody who may want to buy on g-ebay, note that this is not a shop with fixed supply line. The items will keep changing as listed by the sellers and you need to ensure that what you are buying is what you want "A-stock/B-stock/Brand new/New in box/Refurbished" etc. based on your budget and other preferences if any.

I made two orders on ebay Global. Following is their responce on both orders.

Code:
Dear sandip_d,
I would like to inform you that we tried to purchase your item, however
due to some technical error we were not able to complete the procedure.
As the purchase could not be completed., we are refunding your payment. The request for refunding the amount has already been sent to the PaisaPay team today. The amount will reflect in your account between 22nd October to 26th October 2009.
I regret the inconvenience this has caused you.
In case you have any query on your refund you can contact the PaisaPay team on 1800-209-3229.
I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Thanks & Regards,
I2c World.
I could not resist myself from giving them some appreciation and wrote..
Code:
It  would be definately embarassing on your part not to purchase the item 2nd time due to same reason.(Technical Problem)
If it is so, then why do you list the itmes on Global Ebay? On the other hand, you retain Customer's money for few days and later disappoint him and also lower your face value. I hope you have enough dedicated professionals who are more interested in growing your business rather than taking their pay cheques.
Anybody had the same experience?

I made two orders on ebay Global. Following is their responce on both orders.

Code:
Dear sandip_d,
I would like to inform you that we tried to purchase your item, however
due to some technical error we were not able to complete the procedure.
As the purchase could not be completed., we are refunding your payment. The request for refunding the amount has already been sent to the PaisaPay team today. The amount will reflect in your account between 22nd October to 26th October 2009.
I regret the inconvenience this has caused you.
In case you have any query on your refund you can contact the PaisaPay team on 1800-209-3229.
I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Thanks & Regards,
I2c World.
I could not resist myself from giving them some appreciation and wrote..
Code:
It  would be definately embarassing on your part not to purchase the item 2nd time due to same reason.(Technical Problem)
If it is so, then why do you list the itmes on Global Ebay? On the other hand, you retain Customer's money for few days and later disappoint him and also lower your face value. I hope you have enough dedicated professionals who are more interested in growing your business rather than taking their pay cheques.
Anybody had the same experience?

Hi Sandip, I had similar experience with Ebay Global. One week after placing the order I got a message saying the order is cancelled due to technical reasons and my amount is being refunded. Still waiting for the amount to be refund.

Hi,

I have bought an ipod touch from globl ebay and i got the mail saying that they are going to refund the money after 5 working days. Not sure they have done it yet. I need to check the credit card statement for this month.

What is happening ?????

Sudhish.

looks like global ebay is turning out to be a failure , lot of cancelled orders and delay in refunds, in the end one will end up lot of time wasted and money stuck in refunds ..

To be fair to G-ebay, they have promptly refunded the money when they cancelled two of my orders, the credit card account should reflect the amount credited in 2 or 3 days of the refund being done on paisapay.

But, G-ebay not being able to purchase items on ebay.com (even though they are being promoted by ebay) is something I cant understand. Any online business is based on prompt servicing of the orders and G-ebay has a lot to improve in this regard. After the first cancellation, I ordered the same item again and G-ebay is still not able to purchase it??? I have now ordered it for the third time and waiting for it to be cancelled prmptly???

Also, they have increased the charges from ~40% to ~50%, at least in the "Home Audio" section... not sure about the rest of the categories...

Last edited:
yes, the prices have gone up anywhere from 25-35% since I my last purchase. 20north seems to be better in prices than g-ebay but not sure about their services.

But in my previous posts in the same thread, I had given feedback about g-ebay and their services!

From sources, I have heard that they keep changing their ebay userID of the member who purchases items in US. Also, you can follow the "history" link in list page of your item and check the date of purchase of your item, confirm if your item has been purchased or not.

I have made an extensive research before I bought my denon 790 through them.

I think this is similar to an article I read some time back where a mail order company accepts advance payments from customers for an item advertised in newspapers or magazines, keeps the money for some days and then refunds the amount citing technical or some other reason. In this time frame, they have made a cool profit just by investing the money in a time deposit or liquid funds. To a single individual, it may not seem much to block a few thousand rupees. But for the dealer, it may amount to lakhs, even crores.

It feels like we, Indians are being taken for a ride due to our fixation with imported products.

I think this is similar to an article I read some time back where a mail order company accepts advance payments from customers for an item advertised in newspapers or magazines, keeps the money for some days and then refunds the amount citing technical or some other reason. In this time frame, they have made a cool profit just by investing the money in a time deposit or liquid funds. To a single individual, it may not seem much to block a few thousand rupees. But for the dealer, it may amount to lakhs, even crores.

It feels like we, Indians are being taken for a ride due to our fixation with imported products.

Well exactly what i was thinking after my order for a Turntable has failed. They say i will get the refund in 3 working days. Though i don't have any concerns that i won't get my money back, i too have a doubt if ebay is taking us for a ride.They can have enormous funds at their disposal continuously if they keep doing this.Do we smell a scam here?

sri

I think they didnt work out their costing and business model properly and hence canceling when they realize the actual cost to them.

And hey whats the idea behind ordering the same item twice or thrice when it failed the first time? Is this a lottery? :)

Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back