ebay Global- anyone ordered?

And hey whats the idea behind ordering the same item twice or thrice when it failed the first time? Is this a lottery? :)

I don't normally buy lottery tickets, but in this case gEbay mentioned they were having "technical difficulties" in making payment to the (original) ebay vendor and that person/co. is working to rectify the so called "technical difficulties". Which vendor will live with their payment process in the dumps for long? Hence, I...

Hi,

Go ahead and order, but while choosing your seller be more careful, look into the feedbacks left by other users, especially the negative ones with the last one month and the reasons! Some sellers do not ship or caused indefinite delay, better stay off from them

You can check the feedback by copying the item# and opening eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and posting the item# in the search box, because you cannot check the feedback if you logon through www.global.ebay.com

Cheers!

Thanks to all the inputs and details. I took the dive and placed a order for a pair of Jamo front speakers. I will keep the thread updated on the progress.

If this goes through, I intend to order a Pioneer Elite receiver from Global ebay.

I am also on the lookout for the Pioneer Elite VSX21/23TXH. It is listed for 35/40k resp. on the site. But seeing your experience and that of others, it seems likely that the order will not be executed.

Is it a good idea to get it via 20north on special order.

Thanks to all the inputs and details. I took the dive and placed a order for a pair of Jamo front speakers. I will keep the thread updated on the progress.

If this goes through, I intend to order a Pioneer Elite receiver from Global ebay.

Does not hurt to try ! I just got a call from a friend who ordered a receiver last week that went through and has been shipped. And the previous posts suggest that ebay is prompt with the refunds. So I will see how my refund goes and then jump in for a receiver ! Pioneer would be my first choice, but I was also open to a Denon and Yamaha as the worse case. Most of the Denon's are refurbished, and ebay global will cancel the order for any item that is not brand new. Last option is the Yamaha 565, at 23k, seems like a great price !

The elite receivers at at 75k in India ! I would rather pay half of that and if it goes bad, buy another one for the remaining amount and try my luck again !!!

I think I figured out the issue with the order cancellations after a series of trial and error orders and talking to someone who knows about how ebay works. So I thought I would share it with all.

The global ebay listings are all automated and not manual, which is obvious given that they add a few lakh listings every day. Based on the category of the item, the weight is presumed to be a certain amount and the rates for shipping are calculated by the scripts and listings generated. When a order is actually placed and they figure out that the item is way more heavier than what they had assumed shipping rates for, they cancel the order citing stupid reasons like seller blocked them, seller cannot ship before this date and so on.

I think I figured out the issue with the order cancellations after a series of trial and error orders and talking to someone who knows about how ebay works. So I thought I would share it with all.

The global ebay listings are all automated and not manual, which is obvious given that they add a few lakh listings every day. Based on the category of the item, the weight is presumed to be a certain amount and the rates for shipping are calculated by the scripts and listings generated. When a order is actually placed and they figure out that the item is way more heavier than what they had assumed shipping rates for, they cancel the order citing stupid reasons like seller blocked them, seller cannot ship before this date and so on.

How can they survive with these kind of business practices. I had a similar issue (noticed before placing the order) with 20North. Normally any projector screen (mine was 115") would weigh more than 10kg and this was ~13.5kg. But the online store was showing it as less than 1kg (w/ shipping cost of 281/- from US to india!!) and it would have come around 6.5 to 7K extra. Anyways I got the Draper Luma 115" (US brand) screen for just half the price (9500/- including all the charges). Later when i pointed out they updated their stock detail.

Hi guys,

While we are at it, my 2 cents.

It is first better to check out the US eBay site for the product you are looking for. There are quite a few reliable guys who ship worldwide and the cost will work out cheaper than what eBay global quotes.

Like for example, I got Oppo BDP-83 directly from US seller and it turned out to be 8K lesser that eBay global(and to top it I received the shipment in 4 days flat - UPS Expedited shipping).

And to top it all, you are directly interacting with the seller.

Cheers,
S.

Last edited:
I took care of customs. Including customs, it still worked out to be 8K cheaper. If you check out gobal eBay you will notice that the cost of Oppo to be 47K. I got it @ 39K including customs.

Sinister what about customs duty?Who took care of that?

Hi,

There is another efficient way of dealing with global ebay, which was revealed to me by Vikas (ID is tomahaXXXX:sad:) from hyderabad. You can directly contact the company that has tie-up with ebay and get the work done much easier and you can be in close communication with regard to the transaction.

Cheers!

Hi,

Seems the prices of AVRs has gone up on global ebay.May be the rising dollor
is the reason?

cheers,
sri

Seems the prices of AVRs has gone up on global ebay.May be the rising dollor is the reason?

You can pick the item # from g-ebay and look up the item on ebay.com for US$ price (paid by g-ebay to actual seller). Convert that into rupees and you can get a rough idea of the amount g-ebay is charging for the end-to-end logistics, inclusive of customs.

This used to be ~40% in Sep/Oct last year, not sure what it is now? Yes, USD variations will reflect in the prices on g-ebay.

:lol:Congrats Pungan! Do keep the numbers of ICC world local service center, those guys are really supportive, but you can't expect any communication from the seller or the reseller. Ebay people do not know anything about the status! So keep in touch with the ICCworld guys, you paisapay ID will be your consignment #:clapping::yahoo: All the best!:clapping:

Buying through ebay global seems like a risky business. I am able to see a high percentage of negative feedbacks in the last one month. Mostly about items not delivered, delay in refund and no customer care.

Have you ever purchased anything through ICC World? I am thinking of buying a home theater system through them. Filled in and submitted their online form, but haven't got any response yet.

Any risk involved in purchasing through ICC World? Anyone here who has purchase through them please share your feedback

I ordered a Blu-Ray Drive from eBay Global Easy Buy on 18th May, 2010. I was to get it before 12th June.

I got a tracking number few days after my purchase but I never received the product. Then I requested for a refund on 13th June and I got refund after 10 days or so.

So, not a good experience. Was hoping to get Blu-Ray drive and then got nothing. :(

Hi guys,

While we are at it, my 2 cents.

It is first better to check out the US eBay site for the product you are looking for. There are quite a few reliable guys who ship worldwide and the cost will work out cheaper than what eBay global quotes.

Like for example, I got Oppo BDP-83 directly from US seller and it turned out to be 8K lesser that eBay global(and to top it I received the shipment in 4 days flat - UPS Expedited shipping).

And to top it all, you are directly interacting with the seller.

Cheers,
S.

Sinister...kindly share the details as I also am planning to buy BDP83. Was the player you bought region free (installed mod chip) or you are planning to DIY.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back