Egate P513 my first budget projector

Naveenbnc

Hello all, recently I bought my first projector Egate P513. I am just sharing a few pictures below.
18111c49ffcc10be587df31c4cc76062.jpg
68ea6994dcfd9623f7b8c5c84c0058bc.jpg
f5fa571770b9e68ac2f416e2fd280352.jpg
245b8f913f59513cebee64333f1cfcda.jpg
d24c4be424fa840aa50aae6d9845c4ef.jpg
0f766a3443acc00be89ab784486fdcb4.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

sorry to say that I could not take pictures with a high quality cam. I don't have one currently. I took the above pics with my mobile redmi note 3. The actual quality of the image is definitely better than what you see here.

Going forward, I will try to add my observations. So far I did not touch any settings like color contrast adjustments etc. Those images are with default settings in PJ.

I am sure that PQ can be further improved with adjustments in settings.

To put it short, may be its too early to judge, but my initial impression is, EGATE P513 is surely very good in less than 20k price range.

I will post some more details with position of PJ and distance from screen (wall presently) etc....

I am getting 8 feet wide picture easily. Its a great experience to begin with ...

There is some stuff in my room that I have to move out... to make it a dedicated HT room.

And instead of buying a rack or cupboard, to place my avr, amplifier etc, i taught of building one.

May be this is a bit off the topic, but I bought two sheets of 12mm glass 4x1.5 feet.
I have to make a stainless steel or wooden frame to mount them...

But meanwhile, I got a temporary cheap idea.
I cut 50mm thick thermocol sheets into multiple pieces, and placed the glass sheets.

See the below pic...whatever little we do... a diy gives some satisfaction... :eek:hyeah:

7a42657705d873a0d0da53d2aca6c9f7.jpg

sorry to say that I could not take pictures with a high quality cam. I don't have one currently. I took the above pics with my mobile redmi note 3. The actual quality of the image is definitely better than what you see here.

Try using opencamera application on playstore.. Pictures settings can be tweaked manually.. Not immediately, later point of time..

screen (wall presently) etc....

A screen can up the picture quality.. If you are open to experimentation, try the black widow paint on your wall with FM inputs (or) try DIY solutions as this can be inexpensive..

I am getting 8 feet wide picture easily. Its a great experience to begin with ...

I think that is about > 100 inch diagnol size..

Hope you have access to quality BR Rips..

Last edited:
Sure elangoas... over the period of time ... I will try all options you suggested ... And yes, I have access to some BR rips, ...:) thanks a lot for all the guidance so far...

I will post all details with proper measurements soon.

one observatio so far guys...

In broad daylight shots in movies, lets say a person is in white dress, and the background is a white wall, the picture is not showing the depth clearly....
i mean, the white dress and white background wall is getting mixed up to some extent.

Secondly, in night time shots in blue shade, the color is spreading out a little. (blue color has more tendancy to spread)

I guess, These issues can be overcome with adjustments which I didn't try so far.
In the above pics also, some settings adjustments will surely improve the PQ.
Only initial observations guys, and still these are not negatives to judge on a PJ under 20k

I will correct my statements if I learn further ...

EGATE P513 is surely very good in less than 20k price range.

BTW forgot to mention.. You can buy additional 2 yrs warranty for the PJ.. abt 3.5K.. Even if you selling that after a year / 2 yrs time, there is some warranty left and that will fetch value with informed user..

There is some stuff in my room that I have to move out... to make it a dedicated HT room.

And instead of buying a rack or cupboard, to place my avr, amplifier etc, i taught of building one.

May be this is a bit off the topic, but I bought two sheets of 12mm glass 4x1.5 feet.
I have to make a stainless steel or wooden frame to mount them...

But meanwhile, I got a temporary cheap idea.
I cut 50mm thick thermocol sheets into multiple pieces, and placed the glass sheets.

See the below pic...whatever little we do... a diy gives some satisfaction... :eek:hyeah:

Good idea..When complete, should look very tidy..

Il think on the extended warranty elangoas... i guess il go for it..

And right now i cut the thermocol pieces around 6 inches wide. If i replace them with a thin stainless frame, il get plenty of space.

And i can add one more glass on top and make it 3 tier if needed:eek:hyeah:

For 20K it is an worth for every penny. Picture quality in photos taken by phone seems to be nice. Yes it will improve further as suggested by elango after tweaking.

Il think on the extended warranty elangoas... i guess il go for it..

Cool..

And right now i cut the thermocol pieces around 6 inches wide. If i replace them with a thin stainless frame, il get plenty of space.

And i can add one more glass on top and make it 3 tier if needed:eek:hyeah:

I hope you will be projecting on the wall behind the glass stand.. If you add one more sheet of glass, you will need to place center speaker above that and the projected image has to start above that.. Juz measure approximately (projected image) on how much height it is going to be from your seating position.. (Caution : not to strain your neck)..

Congrats Naveen :) Enjoy your big screen experience. It seems pretty good from the pics you've posted, I'm sure the PQ will improve further with your preferred Settings. Big screen experience is a different thing, it's where size matters rather than quality, especially, when under 20K. Nothing to complain there. Enjoy !

I saw it in amazon and was wondering how it will be. Thanks for the pics and review. This seems to be a great budget bet !

indy70,

If you dont have budget constraint.... that's a different story. But in 20k range this is surely a good one.

Cool..

I hope you will be projecting on the wall behind the glass stand.. If you add one more sheet of glass, you will need to place center speaker above that and the projected image has to start above that.. Juz measure approximately (projected image) on how much height it is going to be from your seating position.. (Caution : not to strain your neck)..

If I add a screen, I can place my center channel behind it. (Not sure if the volume gets obstructed by the screen. May be it will be minimal.)

If I continue to use the wall, I have to place the center channel below the screen. Not ideal, but manageable.

With my little experience, I felt that screen is better if it is as near to the floor as possible.
May be 1.5 to 2 feet above the floor would be good. (in general, our eye sight is more comfortable looking down, than looking up)

If I add a screen, I can place my center channel behind it. (Not sure if the volume gets obstructed by the screen. May be it will be minimal.)

If you use a regular Vinyl screen, you can't place the center channel behind it, as it will completely block the sound from center channel..

But, if you use Acoustic Transparent screen (Spandex Fabric), you can comfortably place the center channel behind the screen at ear height..

I had recently completed a DIY AT screen with members help.. Here is the thread - http://www.hifivision.com/diy/67092-diy-acoustic-transparent-screen.html

If I continue to use the wall, I have to place the center channel below the screen. Not ideal, but manageable.

If it was a TV, you can easily place the center on top of it.. Because of the large scrren, you will be forced to place it below screen.. abt 1.5 feet of ground.. Not a good place IMO..

With my little experience, I felt that screen is better if it is as near to the floor as possible. May be 1.5 to 2 feet above the floor would be good. (in general, our eye sight is more comfortable looking down, than looking up)

I placed the DIY AT screen 12 inches of the floor, so it is easy for prolonged use and doesn't strain your neck..

Since you like DIY, you can evaluate options of DIY screen.. Won't cost you more than 5K (Material, labour all Incl) to build a 120 inch screen..

Since you are getting 8 feet wide image, i think you can place Left, center & right speakers behind your screen..Only one downisde.. These are not foldable, but need to mounted on fixed frame (or) Flip-up, something i tried really weird :eek:hyeah:

If I go for a screen it will be a DIY. Its fun. And I have your thread to copy all the things you tried...:):eek:hyeah:

Making a large screen flip up, will make my wife go crazy. :eek:hyeah:
She is already frustrated that I am literally living in that room :lol:

My glass rack happiness didn't last for long.
My one and half year old daughter wont sit any where in the house except on the glass rack :eek:hyeah:
And she started scratching the thermocol already.

But I am more worried to have all electrical connections in her reach. So last night I moved my AVR to the top of the corner rack i made.
It was made to keep laptops and laptop bags. :sad: Few months ago I didn't had a slightest guess of buying a PJ. I wouldn't have put the rack there.

My wall is 10feet 2 inches. And the rack is little more than 1.5 feet wide.
Any way I have only 8 feet wide usable wall.
(See the below pics)

Last edited:
Just to keep my kid safe, may be I have to place all my AV stuff above that corner box. I can build a rack above that though ..

3b08c6254cfa6b65362b75dfb2224b79.jpg
db6bd4a098280d74c9e28b25938d1c49.jpg

Last edited:
Just to keep my kid safe, may be I have to place all my AV stuff above that corner box. I can build a rack above that though ..

I have an idea.. Just evaluate how it sounds to you.. From the images, i see a beam which is protruding in a corner of the room.. Take the protruding depth of the beam and make a fixed frame (plywood) from left to right of the room.. So that it looks like full flat wall.. In the middle of the frame, you can keep the DIY screen design as flip-up just to access the space behind..

The depth of the frame should hide the front & center..

On the top of the frame, you can make provisions to keep your AVR & other media devices so that they are not accessible to kids..

A frame, something like this..

5ade8733c51760d1269305570a590954--home-theatre-theatre-design.jpg

If I go for a screen it will be a DIY. Its fun.

Sure it is.. and more of a learning experience..

And I have your thread to copy all the things you tried...:):eek:hyeah:

FM @Manoj.p suggested me screen material, other members with very good ideas..I started off with Dhoti & then finished it double layer spandex, with center behind it..

Making a large screen flip up, will make my wife go crazy. :eek:hyeah:
She is already frustrated that I am literally living in that room :lol:

Show her some google images of Acoustic transparent screen with frame and who knows, you may get the nod :eek:hyeah:

My glass rack happiness didn't last for long.
My one and half year old daughter wont sit any where in the house except on the glass rack :eek:hyeah:
And she started scratching the thermocol already.

Best to avoid glass in the room, especially with toddler around.. Also without stand, it gives an impression of more floor area however small the room may be..

But I am more worried to have all electrical connections in her reach. So last night I moved my AVR to the top of the corner rack i made.
It was made to keep laptops and laptop bags. :sad: Few months ago I didn't had a slightest guess of buying a PJ. I wouldn't have put the rack there.

My wall is 10feet 2 inches. And the rack is little more than 1.5 feet wide.
Any way I have only 8 feet wide usable wall.

If you intend to do something like above pic, it would make room more lovely.. Re-position the rack to some-other place in home :)..

down the line I have to do this for sure elangoas !!! The idea of building a frame flashed when I started thinking what to do next ....:eek:hyeah:

I was very happy with that rack because it is not visible when the door is opened, and solved the mess with two laptops, bags, and chargers. Now its time to kick it out of this room :lol:

Allotting time and managing the kid is a challenge. Sooner or latter, i will definitely do it...thanks for the inputs... :clapping:

Just a query... is it possible to get 7 or 8 feet wide picture if I place the PJ near to the wall (Screen)?
May be 4 feet away from the screen, and hanging at 3 feet below the ceiling? (I will try this weekend though.. )

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back