EMT 938 in Delhi

The darn thing looks like its in decent shape and the price is not bad at all either.... called the advertiser, it seems the piece is almost gone! Not surprising at all!

Thanks G401fan! I bought the EMT today from Delhi. No sooner than I saw your post, I called him and closed the deal. My brother in law went and picked up the table. It is in good working condition and cosmetically quite good as well. I might need to service and overhaul the whole thing, and I am prepared for that. This is a table, I wanted to buy ever since.

Thanks once again for the help. I will post the pictures as soon as I have them.

Cheers.

Hey Anilva!

Great that you managed to make the deal. I was afraid that somebody might have snagged it earlier, as the ad was listed yesterday, I think (tho' I saw it only this morning).

Had I had the space, and the WAF :)-)) , I might have gone for it meself.

Congrats, again.

Thanks folks. Perhaps I need to also thank my BIL for obliging me to drive down all the way to Ghaziabad to take this one. As far as WAF is concerned, I never had any, but then she has written me off ;-)

Hi,

Congratulations Anil.:clapping:

Must make a trip to listen to it. The EMT TD15"Tonedose" is the cartridge to use with the 938. Prem should be able to help with this TT.

BTW I saw a nice pair of Heathkit Altecs on Ebay. Looks like a nice design for your twin 515B cabinets.

Rare Pair of Altec/Heathkit Legato 2-15" Horn & Driver | eBay

Sorry,I forgot to send the Dual headshell slide through Santosh. Will mail it in the next couple of days.

Regards
Rajiv

Nice catch anilva! Good to know it's gone to someone who will know how to restore it well. A thread with restore details mandatory please! :)

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rajiv and others.

I am quite excited with this project. I love restoring vintage stuff. I will surely post the restoration progress. Need to do some solid ground work first.

Cheers.

Thanks G401fan! I bought the EMT today from Delhi. No sooner than I saw your post, I called him and closed the deal. My brother in law went and picked up the table. It is in good working condition and cosmetically quite good as well. I might need to service and overhaul the whole thing, and I am prepared for that. This is a table, I wanted to buy ever since.

Thanks once again for the help. I will post the pictures as soon as I have them.

Cheers.

Congrats anilva! that's really quick work bro!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back